The Aviator (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: March 30,2014
Purchase link: The Aviator Sold Out
Price: £16.99
Notes: Worldwide Exclusive Artwork, Limited to 2000 units, Embossed ,Spot Gloss finish

10892766-1389359282-77530.jpg

I0ncyg4.png

65ITV5g.png

y4GKWmB.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Plays fine on my US Zone A Panasonic DMP-BD75 using the remote control trick.
Just finished watching this for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Looked and sounded superb on my Projector/ home cinema setup. I was actually expecting subpar visuals.

Last edited:
Don't know what all this scrounging is about. The Steelbook is fine. Stop whinging!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered a pepsi but they gave me a coke. Why is everyone complaining. Gosh. Everyone is complaining that they falsely advertised it. Try and keep up.

I for one, sadden that it doesn't match what we expected, but as you mentioned I still think it passes. Mine should be here anyday, and I await it.

Last edited:
If the amount of offers I've received to trade one of mine is anything to go by, then this steel is going to be far more sought after than anyone expects. Unbelievable.

Livid with Zavvi. Mine arrived on day 1 with a huge dent to the side, front isn't too bad to look at but box barely closes. I got in touch and even though it was sold out at the time I said I'd really like a replacement so if anymore become available is it possible to arrange for one. I was told to go through all the bother of sending pictures, got no reply for 3 days in which time I think a few came back into stock then sold again only to hear today I can't get a replacement because that they've none left but would I take a 10% refund.

The side is bashed in and I get offered 10% whereas people are being offered 20% for the artwork being not as advertised. I've basically told them to stick it unless they want to give me it for almost free. Wouldn't mind but I love the artwork and the steel looks great in general. They need a much better system in place for freeing up stock of these ultra limited editions, should take care of customers who have paid first before flogging all rest.

Reactions: lolwut and Starling
Same thing happened to me with The Prestige and they told me that same crap about 10% which in the end i accepted and never received. Not worth my time. They got us by the balls.

Is this how it's going to work from now on? If you don't like a Steelbook contact the retailer and demand a partial refund?

Of course, as it is not as described or advertised. No rocket science involved here.

It has stated spot gloss in the OP here for months. In fact both yourself and Blu-devil acknowledged digitalbabe's post on March 26th (before any copies were dispatched) stating that it would be spot loss and have an embossed title.

It has stated spot gloss in the OP here for months. In fact both yourself and Blu-devil acknowledged digitalbabe's post on March 26th (before any copies were dispatched) stating that it would be spot loss and have an embossed title.

Its not actually spot gloss tho is it mate? its like a zero finish or something which zavvi are tying to pass off as spot gloss.

It is spot gloss in my opinion, it feels like gloss when you run your fingers over it.