Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: September 13th, 2012
Purchase link: Amazon.de
Price: 20.99 EUR (original)
Notes: Regio Free

the-avengers-steelbook-480.jpg

Actual pictures: (Thanks to fusnu for the pictures!)
avengers1.jpg

avengers2.jpg

avengers3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The UK will have a different steelbook, as the film is not called "The Avengers" here, but instead for some stupid reason it's called "Avengers Assemble" so it's a different title all together.

Are you sure? All the promotional material in my cinema says 'The Avengers'? There's quite a lot it too?

I know, it's freaking retarded - i'm hoping the US will have their factory up and running by then, i'll get an american copy of it.... Unless France or Germany come up with a beauty.

The US is not getting a steelbook of this, I don't think.

It's Disney and they've already announced a Metal Box via Future Shop in Canada. It'll be a surprise if we got anything in the US.

They've seemed to settle on that version and stay away from Steelbook.

Here's to hoping, but in the mean time...HELLZ TO THE YEAH.

I've ordered extra in case of a potential group buy for US / Canada members. :)

That is true but remember, different regions have different studio rights. It has already been confirmed Canada will be getting an Avengers Metal Pak since Disney owns NA rights now but doesn't mean other regions where Disney doesn't hold the distribution rights won't do their own thing.

Canada will be getting a Viva Metal Box. That's not the same as a Star Metalpak. ;)

Reactions: FanOfGaming
When I try to pre order this I get a strange message which translates as:

Please note

Unfortunately, the article Marvel's The Avengers Steelbook 2D + 3D + Bonus Disc [3D Blu-ray] is no longer available on your chosen provider. Please click here to return to the product page and choose a different provider.

Anyone else get this??

When I try to pre order this I get a strange message which translates as:

Please note

Unfortunately, the article Marvel's The Avengers Steelbook 2D + 3D + Bonus Disc [3D Blu-ray] is no longer available on your chosen provider. Please click here to return to the product page and choose a different provider.

Anyone else get this??

They just changed the listing to "notify" when available.

So you might see it be more expensive when it goes live, or amazon.de decided to wait a little longer before making it live for real.

Just wanted to say thanks DB for bringing this to our attention today as I had the chance to load up on cheap 3D steels at an amazing price. I can't believe how cheap this pre order was. EEK!

I expect the price to go up at least 5 euros. Heck look at the price of Captain America 3D steelbook. 33 Euros.