The Footy Megathread!

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Well we keep finding more and more fans, garlad you are just adding to the group. So let's keep all football related content in this thread since we are small group of fans who actually follow we can't make threads that only one person will reply. Anyways Scott, Baliey, Dattebayo and myself all follow pro football. The same people in addition to Bravesfan and jrocca have/play FIFA09.

To answer your question from the other thread, yes I do follow. I don't have a particular team in the EPL, but I enjoy watching the games. However I am liking Liverpool this year, I think if they don't win it now they won't in a long time! they are finally reaching that talent threshold and it's their time! Torres is in a fantastic level and Benitez is having no issues with players so what else can I say? ManU is finally losing grip. Chelsea is a mess I think, they keep buying players and more players that bring a huge ego and that's why the teams is so inconsistent! the egos that team has will not let them find their rhythm. Arsenal has a relatively young team that will only get better and I keep reading everywhere that they might lose Fabregas this next summer....

I used to watch plenty of the Spanish league, but I lost GolTV which used to show all the games every weekend. Fox Sports channel now shows the EPL and the Serie A Italian league which is not bad, but not the same.

Last edited:
Ahh no worries Flash,good to see a reply in this thread.

I always thought he would and he may still do but after today I know most have had enough,it's time he went.
The results are shocking and the performances aren't much better,we need a change.

Fair play to Chelsea today,good result against a poor Newcastle side...which we couldn't beat out of two attempts this season....say's it all really.

Hi Flash,good to speak to you again and see some action in this thread.

Unfortunately I think he will be in charge for a bit yet,I know the majority including myself have had enough but the powers that be are willing to hang on to him.

It's time for change,simple as that,I am fed up with it all to be honest with you,great club run by morons.

Anyway,congrats on your win,Newcastle are crap but that's a team who we couldn't beat in two attempts,tells you something doesn't it?

Ahh no worries Flash,good to see a reply in this thread.

I always thought he would and he may still do but after today I know most have had enough,it's time he went.
The results are shocking and the performances aren't much better,we need a change.

Fair play to Chelsea today,good result against a poor Newcastle side...which we couldn't beat out of two attempts this season....say's it all really.

I know it's been a funny ol' season. I still can't believe we won the title in May and lost our manager and are like 12th by Feb :(

I was watching the man Utd game and the commentor said a phrase I have said many times and I agree with completely.

"...there's too many people playing for Manchester United that aren't Manchester United players..."

John O Shea a quality defender tossed aside by Utd and stuck with the likes of Chris Smalling (awful player)

Yeah it's hard to argue at the moment but I was happy with our buys but most of the players we bought have not performed at all.

I agree John O'Shea isn't a bad player at all but we tried to beyond him,if Smalling and Jones were a proper partnership then that would be great but the latter is always injured and I think O'Shea right now would be an addition to us but there you go.

LvG and Ed Woodward out and take it from there.

Reactions: Flash
Yeah it's hard to argue at the moment but I was happy with our buys but most of the players we bought have not performed at all.

I agree John O'Shea isn't a bad player at all but we tried to beyond him,if Smalling and Jones were a proper partnership then that would be great but the latter is always injured and I think O'Shea right now would be an addition to us but there you go.

LvG and Ed Woodward out and take it from there.

I agree I think Woodward is the big problem, David Gill he is not. I have to disagree though I think the buys have been overpriced pre- madonnas, a combination of terrible choices by Moyes and then continued by LVG, I mean come on Man Utd's illustrious history, how the hell did Fellani get to ever play for Utd?

It's no different at Chelsea we have needed a consistent striker for years and despite being a billionaire Roman has bought **** all

I agree I think Woodward is the big problem, David Gill he is not. I have to disagree though I think the buys have been overpriced pre- madonnas, a combination of terrible choices by Moyes and then continued by LVG, I mean come on Man Utd's illustrious history, how the hell did Fellani get to ever play for Utd?

It's no different at Chelsea we have needed a consistent striker for years and despite being a billionaire Roman has bought **** all

O,Fellani is unacceptable,that was Moyes's player,after him then I don't.... or at least didn't have a problem with the likes of Schneiderlin,Martial,Schweinsteiger and Herrera,Rojo I knew nothing about Blind is nothing but a squad player but there is quality there,most just haven't showed it.

