Release date: November 2nd, 2015
Purchase link: Terminator Genisys
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

01.jpg

11143958-1994313975358339.jpg
11143958-2004313975350335.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am happy with mine, never believed for one minute it was going to be exclusive artwork, it's not like it says it anywhere.

I am just glad it's not a Disney release, we would have ended up with no title on the front and floating heads on the spine :)

Ahhhh... Another case of Zavvi and false advertising.

I have just taken a screen print of the photo on their website and what I have just received.

They will be messaged asking for a partial refund for the miss selling of goods, or they can have this sent back at their own expense.

Maybe the "zavvi secret member of staff" on here can feed this back to this great, great company.

It's ok though, as we can look forward to a flash sale or Z Box in the near future.

P.S - thanks for the photos of the steel James

Yep, they are a nightmare.

I actually thought we was getting WEA and although I really like this and it's a great finish with debossed title I will be complaining and getting a partail refund. Did it with maleificent and will do it with this.
The only reason I ordered this was for the other art and they are still showing it on their site.

Don't matter if the artwork and finsh looks good or bad to the collector, it's still false advertising

Oh and looks like your secret member you mention has replied lol

I've already got two versions of this artwork coming to me in the Filmarena box set. So no reason to accept another version of it with identical art when it was specifically advertised with different art. Doesn't matter if it looks decent or not

Looks pretty fine to me even with the "WRONG" art :)

Yeh, we are special in this tiny island that is the U.K. and yeh we should have our own exclusive artwork just for us in the U.K.. . . LOL

No matter that this is the artwork chosen for the rest of the world (U.S. and CANADA to AUSTRALIA by way of MEXICO, PORTUGAL, FRANCE, HONG KONG and JAPAN and other territories not yet listed).

A mistake was made in the listing which is not a unique event !
Send it back if you feel so strongly about it.

Not a unique event when it comes to Zavvi.

This is the most I have ever seen written by a Zavvi employee.

You know, the company that are registered in Guernsey to avoid paying correct tax amounts to this tiny little Island.

virkia......can you PLEASE e-mail SCANAVO about the glossed shade of white on Terminator Genysis that just landed on my doormat!!

I'm far from happy as i was under the assumption this was a dull matte finish with NO debossing!!!!! not impressed!!!

can you please find out for me why scanavo did this?????

many thanks in advance!!!!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Seriously, this ended up as the WWA release? Wow. Am I glad I cancelled my pre-order and just went with FA now.

The steelbook looks nice to me and artwork is what I expected as we already seen the film arena photos and that been World Wide Artwork it was most likely the Zavvi was going to be the same because they did not list the steelbook been World Exclusive Artwork (WEA)

The mock up photo on Zavvi website been different that is nothing new as this has happened before with some other releases it is a mistake yes and should not really happen and should have been updated before release to show customers the actual correct artwork
It's to do with either paramount UK not providing Zavvi with actual proper artwork or Zavvi not updating the website if it was provided

The debossing and gloss finish I like and looks good and is white and not grey or silver
It is though a little annoying for those in the UK the steelbook not have the bonus disc (HMV have the Bonus Disc with their exclusive Slipcover Blu-ray release)

I will have delivery of this Zavvi steelbook on Monday most likely or Tuesday
In regards to the Bonus Disc though
I would understand others not been happy that the UK Steelbook don't but it was never advertised it would have the Bonus Disc so it not missing it

I'm also in the Group Buy for the Film Arena both releases and they have the Bonus Disc so I will end up with the Bonus Disc anyway so I'm not to bothered that the Zavvi steelbook not have the Bonus Disc

I will have this Steelbook 3 times Zavvi and the 2 Film Arena Editions

Monday or Tuesday have a guess as to what film I will be watching

Reactions: luke98
I can understand how members ordering multiple versions of this from other territories hoping for U.K. exclusive artwork will be disappointed.
I appreciate that Zavvi SHOULD have put "Artwork TBC" on their image as on "Inside Out" where the feeling is that it will be a black and not a white steelbook.
I can appreciate that it is blatant laziness on Zavvi's part that in all this time they did not update their image to the image seen for other countries.

I would have preferred the Zavvi image not because it's different to the others but because I just prefer it and wish that THAT had been the WW art though I'll state it again that I don't mind what we have been given and with the gloss finish and de-bossed title it looks perfectly fine to me.

i thought Zavvi would get WEAM (World Exclusive Arm Movement) :naughty:
It is nice but I prefer the art we thought we was getting.
Still like it though but I have also taken a print screen of the listing.

Hi James,

Thank you for contacting us here at Zavvi. We are always finding new ways to alienate our customers.

We are pleased to hear you received your WEA, oops, we mean WEA Steelbook.

As a result of our error, we are willing to provide you with a 0% discount.

If you are unhappy with this, please feel free to post this back to us from your tiny island that expects so much.

Your so demanding, you cheeky joker. You must think you are so special on that small Island, that makes us so much money.

We are so glad we could have been of assistance and look forward to dissapointing you in the future.

Your sincerely

Calvin Clown (UK)

The steelbook looks nice to me and artwork is what I expected as we already seen the film arena photos and that been World Wide Artwork it was most likely the Zavvi was going to be the same because they did not list the steelbook been World Exclusive Artwork (WEA)

The mock up photo on Zavvi website been different that is nothing new as this has happened before with some other releases it is a mistake yes and should not really happen and should have been updated before release to show customers the actual correct artwork
It's to do with either paramount UK not providing Zavvi with actual proper artwork or Zavvi not updating the website if it was provided

The debossing and gloss finish I like and looks good and is white and not grey or silver
It is though a little annoying for those in the UK the steelbook not have the bonus disc (HMV have the Bonus Disc with their exclusive Slipcover Blu-ray release)

I will have delivery of this Zavvi steelbook on Monday most likely or Tuesday
In regards to the Bonus Disc though
I would understand others not been happy that the UK Steelbook don't but it was never advertised it would have the Bonus Disc so it not missing it

I'm also in the Group Buy for the Film Arena both releases and they have the Bonus Disc so I will end up with the Bonus Disc anyway so I'm not to bothered that the Zavvi steelbook not have the Bonus Disc

I will have this Steelbook 3 times Zavvi and the 2 Film Arena Editions

Monday or Tuesday have a guess as to what film I will be watching

What's on the bonus disc Paul?

Again I really like this steel, but i thought I was getting a different front artwork and that was the only reason I ordered it, the fact they can't update a listing for whatever reason being their fault or the studios has nothing to do with me and I have a right to complain.

Didn't zavvi have the original art first and then it changed to what we thought was WEA?

Also why would the studios send updated art to the other retailers and not zavvi? Must be zavvis fault

I can understand how members ordering multiple versions of this from other territories hoping for U.K. exclusive artwork will be disappointed.
I appreciate that Zavvi SHOULD have put "Artwork TBC" on their image as on "Inside Out" where the feeling is that it will be a black and not a white steelbook.
I can appreciate that it is blatant laziness on Zavvi's part that in all this time they did not update their image to the image seen for other countries.

I would have preferred the Zavvi image not because it's different to the others but because I just prefer it and wish that THAT had been the WW art though I'll state it again that I don't mind what we have been given and with the gloss finish and de-bossed title it looks perfectly fine to me.

I fail to see why people would listen to your opinion.

Calling out "Tiny little Islands" stating people are "special" and then calling them "jokers"

Considering your comments, your a great advert for your employers

Maybe you should "appreciate" that.