The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

thewoe

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse
Premium Supporter
Dec 10, 2012
United Kingdom
Release Date: September 1st, 2014
Price: £16.99 - £9.99
Link: http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/blu-ray/the-amazing-spider-man-2-(2)
Group Buy: Masterblaster or Naughtius Maximus

Notes: 2D Only, Confirmed to be Embossed
0E53F9A6-A841-4459-991B-960CF7690A71_zpsxc396gas.jpg

Other Artwork:
3A4BAF21-3C19-4EEF-B5FE-978F6A3AC63F_zpscb7xwpac.jpg

E72E651E-A85C-45D7-B4C6-1EA9D9A16308_zpsxynyktwi.jpg

5B577C45-F8E8-4AB5-85E9-0A5BB5CFA285_zpsu3oy2wt8.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 2,450
Last edited:
I decided to e-mail HMV Customer Service, they kindly as a gesture of good will pre ordered Amazing Spider-Man 2, X-Men DOFP, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes & Godzilla at no charge. So they did good, they did point out though a pre order requires full payment which is a bit odd.

936665_10204165583160367_1862396679316695008_n.jpg

I contacted Hmv Ireland
about the above steelbooks

This was the question I asked them
Will Hmv Ireland be getting these UK Hmv exclusive steelbooks
There are lots of Rep of Ireland customers want to be able to buy these
Can Hmv Ireland arrange with Hmv UK to stock these

This was the HMV Ireland reply
We should do Paul , but they would be very limited while stocks last in some cases

I asked a second question in regard to placing a pre-order
Will I be able to pre order in a hmv or Xtra-vision store as I tried to couple of months ago and none was listed on their system

The reply from HMV Ireland
Yes Paul

I decided to e-mail HMV Customer Service, they kindly as a gesture of good will pre ordered Amazing Spider-Man 2, X-Men DOFP, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes & Godzilla at no charge. So they did good, they did point out though a pre order requires full payment which is a bit odd.

I pre ordered those four titles in HMV Oxford Street earlier this week. Was charged a £5 deposit for each. According to their system, Spiderman 2 will be £16.99, whereas the other three titles are still listed at £21.99 each. Apparently, they'd already taken around 32 pre orders for Spiderman 2 before mine, and approaching 70 pre orders for X-men.

I contacted Hmv Ireland

Thanks for that update Paul. :thumbs:

But something tells me I won't be convinced until I see these in store here. Too many times HMV have just blown me off when I've inquired about something, and it never materialised.

I hope your right though. What worries me is, if they are going to get them, shouldnt they be on their system? And shouldn't we be able to place our preorders now? (As was the case in the old days with say, The Avengers, Thor, Captain America etc...) Especially if they are going to be pretty limited? That would be the most sensible thing to do. Then they are guaranteed to shift those copies.

(A reason I was told they don't stock many Steelbooks any more as 'nobody buys them and they are left with expensive surplus stock'!!!!) :rolleyes:

But something tells me I won't be convinced until I see these in store here. Too many times HMV have just blown me off when I've inquired about something, and it never materialised.

I hope your right though. What worries me is, if they are going to get them, shouldnt they be on their system? And shouldn't we be able to place our preorders now? (As was the case in the old days with say, The Avengers, Thor, Captain America etc...) Especially if they are going to be pretty limited? That would be the most sensible thing to do. Then they are guaranteed to shift those copies.

(A reason I was told they don't stock many Steelbooks any more as 'nobody buys them and they are left with expensive surplus stock'!!!!) :rolleyes:
I can understand them not wanting to carry stock in their stores if not selling well but that might be helped if they merchandised them better to bring to the attention of customers

They should give the option of a customer ordering in the stores and that way they are not left with stock they cant sell
Taking a deposit covers that problem if customer changes their mind and from my experience majority of the time customers who goes into a store to order a item will be wanting it and will purchase it
Not every shop can carry a full stock range and is the reason for customers orders
I will be checking in next few weeks at my local Xtra-vision store to see if I can Pre-order

Reactions: BluSteel2012

I can understand them not wanting to carry stock in their stores if not selling well but that might be helped if they merchandised them better to bring to the attention of customers

They should give the option of a customer ordering in the stores and that way they are not left with stock they cant sell
Taking a deposit covers that problem if customer changes their mind and from my experience majority of the time customers who goes into a store to order a item will be wanting it and will purchase it
Not every shop can carry a full stock range and is the reason for customers orders
I will be checking in next few weeks at my local Xtra-vision store to see if I can Pre-order
probably just hearsay but when my dad went up to the Belfast store for I think it was Enders Game for me they told him that due to higher up restructuring earlier this year all the stores north and south are now coming under the umbrella of HMV ireland rather than UK and that they were now getting their stock from somewhere else so they would no longer be getting any UK exclusive steelbooks

have been hoping that was a load of rubbish and that they do start appearing but not really expecting them to get any UK exclusives whatever the real reason is

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012

I contacted Hmv Ireland

This was the question I asked them
Will Hmv Ireland be getting these UK Hmv exclusive steelbooks
There are lots of Rep of Ireland customers want to be able to buy these
Can Hmv Ireland arrange with Hmv UK to stock these

This was the HMV Ireland reply
We should do Paul , but they would be very limited while stocks last in some cases

I asked a second question in regard to placing a pre-order
Will I be able to pre order in a hmv or Xtra-vision store as I tried to couple of months ago and none was listed on their system

The reply from HMV Ireland
Yes Paul

Thanks for the update Paul. You definitely got more of a professional response than I did. :D

If they truly are in-store I'll save myself a bit of cash by not committing to group buys.

Great news anyway, I'll be in and out like a flash on the Friday prior to release dates.

Did we not already establish that was an error and that those posters were supposed to be taken down from certain stores??

Last edited:
I don't know, the guy who posted it said "I asked a member of staff and he said if it says 3D on that case then it will be a 3D release".

I got my preorders in. £5 deposit for Spidey and £10 deposits for the others as they're more expensive. At least it won't hurt my wallet as much when they finally get released.
I cant wait to watch this again. The green goblin is the best yet.