snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 7th, 2013
Purchase link: The Goonies
Price: £14.99
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook with gloss finish and embossed title treatment. This product is limited to 4000 units.

10824069-1374251540-325456.jpg

10824069-1374251540-325447.jpg

10824069-1371228843-93268.jpg

10824069-1371228843-93242.jpg

In-hand pics (Thanks to cooey)
uhehaga3.jpg

buju3uma.jpg

ra8uneqy.jpg

uvyby8ah.jpg

Attachments

• goonies.png
    goonies.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 621
Last edited by a moderator:
This is the best catalogue release since Natural Born Killers! :p

It's a shame that Warner seem to be using matte finishes again. They had a good thing going here :(

thought it was 4000

Thanks for pointing that out and Apologies guys for my mistake, it is 4000.. don't know why 5000 was in my head. This really is a great steel. Like others have said, one of the best lately for catalogue releases. . Personally this is now one of my favourite steels, and outta all my fav steels it was one of the cheapest paid out, I couldn't be happier. Hopefully zavvi will put another money off code up so people can get it a bit cheaper. :scat:

I can't put my finger on it, but I'm not overly impressed with the finish, but I ca get passed that as I love The Goonies

I cancelled this as I had to much to buy this month.
I wish I had kept my order it looks great.
It is a pity that we do not see the proper artwork before release.

I hope it does not sell out.

I love the inside art they chose. Fits perfectly and it's very clear - unlike in some steelbooks where it can sometimes look very dull or washed out.

Reactions: alvinhwang21
These in hand pics have just got my ass in gear. Order placed. :D

There is no way I'm patient enough to wait for a possible price drop. Though if Evil Dead is anything to go by, we may not have that long to wait.

Love the inside artwork, same as the 25th Anniversary box set. The very same artwork that had me very interested in the JP version, until I saw the in hand shots of it's rather dull matte finish.

I'm trying to slow my purchases down, but I'm not making a very good job of it. :naughty:

This is one nice looking steelbook. I'm so glad I decided to keep my order for it. I was really close to cancelling this and a few others. Looking forward to getting this. Might be awhile longer since I live in the States, but looks like it'll be worth the wait. :D

Reactions: A Space Odyssey