The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

thewoe

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse
Premium Supporter
Dec 10, 2012
United Kingdom
Release Date: September 1st, 2014
Price: £16.99 - £9.99
Link: http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/blu-ray/the-amazing-spider-man-2-(2)
Group Buy: Masterblaster or Naughtius Maximus

Notes: 2D Only, Confirmed to be Embossed
0E53F9A6-A841-4459-991B-960CF7690A71_zpsxc396gas.jpg

Other Artwork:
3A4BAF21-3C19-4EEF-B5FE-978F6A3AC63F_zpscb7xwpac.jpg

E72E651E-A85C-45D7-B4C6-1EA9D9A16308_zpsxynyktwi.jpg

5B577C45-F8E8-4AB5-85E9-0A5BB5CFA285_zpsu3oy2wt8.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 2,448
Last edited:
Picking mine up on Wednesday. Poster does look really good to be honest (well done to the winner) I thought this steelbook was matte, gloss and silk varnish or something whatever that is. 3D would of been a nice touch tho. Loved this film in 3D

Got mine from the Mansfield store,had loads on the shelves.
I like the steel for the price I think it's excellent,shame the 3D isn't included but sure I'll pick just the disc up cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Collected mine at lunchtime today from the Bury store.
Just like to say they're a great bunch is the long tradition of HMV stores (in my experience).

They had a few wrapped behind the counter, and obviously a few put away in the back store room. Oddly there were half a dozen opened sans discs on the rack facing you as you go in - never seen that done before.

Very happy with the Steel, like the colours, the embossing - the black border presents no big deal for me.

Did anyone else get a free Spidey poster?

Collected mine at lunchtime today from the Bury store.
Just like to say they're a great bunch is the long tradition of HMV stores (in my experience).

They had a few wrapped behind the counter, and obviously a few put away in the back store room. Oddly there were half a dozen opened sans discs on the rack facing you as you go in - never seen that done before.

Very happy with the Steel, like the colours, the embossing - the black border presents no big deal for me.

Did anyone else get a free Spidey poster?

Yes. Got the free spidey poster. And don't forget. Ring or text the phone number on the wrapping and you'll get a free issue of empire magazine

• Informative
Reactions: JackRegan and vurt
Yes. Got the free spidey poster. And don't forget. Ring or text the phone number on the wrapping and you'll get a free issue of empire magazine

Thanks Ric,

I saw it said Empire when 'Goz' (yes really that's his name tag) handed it to me in it's nice thick plastic bag; but I hadn't read what it said until now.

Not a bad deal for £16-99 is it? :)

Come on HMV, more exclusives, please - gives me an excuse to come in the store and browse - I and I almost always find soemthing I want; and some nice prices these days.

p.s. Is it Godzilla next?

Reactions: ricster
I love ASM2, just finished watching it after buying the steelbook and the 3D bluray, its a great film, i really got invested in peter and gwen and lived the way there relationship eas handled.

Why oh why was this not the 3D version? A SteelBook should be the definitive edition available upon release (in the absence of a CE), and should ALWAYS be the 3D version where a film is available in 3D! I shouldn't be expected to buy an exclusive SteelBook for the premium packaging, and then have to go and double dip just to get the 3D disc from another version! The SteelBook release should be the ULTIMATE consumer experience!

Part of me wonders whether this would have been the 3D release had it not been exclusive to HMV - if it were available from all retailers, then perhaps Sony would have been more willing to make this the only 3D release out there, opposed to the cardboard slipcover 3D release