Yeah your right,Gill was great and Woodward is incompetent.

and O Fellani isn't claiming to be Irish by the way....just how I started that reply.:)

O,Fellani is unacceptable,that was Moyes's player,after him then I don't.... or at least didn't have a problem with the likes of Schneiderlin,Martial,Schweinsteiger and Herrera,Rojo I knew nothing about Blind is nothing but a squad player but there is quality there,most just haven't showed it.

Yeah your right,Gill was great and Woodward is incompetent.

and O Fellani isn't claiming to be Irish by the way....just how I started that reply.:)

Lol I just guessed it was a long pause I imagine you saying "...oh...Fellani..." Lol

I have to disagree Martial is a ripoff , SSchweinsteiger was brilliant at Bayern he's a ghost of his former self at Utd and don't even get me started on Rojo or Mata, they are not the quality of Utd players and I say that as a Chelsea fan

Reactions: EdNorton
AR
Lol I just guessed it was a long pause I imagine you saying "...oh...Fellani..." Lol

I have to disagree Martial is a ripoff , SSchweinsteiger was brilliant at Bayern he's a ghost of his former self at Utd and don't even get me started on Rojo or Mata, they are not the quality of Utd players and I say that as a Chelsea fan[/QUOTE

Yes I should

I have to disagree Martial is a ripoff , SSchweinsteiger was brilliant at Bayern he's a ghost of his former self at Utd and don't even get me started on Rojo or Mata, they are not the quality of Utd players and I say that as a Chelsea fan

Yes I should have added an 'h' to the 'o'.....ha,there's a child's song or rap in there somewhere....damn it's time I went to bed,ha.

After de Gea and Smalling Martial has been our best player and this is a young man who has arrived with a massive price tag and has settled in straight away making a difference.....I dread to see how we would be going forward without him to be honest with you.

AR

Yes I should have added an 'h' to the 'o'.....ha,there's a child's song or rap in there somewhere....damn it's time I went to bed,ha.

After de Gea and Smalling Martial has been our best player and this is a young man who has arrived with a massive price tag and has settled in straight away making a difference.....I dread to see how we would be going forward without him to be honest with you.

That is worrying you feel that way lol things must be bad

The complaints about the old fergie team they would wipe the floor with this 'utd'

That is worrying you feel that way lol

The complaints the old fergie team get they would wipe the floor with this 'utd'

But it's true Flash,who else is a real threat?not Rooney,his time at the club should be up at the end of the season.

I think an old Barnsley team would rip the current team apart...why Barnsley?.....first team that came into my head...

I am going to bed,I'm shattered but I'll be glad to pick the conversation up tomorrow with you....and do please keep the craic going on in this thread.:thumbs:

Nite!

But it's true Flash,who else is a real threat?not Rooney,his time at the club should be up at the end of the season.

I think an old Barnsley team would rip the current team apart...why Barnsley?.....first team that came into my head...

I am going to bed,I'm shattered but I'll be glad to pick the conversation up tomorrow with you....and do please keep the craic going on in this thread.:thumbs:

Nite!

Lol yes I do enjoy a footie debate, tag me when your back on :)

good night :)

Reactions: EdNorton
Very happy with our(Man Utd) performance last night,considering the injuries we had and going 1-0 down,we showed good spirt and the young players really showed some class,yes the Danish side aren't the best in the world but they have had some decent wins this season...including beating us last week of course.

Back to the bread and butter of the Premier League this weekend and we have a little game on Sunday against Arsenal,bit worried about that one,I hope de Gea is back from injury for a start.

The League Cup Final follows our match....Liverpool v Man City....how on earth can I even pick who I want to win there?
The two teams should be told not to travel and just throw the cup in the Thames.:smuggrin:

Very happy with our(Man Utd) performance last night,considering the injuries we had and going 1-0 down,we showed good spirt and the young players really showed some class,yes the Danish side aren't the best in the world but they have had some decent wins this season...including beating us last week of course.

Back to the bread and butter of the Premier League this weekend and we have a little game on Sunday against Arsenal,bit worried about that one,I hope de Gea is back from injury for a start.

The League Cup Final follows our match....Liverpool v Man City....how on earth can I even pick who I want to win there?
The two teams should be told not to travel and just throw the cup in the Thames.:smuggrin:

Definitely Liverpool I pick anyone over Man City and I mean anyone lol

Get in there!!! I can't tell you how happy I am with that result today....and it's nothing to do with the whiskey I am having celebrating.:p

Delighted with how we performed,especially given the injuries and the team that started and finished....big shout out to all the youngsters but Rashford deserves a special mention....another two goals,two games,four goals in a few days in the first team....he must be walking on cloud nine.

Hopefully we can push on from here.

Glad to see City(for what it pains me)beating the scousers in the cup final.

And did anyone see LvG's fall?classic,I couldn't stop laughing,not sure how many times I have watched it now.

Last edited:
Get in there!!! I can't tell you how happy I am with that result today....and it's nothing to do with the whiskey I am having celebrating.:p

Delighted with how we performed,especially given the injuries and the team that started and finished....big shout out to all the youngsters but Rashford deserves a special mention....another two goals,two games,four goals in a few days in the first team....he must be walking on cloud nine.

Hopefully we can push on from here.

Glad to see City(for what it pains me)beating the scousers in the cup final.

And did anyone see LvG's fall?classic,I couldn't stop laughing,not sure how many times I have watched it now.

It was epic fail on Liverpools part they are usually so good at penalties and they were some of the worst ever and then today they beat city 3-0 what's the ***** when it mattered to actually win a trophy they blow it, I hate City and was disgusted they won again. :mad:

The league is a funny one at the moment with Lecister drawing, Arsenal and Tottenham losing what is going on lol

But my poor Chelsea are up to 8th :bored: I still can't believe we won the title in May and now I'm happy we are even in top half of the table lol

It was epic fail on Liverpools part they are usually so good at penalties and they were some of the worst ever and then today they beat city 3-0 what's the ***** when it mattered to actually win a trophy they blow it, I hate City and was disgusted they won again. :mad:

The league is a funny one at the moment with Lecister drawing, Arsenal and Tottenham losing what is going on lol

But my poor Chelsea are up to 8th :bored: I still can't believe we won the title in May and now I'm happy we are even in top half of the table lol

Your right,when it went to pens apart from City having a big keeper in goal in Carbonara(that's what I call him)I thought to myself Liverpool don't lose too often in shoot outs....it was the lesser of two evils for me,it's not a big cup for the noisy neighbours to win but I was a bit worried it might do the Scousers a good turn and push them on.

The league and season has been a funny one indeed with a lot more twists and turns no doubt,we are now level with City albeit with a game more played but it should be a very interesting end to the season.

Chelsea are moving up the league,would you be happy to finish in a Europa League place Flash?

We scrapped a win last night,great goal by Mata and some decisive saves from DdG when it mattered,massive three points from us in a game where we may have got none,tough away game on Sunday for us at WBA so fingers crossed our winning run continues,nothing less at the moment is much good to us.

I got tickets to our second round EL game against Liverpool so can't wait for that.

Last edited:
Your right,when it went to pens apart from City having a big keeper in goal in Carbonara(that's what I call him)I thought to myself Liverpool don't lose too often in shoot outs....it was the lesser of two evils for me,it's not a big cup for the noisy neighbours to win but I was a bit worried it might do the Scousers a good turn and push them on.

The league and season has been a funny one indeed with a lot more twists and turns no doubt,we are now level with City albeit with a game more played but it should be a very interesting end to the season.

Chelsea are moving up the league,would you be happy to finish in a Europa League place Flash?

We scrapped a win last night,great goal by Mata and some decisive saves from DdG when it mattered,massive three points from us in a game where we may have got none,tough away game on Sunday for us at WBA so fingers crossed our winning run continues,nothing less at the moment is much good to us.

I got tickets to our second round EL game against Liverpool so can't wait for that.

Cool those tickets must have been a pretty penny as they say? Hope it's a good game for you :)

Sadly yes I'd be happy enough with a Europa place better than nothing considering few weeks ago we were in the relegation zone. :( lol

Cool those tickets must have been a pretty penny as they say? Hope it's a good game for you :)

Sadly yes I'd be happy enough with a Europa place better than nothing considering few weeks ago we were in the relegation zone. :( lol

The tickets were actually the cheapest I've paid for a Utd game in years believe it or not,it is Liverpool but in the Europa League the prices have well and truly dropped,return flights,one nights accommodation and match ticket cost me £227 all in,very happy with that......the drink,now that may double the cost of the trip...lol.

It's took me from Thurs night until now to get my head around our performance against Liverpool....shocking is an understatement.
Anyway...what a week ahead....West Ham today in the cup,Liverpool next Thurs again,a match I will be at and then City next Sun.....going on last weeks showing,am I confident we can get anything out of those games?not really but I live in hope......and part of being hopeful is that waste of space,useless baboon of a manager is gone come the summer.