The Exorcist (1973) - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 9 October 23, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop
Price: £44.99

FB_IMG_1689849279901.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe add some heat (hairdryer) to soften the glue. Someone mentioned above that the cold weather we're having here is contributing to it sticking too much.
Heating will work nicely. Just give it chance to go gooey and it will give up. It’s just a case of identifying where the dots are. I don’t know who they employed to stick the age ratings on but maybe at least try and put them on in the middle and straight Next time please. Unless they are making a point of saying “these are removable!” Nice package though.

They are hard to remove unfortunately. But after just watching the film… damn, it’s a small price to pay for that image and colour. Love it!!
It was really good. Some of the Exorcism scenes at the end looked like they dipped in quality and the blue tint is still there but no lt as bad as the previous blu ray.

But overall probably the best this film will ever look.

strange how the exorcism scenes the quality drops
normally you only get that if they have more rough footage for deleted scenes put back in but none of the footage is new lol

strange how the exorcism scenes the quality drops
normally you only get that if they have more rough footage for deleted scenes put back in but none of the footage is new lol
Probably like the total recall spacecraft landing scene. So much of one colour messes with the encoding process. The scans will be perfect but won’t fit lossless on a disc. Like the difference between a tiff and jpeg file. That’s why streaming from say Netflix gets horrible when there’s a really dark scene and you get the banding and squares Creeping in.

Any tips for getting the glue dots off? I started from the back and there's a bit of a bubble on the one I removed. Too nervous to take the rest of the J-card off now.
lots of other suggestions above. i get the j-card off carefully, to any remaining glue dot residue add a little lighter fluid directly, then circular rub very gently with kitchen towel. has always worked so far. :thumbs:

Reactions: Futurhythm
lots of other suggestions above. i get the j-card off carefully, to any remaining glue dot residue add a little lighter fluid directly, then circular rub very gently with kitchen towel. has always worked so far. :thumbs:
Didn't think to use lighter fluid as I generally try to avoid using solvents.

I don't want to be like this guy who created this rather impressive bubble on his YouTube video when removing the j-card. You could tell the disappointment in his voice. (Sorry if you're a member on here).

Resizer_16976683908291.jpeg

I don't want to be like this guy who created this rather impressive bubble on his YouTube video when removing the j-card. You could tell the disappointment in his voice. (Sorry if you're a member on here).

View attachment 565728
agree on solvents - that's why i use the kitchen towel. the surface sucks up the liquid while also removing the sticker or glue marks. as a result of this chat, i checked several recently cleaned steels, and all are correct colour and finish. :thumbs: anwyay, the key thing is that people find something that works for you, your preference, and your products. :)

View attachment 565728
Running a hairdryer over the sections with glue until it softens enough to remove normally - works a treat on slipcases.

Genuine question, why does anyone need to remove the J Card? The steelbook slides out from the side. Is it because the glue dots will smear and damage the box over time if left on?

Genuine question, why does anyone need to remove the J Card? The steelbook slides out from the side. Is it because the glue dots will smear and damage the box over time if left on?
Because it's an ugly jcard covering an otherwise beautiful slip. What's the point in having rear/wraparound art if you keep the info card stuck there.. the glue dots do seem to be particularly strong here, so any damage has technically already been done.

Schrodinger's slipcase.

• Thanks
Reactions: Guyisamovieaddict
As @samdavies suggests, there’s no ‘reason’ for removing it, I suppose apart from how it looks. But speaking from personal experience: yes, if you leave the glue on long enough, it will definitely do damage. So I remove them as a matter of course.

But, yeah, the real ‘reason’ anyone will offer is likely that is looks way, way better without. And I would agree.

Reactions: Guyisamovieaddict