snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 7th, 2013
Purchase link: The Goonies
Price: £14.99
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook with gloss finish and embossed title treatment. This product is limited to 4000 units.

10824069-1374251540-325456.jpg

10824069-1374251540-325447.jpg

10824069-1371228843-93268.jpg

10824069-1371228843-93242.jpg

In-hand pics (Thanks to cooey)
uhehaga3.jpg

buju3uma.jpg

ra8uneqy.jpg

uvyby8ah.jpg

Attachments

• goonies.png
    goonies.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 619
Last edited by a moderator:
WOW. That looks amazing. That glossy finish, the color, the embossing, the design...I wasn't really impressed with the mockup but it looks so much better in hand!

I decided to order
I had originally cancelled but after seeing unboxing video I had to get this
It's a surprise was not expecting this
It's a fantastic looking Steelbook
I was considering waiting for a price drop
But I think this will sell out quicker now after others see how good it looks

Looking forward to getting this
Good to see quality high gloss Steelbook

Last edited:
Posted last Friday with 3 other steelies , all 3 turn up Tuesday but no sign of the 4th one Goonies ... just about had enough of Zavvi customer service now as got to wait 14 days before replacement :angry:

All future steelbooks that are available elsewhere will get my business from now on.

Posted last Friday with 3 other steelies , all 3 turn up Tuesday but no sign of the 4th one Goonies ... just about had enough of Zavvi customer service now as got to wait 14 days before replacement :angry:

All future steelbooks that are available elsewhere will get my business from now on.

All mine were dispatched last week too and NONE of them have turned up yet :(

You don't realise how good you have it in the UK!

It's most likely going slowly through the mail system, as you said yourself "posted last Friday" what happens after that point is hardly zavvis fault. I'm still waiting for mine too and I have received other steels that were also posted last Friday. Just not sure why all the hate here really unnecessary. When it does arrive I know I'm going to love it. The waiting game is the worst part but good things come to those who wait.

Don't want to wait to long though come on postie

:angry:

I'm almost on the verge of cutting Zavvi loose for good. I'm getting so tired of this garbage......

Zavvi.JPG

On top of this, their god awful customer service is like rubbing salt into the wound.:(

Reactions: lolwut
:angry:

I'm almost on the verge of cutting Zavvi loose for good. I'm getting so tired of this garbage......

On top of this, their god awful customer service is like rubbing salt into the wound.:(

I feel for you mate. Funny how such a small thing causes such a huge amount of stress and hassle, something as well which can be easily avoided. Absolute BS on Zavvis behalf.

Reactions: stephen3001
Sorry to see the damage Stephen. These spine slashes look like they been done with an engineers square! They're so straight and precise and nearly always smack bang in the middle of the spine. wtf at this on going crap please step away from the knife :shoot:

Reactions: stephen3001
Cheers Andy, Kron and Flip. That post put a smile on my face Flip :thumbs:

My last 3 steels from Zavvi have all had spine slashes now. It takes me about 1 second to spot this damage, so why do they keep sending these out. It just says to me, they don't give a damn.

Reactions: Andy CYP and Flip
Yeah it sucks. I had a spate of bad luck with steels for a while. Then it went well for a while until recently when 50% of 6 have had some defect or another. And when the damage is so obvious it is really frustrating they can't see this stuff (or don't give a flying toss about it) before sending it out.

The actual pictures of this steelbook are awesome! It looks like this is one of the "better" Zavvi exclusives; nice artwork, and nice design!