The Aviator (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: March 30,2014
Purchase link: The Aviator Sold Out
Price: £16.99
Notes: Worldwide Exclusive Artwork, Limited to 2000 units, Embossed ,Spot Gloss finish

10892766-1389359282-77530.jpg

I0ncyg4.png

65ITV5g.png

y4GKWmB.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite like my copy, the only thing I don't like are the two scratches I have on the back on poor ol' Leo.

After reading all the horror stories, in hand I think this is a classy steelbook - well the front anyway! It has the lightest spot-gloss I've ever known though! This ain't no astronaut on the Gravity steel spot-glossing!

I emailed Zavvi complaining about inaccurately described so-called gloss finish. I didn't expect it to get me anywhere I just felt like raising a complaint about it, to which they sent me a return request without even asking for one. I think we need a facepalm smiley.

What happens next? Do I have to return it now? :ohno:

I emailed Zavvi complaining about inaccurately described so-called gloss finish. I didn't expect it to get me anywhere I just felt like raising a complaint about it, to which they sent me a return request without even asking for one. I think we need a facepalm smiley.

What happens next? Do I have to return it now? :ohno:

You can just contact them again if you arent happy with the resolution they gave you. You don't have to send it back if you intended on keeping it.

I contacted them with regards the scratches on the back and the gave me a 20% refund.

I feel guilty trying to get money off it, but at the same time frustrated with the lack of truth presented in the product description. Although, I think the price tag is purposely inflated to cover these £3 discounts.

You can ignore the return request if you don't want to take it any further as you haven't received a replacement or refund so you have no obligation.

They only offered me 10%!! EEK! I'm emailing them!! :thumbs:

Was your request a refund due to scratches or because of the finish? I sent them pictures of the scratches on the back and the responded fairly fast with a 20% refund offer...they also offered me 20% refund for my copy of rambo II that looked someone sat on it lol sending that one back for a replacement.

Or people are starting to realize the huge jump in quality a gloss finish can make (some of which can be attributed to the great work in the Custom Gloss thread). I prefer vivid, vibrant colors/deep blacks over dull colors and streaky finishes. Personally I think all steelbooks should be glossy, with exceptions for vintage, classic artwork. Matte is cheaper (and looks it).

Amen bro, amen :thumbs:

I think the best thing for zavvi to do from now on is to not offer any advance info regarding gloss or embossing/debssing - if plans are likely to change then they should just announce title and release dates and nothing more - until the steelbook is in production and they can give exact info, not guesswork.

I think if they had not promised gloss, there would be no complaints - perhaps the trouble over this will lead them to this very conclusion.

Positive pre-order information (gloss,numbering,lenti,slipcover,embossing ect) = stronger than normal pre-order sentiment from collectors = stronger than normal placed pre-orders/possible OOS during pre-order stage/far less cancellations = MUCH improved revenue for zavvi compared to a typical zero information zavvi pre-order listing.

:movie:

Reactions: lolwut
Was your request a refund due to scratches or because of the finish? I sent them pictures of the scratches on the back and the responded fairly fast with a 20% refund offer...they also offered me 20% refund for my copy of rambo II that looked someone sat on it lol sending that one back for a replacement.

For the finish, AKA false advertising... We'll see what happens :)

Reactions: Colombianlove41