The Crow (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Nov 5, 2012
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Release date: May 18, 2015
Purchase link: The Crow
Price: £16.99
Notes: Limited to 2500 Copies. Gloss Finish.

crow.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably THE most iconic Goth film of all time and its white lol. Failure doesn't even begin to cover it. This is one instance where they should actually have stuck with the silver. So glad my mate is buying mine off me as it's just terrible. (n):arghh::banghead::facepalm::yuck:

Reactions: Hamill82
So we are blessed with a non-bare metal steel which looks to actually deliver on it's place holder design and it happens to be the most unfitting colour scheme for a film called 'The Crow'.

EiV's debut into the game and already they're like "nope".

Reactions: psychoscot
So we are blessed with a non-bare metal steel which looks to actually deliver on it's place holder design and it happens to be the most unfitting colour scheme for a film called 'The Crow'.

EiV's debut into the game and already they're like "nope".

lol my father saw this sitting on the coffee table and it's one of the few times he's commented on a steelbook. He just laughed and said of all the steels that should be glossy and black this is number one on the list. :rofl:

To those saying we should support EiV as it's their first attempt, NO WE SHOULDN'T. They are beyond lazy and the majority of transfers they release are utter garbage. Now they attempt steelbooks and just stuff the same art inside and out. Supporting them will mean Zavvi buy more and sorry but EiV have never listened to any feedback in the 20 odd years I have seen them in business, they won't be starting now. The less titles they get the better.

Probably THE most iconic Goth film of all time and its white lol. Failure doesn't even begin to cover it. This is one instance where they should actually have stuck with the silver. So glad my mate is buying mine off me as it's just terrible. (n):arghh::banghead::facepalm::yuck:

Most of the promotional items for this movie were white. Since when was this a Goth film?

The-Crow-Soundtrack.jpg

Reactions: Noodles
Most of the promotional items for this movie were white. Since when was this a Goth film?

The-Crow-Soundtrack.jpg

I've spent 30 years heavily involved around Goth/Metalhead culture. My entire life and social circle revolves around it. The Crow is considered one of the most iconic films to people within that subculture and was heavily featured across metal mags upon release. Not to mention the soundtrack with some of the biggest names in Goth and metal. Don't believe me just type into Google "The Crow Goth" and educate yourself.

What you posted is the soundtrack cover, the promo posters were all dark and gothic

These 2 being the ones used across the world and on virtually every gothic teenagers wall afterwards.

Just because goth culture clung on to The Crow it does not make it a "goth film" as you call it.

What makes it a Goth film, is the fact it's based on a Gothic Comic series, written by a Goth for Goths featuring heavy quotations from philosophers and artists favoured by Goths lol. Any well researched article ever written about the film will reference it's Gothic birth. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a simple basic indisputable fact. Water is wet, the sun is hot and The Crow was made based on a Gothic character by a Gothic inclined director to appeal to Goths before any other audience demographic.

The comic as well as the film have Gothic elements but neither belong to the goth culture. we will just have to agree to disagree. BTW I know what I posted was the soundtrack cover....I was simply pointing out that using white imagery to promote The Crow is nothing new.

Psychoscot is absolutely right. If any steelbook should be in dark/black colour it's definitely this one. I was gothic teenager back in 1994 with long black hair and black clothes. We all adored The Crow and I had that upper poster on my wall with Cradle of Filth, Marilyn Manson and other posters.

Reactions: psychoscot
The comic as well as the film have Gothic elements but neither belong to the goth culture

Incorrect.

The film was constructed around the use of Gothic music and qotations, espcially by the Cure a goth band who's lyrics not only feature as part of the story but are peppered thoughtout the script. In the days and years before the likes of Hot Topic when it wasn't cool or trendy to be goth or emo, goths had very little outside of their music. Both O'Barr and Alex Proyas stated crystal clearly that this entire creation was for them, the dark moody kids as O'Barr likes to call them as he hates the term Goth. This film 100% belongs to the modern gothic subculture which has meshed especially in Europe with the metal culture. The fact it did well beyond Goths was down to excellent reviews and Lee's death. If Lee hadn't passed this would most likely have been a minor hit and forgotten about by everyone outside of the darkest Goth clubs.

Psychoscot is absolutely right. If any steelbook should be in dark/black colour it's definitely this one. I was gothic teenager back in 1994 with long black hair and black clothes. We all adored The Crow and I had that upper poster on my wall with Cradle of Filth, Marilyn Manson and other posters.

NAIL AND HEAD! ........ I'm still dressed head to toe in black now, in my 40's and still listening to Cradle and Manson lol :naughty: