Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: December, 2013
Price: $110 via GB
Notes:
- Limited 2000 total, 1000 for clear slip and 1000 for Hollow slip
- No debossed or embossed design. mix of matte and gloss finish.
- 4 discs set
- Goodies (Photobook, Postcards x6, Godfather playing card)

01.jpg

02.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg

SLIPCASES:
Two version of slipcase: Black slip and Gold slip.
10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg

Full packages:
godfather-black2-all.JPG godfather-gold-all.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad the gift set isn't until next year. Need time to save between all these November and December releases.

Preorder on Blufans starts on Monday 3pm CST. Price CN486. Black edition numbers start from 011. Gold edition numbers start from 1001. CE edition has some approval issues and won't be released this year.

Where is the number 001 - 010 :naughty:

No problem, I'm ok with No. 11 for Blufans Exclusive No. 11. :)

Edit: One question: If pre-order starts for Blufans on Monday, does that mean GB, too?

Last edited:
global exclusive artwork :hilarious:

this artwork has been used a million times on box sets and even steelbooks, so ???

its as plain as the playcom release but matte & not embossed..

boring art, where's the imagination ?

global exclusive artwork :hilarious:

this artwork has been used a million times on box sets and even steelbooks, so ???

its as plain as the playcom release but matte & not embossed..

did I mention there is no way you can't change the Godfather trilogy design in Asia? You have to take what they give or do nothing. What do you guys prefer?

Reactions: mlmaier84
No doubt all those who were hating on Zavvi's matt black steelbooks will be first in the queue for this :rolleyes:

you know, if you're a *true* collector you'll pay any price for any quality from any asian retailer and its automatically "the version to get"

highly reasonable

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

did I mention there is no way you can't change the Godfather trilogy design in Asia? You have to take what they give or do nothing. What do you guys prefer?

Alright, but how is this worldwide exclusive artwork ? Because.. you know.. it's not

Reactions: snooloui
Alright, but how is this worldwide exclusive artwork ? Because.. you know.. it's not

In the beginning Blufans is trying to get the WEA art. Obviously it didn't go as the way we all wished. Secondly the inside and out arts are never appear in any bluray steelbook format and in this case you have to say it is the first. Lastly please ask OP to change the wording if you have a particluar problem with that.

Two version of slipcase: Black slip and Gold slip. slip in slip?

These do look pretty cool Kevin.

It seems that the 1st option is the steel going into a black slip which then goes into a clear slip which has coloured wording and graphics to stand out on the black inner slip.

Then the second option is a gold slip which goes into the black slip with either cut out or clear lettering so that the gold shows through there.

Sounds like a bit of effort is going into it so I'm intrigued. I'm obviously in for 1 of each regardless, but I can't help but appreciate the time and work that goes into these Blufans releases.

No need to keep grilling him over this, he's only trying to help us all out by providing information. If you don't like the art then don't buy it, if you do then do buy it. Or vice versa.

Lastly please ask OP to change the wording if you have a particular problem with that.

The official 'piss & moan club' members will always turn up to the party and try to blow out the candles :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know when there or if there will be a GB for this
I know it's not in the OP..
Just asking
I think it's very nice indeed..I own the so called "Plain" play version but I do like the slip on this..

To each their own!

Myself personally, I'm a big fan of anything Blufans puts together. So I'm pretty sure by the time this comes out, it'll be an awesome package and won't at all regret getting one of these (assuming I can get one :D )

Yeah, on every BF thread there's lots of moaning BEFORE in hand copies...The final package never disappoints IMO :thumbs:

PREACH, KEVIN...PREACH!!!

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

I think the design is PERFECT! Simple...Classy...almost understated. This is what it SHOULD look like IMO. There are TOO MANY scenes from the actual movies to only pick one for cover art (or even just one from each movie). Its got the iconic hand holding the puppet strings and what looks like a debossed blood spatter across the front...PERFECTION!!! I for one am stoked for this release! "1 of each to the US please!!!"