The Footy Megathread!

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Well we keep finding more and more fans, garlad you are just adding to the group. So let's keep all football related content in this thread since we are small group of fans who actually follow we can't make threads that only one person will reply. Anyways Scott, Baliey, Dattebayo and myself all follow pro football. The same people in addition to Bravesfan and jrocca have/play FIFA09.

To answer your question from the other thread, yes I do follow. I don't have a particular team in the EPL, but I enjoy watching the games. However I am liking Liverpool this year, I think if they don't win it now they won't in a long time! they are finally reaching that talent threshold and it's their time! Torres is in a fantastic level and Benitez is having no issues with players so what else can I say? ManU is finally losing grip. Chelsea is a mess I think, they keep buying players and more players that bring a huge ego and that's why the teams is so inconsistent! the egos that team has will not let them find their rhythm. Arsenal has a relatively young team that will only get better and I keep reading everywhere that they might lose Fabregas this next summer....

I used to watch plenty of the Spanish league, but I lost GolTV which used to show all the games every weekend. Fox Sports channel now shows the EPL and the Serie A Italian league which is not bad, but not the same.

Last edited:
Gonna be enjoying the mad premier league holiday schedule. Loving the Cinderella Leicester run ( Vardy...Mahrez....Ranieri are amazing ) but ultimately rooting for the gunners.

Chelsea and United at crossroads. Where will Mourinho land next? City crumbling without Kompany.....Will Villa come up with a great escape... so many stories.

New comer to the site,glad to be here,I'm only beginning to navigate my way around here but just found this thread which I'll be happy contributing to.
I am a Man Utd fan(waits for the stick)the last week for us has been an improvement,not hard to do I know,hopefully we can beat Chelsea on Sunday and get three vital points for the top four chase.

Reactions: Flash
New comer to the site,glad to be here,I'm only beginning to navigate my way around here but just found this thread which I'll be happy contributing to.
I am a Man Utd fan(waits for the stick)the last week for us has been an improvement,not hard to do I know,hopefully we can beat Chelsea on Sunday and get three vital points for the top four chase.

Welcome to this footie part :)

I'm afraid I'm a Chelsea fan so I am hoping for the opposite result but we are having a stinker this season so you will probably beat us :(

Reactions: EdNorton
Welcome to this footie part :)

I'm afraid I'm a Chelsea fan so I am hoping for the opposite result but we are having a stinker this season so you will probably beat us :(

Hi Flash...thanx!

Yes you's are:p unbelievable really,Chelsea and Leicester where they are...no one predicted that.

I think it'll be a draw,an entertaining one but a draw none the less.

I like your avatar by the way,I have got into UFC this last year and McGregor is a cracking fighter.

Hi Flash...thanx!

Yes you's are:p unbelievable really,Chelsea and Leicester where they are...no one predicted that.

I think it'll be a draw,an entertaining one but a draw none the less.

I like your avatar by the way,I have got into UFC this last year and McGregor is a cracking fighter.

Cool :)

I've been a UFC fan for many years (yes I'm a girl who love football and UFC) lol

but yes Conor is something special that only comes along very rarely. I hope he can manage to win at the bigger weight-class it is quite a lot to do, we shall see but his earlier fights have been amazing, he's also a very funny guy.

Cool :)

I've been a UFC fan for many years (yes I'm a girl who love football and UFC) lol

but yes Conor is something special that only comes along very rarely. I hope he can manage to win at the bigger weight-class it is quite a lot to do, we shall see but his earlier fights have been amazing, he's also a very funny guy.

Cool to know,I think maybe we wrongly assume we are chatting to guys on these forums so glad you told me that.
That Ronda Rousey fight,or should I say Holly Holm fight was unbelievable,I'll have to get to one at some stage,have you been?

Back on topic before the newbie gets into trouble......what did you make of Mourhino's sacking?

Cool to know,I think maybe we wrongly assume we are chatting to guys on these forums so glad you told me that.
That Ronda Rousey fight,or should I say Holly Holm fight was unbelievable,I'll have to get to one at some stage,have you been?

Back on topic before the newbie gets into trouble......what did you make of Mourhino's sacking?

You won't get into trouble in here there is a lot of random chat lol

I am a huge Ronda fan and I still think that match was fixed and badly.

Anyway as you say back on topic. I was gutted was huge Jose fan really sad to see him go. I think some people at the top didn't like him and wanted him gone and I don't mean Roman and I think the same people are pushing John out :(

You won't get into trouble in here there is a lot of random chat lol

I am a huge Ronda fan and I still think that match was fixed and badly.

Anyway as you say back on topic. I was gutted was huge Jose fan really sad to see him go. I think some people at the top didn't like him and wanted him gone and I don't mean Roman and I think the same people are pushing John out :(

I think all Chelsea fans were,something wasn't right,results aside,the Terry thing is strange,I don't know how or why these things are leaked now.
He has been a great servant but so was Scholes at Utd,has Terry another top season in him?maybe Chelsea have a replacement lined up(Stones,I hope we get him) and keeping him at this time serves little purpose.

I think all Chelsea fans were,something wasn't right,results aside,the Terry thing is strange,I don't know how or why these things are leaked now.
He has been a great servant but so was Scholes at Utd,has Terry another top season in him?maybe Chelsea have a replacement lined up(Stones,I hope we get him) and keeping him at this time serves little purpose.

I think he had another season in him and then get his wish to retire at Chelsea but as you say sadly many clubs mistreat people who have given everything for the club.

I think Man Utd particularly mistreated many great guys who had given a lot for the club as you say Scholes but also Vidic, Rio, RVP, Darren Fletcher and in my opinion got rid of a number of great youngsters in place of people who in years gone by would never have got playing for Utd they are not the class of players past at Utd. Fergies loss was huge but of course difficult to go after the best manager ever. I think the next choice of manager is important if it was me I would give Giggs a go, he would get the fans back on side and he is the closest thing to Utd that Fergie was. Who you thinking?

:wow: :wow: :wow:

Capture - Maurino.PNG

I think he had another season in him and then get his wish to retire at Chelsea but as you say sadly many clubs mistreat people who have given everything for the club.

I think Man Utd particularly mistreated many great guys who had given a lot for the club as you say Scholes but also Vidic, Rio, RVP, Darren Fletcher and in my opinion got rid of a number of great youngsters in place of people who in years gone by would never have got playing for Utd they are not the class of players past at Utd. Fergies loss was huge but of course difficult to go after the best manager ever. I think the next choice of manager is important if it was me I would give Giggs a go, he would get the fans back on side and he is the closest thing to Utd that Fergie was. Who you thinking?

I don't think those players were mistreated,they were basically all at the end of their careers.....moving on is just part of football,Scholes was brought in by Giggs when he was in temporary charge and the door I'm sure would be open again if he were to take over.RvP only had one good season but he arrived because Fergie told him he had no plans on retiring and when he went so did RvP's form.

I think Pochettino should take over,I rate him highly and his teams play good football,Mourhino's don't and I'm not sure he is wanted by some of the hierarchy at OT,I know Bobby Charlton is not a fan,Jose is all about him....he's a man who thinks he is bigger than the club,that just won't wash at Utd,he brings bad attention towards the clubs and for all his achievements I hope he doesn't get the job.
I don't think he'd have even stood a chance had we acumalated a few more points than what we have now.
Utd will stick with Van Gaal until the end of the season and who knows what might happen then,it all depends on where we finish and our style of play for the remainder of the season.
It's not impossible to think we could still end up with two trophies.

As for Giggs,I love him,he is a legend but is a massive ask to step into that job,I mean Van Gaal has struggled with all his experience,I would like to have seen him go elsewhere and see how he got on,poor Gary Neville came across as he would make a great manager and he still may do but his lack of experience is costing him in Spain.

This thread isn't moving along like I hoped,come on folks,am I going to chat with myself here?:wacky:

Big game for us in the early kick off today,must win,simple as that,as are most from here on in but given the fixtures of the teams above us,this is our chance to start the claw back.

This thread isn't moving along like I hoped,come on folks,am I going to chat with myself here?:wacky:

Big game for us in the early kick off today,must win,simple as that,as are most from here on in but given the fixtures of the teams above us,this is our chance to start the claw back.

Hey sorry about poor result today

Do you think LVG will see out the season?

I don't know who put the good batteries in Chelsea today finally good result