snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 7th, 2013
Purchase link: The Goonies
Price: £14.99
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook with gloss finish and embossed title treatment. This product is limited to 4000 units.

10824069-1374251540-325456.jpg

10824069-1374251540-325447.jpg

10824069-1371228843-93268.jpg

10824069-1371228843-93242.jpg

In-hand pics (Thanks to cooey)
uhehaga3.jpg

buju3uma.jpg

ra8uneqy.jpg

uvyby8ah.jpg

Attachments

• goonies.png
    goonies.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 618
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

Can someone help me out. Wondering if my version is dented. I wasn't overly impressed by it in general so was quite negative to start with, but when I noticed it again, the letters appeared slightly pressed in on the embossed Font. Most noticeable in the photo from the letter N. I can't work out if it's just me being anal but I wonder if your versions look the same from this angle? It's less noticeable when standing the steelbook up.

Sorry for my OCD!

Attachments

• help1.jpg
    help1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 107
  • help2.jpg
    help2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Reactions: peajay
Has anyone ever contacted Zavvi with information on HOW they are slashing the spines by opening the master case packs? Maybe a pictured EXAMPLE on how they are digging into the boxes too far with their box openers.

Any idea if this is any close to selling out or are we awaiting a £5.99 for this?

well just checked on play on there zavvi outlet up the basket to 999 and if is under that will tell you how many are left.

it says 97 just ordered mine from zavvi so is 96 this will be gone soon bear in mind was a 4000.

selling at a reasonable rate.

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: apsmith21
Has anyone ever contacted Zavvi with information on HOW they are slashing the spines by opening the master case packs? