The Footy Megathread!

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Well we keep finding more and more fans, garlad you are just adding to the group. So let's keep all football related content in this thread since we are small group of fans who actually follow we can't make threads that only one person will reply. Anyways Scott, Baliey, Dattebayo and myself all follow pro football. The same people in addition to Bravesfan and jrocca have/play FIFA09.

To answer your question from the other thread, yes I do follow. I don't have a particular team in the EPL, but I enjoy watching the games. However I am liking Liverpool this year, I think if they don't win it now they won't in a long time! they are finally reaching that talent threshold and it's their time! Torres is in a fantastic level and Benitez is having no issues with players so what else can I say? ManU is finally losing grip. Chelsea is a mess I think, they keep buying players and more players that bring a huge ego and that's why the teams is so inconsistent! the egos that team has will not let them find their rhythm. Arsenal has a relatively young team that will only get better and I keep reading everywhere that they might lose Fabregas this next summer....

I used to watch plenty of the Spanish league, but I lost GolTV which used to show all the games every weekend. Fox Sports channel now shows the EPL and the Serie A Italian league which is not bad, but not the same.

Last edited:
Its getting more recognition due to the influx of former stars as they get close to retirement.

Back to the CL, Arsenal should be fine in their group if they take care of the other teams. Their main problem for yrs has been the lack of a finisher infront of goal. Since the departure of Henry, non has adorned the gunners jersey. The team is much better defensively but need finisher to partner Giroud

I agree I think if they do well in the other games. I'm think if alex and theo would stay injury free that wild help

Well I had fun at goodison park today :happy::happy::happy:
Well deserved win for the blue boys , Barkley ran the show in midfield , maybe Chelsea would perform better on the field if Jose went about his business off the field in a respectful manner

Can't buy u stones , can't buy u stones , money can't buy u stones

Well I had fun at goodison park today :happy::happy::happy:
Well deserved win for the blue boys , Barkley ran the show in midfield , maybe Chelsea would perform better on the field if Jose went about his business off the field in a respectful manner

Can't buy u stones , can't buy u stones , money can't buy u stones

Totally deserved result mate. City 11 points ahead too! :OMG:

Reactions: whysoserious?
Good wins for Arsenal and Everton. Chelsea seem to be in shambles at the moment. Heartbreaking loss for Villa. Benteke scores a wonderful goal despite losing to United.

Elsewhere in Spain, Barca dominate Atletico Madrid despite a close score, Ronaldo in tap joy. Loving Sergi Roberto in the lineup though. Messi imperial as ever

It's one thing for City to lose to Juventus and Utd to PSV but if my Chelsea lose to M. Tel-Aviv

I'll
big-tears.gif

(But how **** we have started the season, who knows :banghead:)

Yeah.....good on the blues......but my gunners got off to the WORST possible start :(

Well we have had a shocking start to the season and when Eden missed that first penalty I thought here we go.

Shame about Arsenal that was never a sending off for Giroud when you think the guy who broke Shaw's leg didn't even get booked sometimes you just wonder about some refs, how the tel aviv goalie didn't get send off I don't know.

Don't lose heart it's only first game, chelsea started badly a few years ago at the start and then we won it.

Good Walcott goal, so sad about Wilshere such a talented player but so many injuries and losing Danny is a blow.

We are really gonna miss Courtois :(

Reactions: frankfish44
Footie back tomoz
I hoping Everton can get wins tomoz against Swansea and wba next week , which are both do-able , 6points going it to the Mersey Derby
I think Jose will get Chelsea back on track tomoz , arsenal only one paced .
Expect villa to get 3 points for my pal @PKAVFC
And also like bournemouths chances to beat Sunderland

Come on u toffee men

Reactions: PKAVFC
Wow can't believe they've sacked Brendan, I think had this happened last season Stevie G would still be at Liverpool it's a real shame :(

I just hope is not as trigger happy and sacks Jose :(

Very disappointed with a draw for the blues today , I thought we did enough to take all 3 points , Liverpool came for a point and got a point , maybe if the ref had done his job we would have played against 10 for 30 mins of the game . Shocked at the Arsenal v Utd result , 3 without reply

everton where a disgrace today , every single player not worth a mention , made a very average team look world class . dissapointing performace for howard kendalls tribute

everton where a disgrace today , every single player not worth a mention , made a very average team look world class . dissapointing performace for howard kendalls tribute

Could be worse mate - you could be a Villa fan ;)

Although I thought we were the better team today. Rubbish ref, Guzan giving out early Xmas gifts and Stamford Bridge was a Library until 60 mins gone.

0-0 game all day long minus a shameful keeper error and a very fortunate deflection.

If we don't win at home against Swansea, Sherwood will be gone. Out of his depth, just like the men in suits running the club at board level.

Could be worse mate - you could be a Villa fan ;)

Although I thought we were the better team today. Rubbish ref, Guzan giving out early Xmas gifts and Stamford Bridge was a Library until 60 mins gone.

0-0 game all day long minus a shameful keeper error and a very fortunate deflection.

If we don't win at home against Swansea, Sherwood will be gone. Out of his depth, just like the men in suits running the club at board level.

well paul these so called big teams do get the decisions even when their managers cry and say they dont