The Exorcist (1973) - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 18, 2023
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99

TE_50A.jpg
TE_50A (open).jpg TE_50A (inside).jpg

Last edited:
Just arrived

Don’t know why I expected the finish to be better, I swear I read somewhere this one was gloss and the other version in the collectors sets are matte but this is a pretty simple boring matte finish. Looks pretty poor tbh. Probably send it back

Just arrived

Don’t know why I expected the finish to be better, I swear I read somewhere this one was gloss and the other version in the collectors sets are matte but this is a pretty simple boring matte finish. Looks pretty poor tbh. Probably send it back

I was afraid it will end up like this :pain: such a great looking steel for a masterpiece and they ruin it with crap finish
the-shining-angry-jack-torrance-so5n6x0473chkvl2.gif

Just arrived

Looked like a spot gloss title from the quick video I saw. No? Just matte?

I was afraid it will end up like this :pain: such a great looking steel for a masterpiece and they ruin it with crap finish
the-shining-angry-jack-torrance-so5n6x0473chkvl2.gif

Looked like a spot gloss title from the quick video I saw. No? Just matte?
The only positive is it’s not a Cheap matte. It’s smooth. But yeah very disappointed with it plus it has a dent anyway. I’m sending it back. I’ll keep the collectors version but I’m seriously not looking forward to that steelbook after seeing this

I swear one of the accounts from WB said this had a gloss finish. And the other steel that’s out next month is matte

The only positive is it’s not a Cheap matte. It’s smooth. But yeah very disappointed with it plus it has a dent anyway. I’m sending it back. I’ll keep the collectors version but I’m seriously not looking forward to that steelbook after seeing this

I swear one of the accounts from WB said this had a gloss finish. And the other steel that’s out next month is matte
UK releases Warner never mentioned Gloss for the The Exorcist SteelBooks

You might be getting mixed up with one of the other UK Universal/Warner releases some of those film releases was mentioned by warner reps as Gloss Finish

You might be getting mixed up with one of the other UK Universal/Warner releases some of those are listed as Gloss Finish
Nope. Not on about listings. On about the 2 or 3 guys who popped up here saying they worked on these editions

Nope. Not on about listings. On about the 2 or 3 guys who popped up here saying they worked on these editions
WB reps on this Web forum never mentioned Gloss for the Exorcist UK SteelBook finish
They clearly mentioned was matte finish.

They mentioned Gloss Finish in threads for other films that was getting SteelBook releases from Universal/Warner

You might be getting mixed up with one of the other UK Universal/Warner releases some of those film releases was mentioned by warner reps as Gloss Finish
Unfortunate. I love the art, but glad I went with the collector's ed now. At least the art is on the slip then, which should be a nice metallic gloss finish. The steel inside will be matte though, and I don't have high hopes for it given its mostly black..

WB reps on this Web forum never mentioned Gloss for the Exorcist UK SteelBook finish

They mentioned Gloss in threads for other Films that was getting releases from Universal/Warner
I never said I 100% read it. I said I thought I read it meaning I’m probably very hazy on that info and I’ve confused something with something else. Getting it in hand 4 hours ago has confirmed that for me. F**k me

Reactions: samdavies
I do hope US dont get better finish or will be annoyed that i bought deluxe but got crappy finish from Warner UK
The steelbook in the deluxe is a different steelbook anyway.. so it doesn't make any difference. The US is only getting this art, not the theatrical art steel in the deluxe/collector's editions.