The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

thewoe

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse
Premium Supporter
Dec 10, 2012
United Kingdom
Release Date: September 1st, 2014
Price: £16.99 - £9.99
Link: http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/blu-ray/the-amazing-spider-man-2-(2)
Group Buy: Masterblaster or Naughtius Maximus

Notes: 2D Only, Confirmed to be Embossed
0E53F9A6-A841-4459-991B-960CF7690A71_zpsxc396gas.jpg

Other Artwork:
3A4BAF21-3C19-4EEF-B5FE-978F6A3AC63F_zpscb7xwpac.jpg

E72E651E-A85C-45D7-B4C6-1EA9D9A16308_zpsxynyktwi.jpg

5B577C45-F8E8-4AB5-85E9-0A5BB5CFA285_zpsu3oy2wt8.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 2,449
Last edited:
Considering it's out in 1 week you'd think if it included 3D and 4K then HMV would've said something? At the moment we've been told it's only 2D and no 4K (basically, the shittest release in the world).
Every Blu-ray release of this film will be "Mastered in 4K" (a Sony marketing term).

Likewise, all of them will be in 1920 x 1080, the standard Blu-ray HD resolution.

Why were the pics from hmv's facebook i added to the OP been removed? i put them there so others can see it as it will be released.

Ive re-added them to the OP under the Spoiler tag, no idea why they got removed in the first place.

Here you go:

lBbzMKD.jpg

oCzeMkq.jpg

2UXATvW.jpg

These pictures have me intrigued. The first two numbers of the barcode (50) certainly indicate a UK origin, added to which all of the writing on the J-card is in English. However, this release is not designated for the domestic UK market, since it is missing the obligatory BBFC ratings symbols.

Also, if you look at the language and sub-title options detailed on the J-card, the discs are clearly those manufactured for sale in Eastern Europe and the Middle East!

Audio: English, Czech, Kazakh, Russian, Ukrainian.
Sub-titles: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Estonian, Hebrew, Latvian, Lithuanian, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovene.

The language and sub-title options for the domestic UK release are different, as evidenced by the J-cards for the standard 2D & 3D editions, illustrated on the amazon.co.uk webpage.

Audio (2D): English, French.
Sub-titles (2D): English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Hindi, Norwegian, Swedish

Audio (3D): English.
Sub-titles (3D): English, Danish, Finnish, Hindi, Norwegian, Swedish.

I get the feeling that this particular release has been produced by Sony, specifically for the Middle East market and that the Eastern Europe discs have been included, since they also contain both Arabic and Hebrew sub-titles.

I'm a little dubious, therefore, that we will see this 3D Steelbook edition released in the UK, especially since HMV is only charging £16.99 for their exclusive, as opposed to the £21.99 they normally charge for their 3D ones.

• Informative
Reactions: USF
As what Noodles has said above. I have just seen this steelbook advertised on the big tv in piccadilly gardens in Manchester. It shown the steelbook with the j-card and after staring at it for a good few minutes it only shown it as blu ray and digital copy. No 3d. Too bad.

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
They replied to your Facebook post at 2:30am? If the same person who's posting on Facebook is doing their Twitter too then no wonder their responses have been so scrambled. Need to get some sleep!
Time on Facebook says 10:30am for me buddy. I was actually already online when they replied too, and it definitely wasn't 2:30am lol.

But yeah... seems we can't trust anything they tell us, because they're giving everyone different answers. Guess we'll just have to wait until release to be 100% sure.

Time on Facebook says 10:30am for me buddy. I was actually already online when they replied too, and it definitely wasn't 2:30am lol.

But yeah... seems we can't trust anything they tell us, because they're giving everyone different answers. Guess we'll just have to wait until release to be 100% sure.

See my post above guys. Definately no 3d.

As what Noodles has said above. I have just seen this steelbook advertised on the big tv in piccadilly gardens in Manchester. It shown the steelbook with the j-card and after staring at it for a good few minutes it only shown it as blu ray and digital copy. No 3d. Too bad.

See my post above guys. Definately no 3d.
Sorry mate... somehow missed your post before. Thanks for confirming though! That sucks. :(

I'm pretty damn sure this is not 3d. I work in a cinema and they're running an advert to get this steelbook and at the top it just said blu ray + digital hd. It showed the actual j-card for the steelbook so I'm near enough 100% this will not be 3d unfortunately

I wonder if this includes the bonus disc, or the bonus material on the normal disc.

seems a bit of a mish mash all round (no 3D, weird image sizing, unclear if any bonus content). Hope this is not a new approach by HMV

it is a bizarre decision to not make the image fit right to the edge of the frame.

even if it did go right to the frame, it would still be bad art.

the front clashes and is jarring with the back. they dont work together.

none of this is hmv's fault though. personally i'd still buy it just to go with the first amazing spiderman steel. that one was genuinely impressive.

Reactions: lgans316
Personally, yeah, they could of stretched the front image out a little more to fit the steel, but we have now all seen the flaws with the design, so it's case of either buy it or don't buy. It's not a HMV world exclusive and minus a different J card, this is the general release across the world.

On a positive note, I do really like the embossing on spideys eye and the back art is excellent. I have the HMV steel from the first movie. It was okay, but not exactly a world beater. The back art was rubbish made and the front image was good, but not "amazing" so to speak.

As for the 3D mystery, there is obviously a communication issue between HMV HQ and their staff in store. It's like they still haven't got to grips again with how to market an exclusive.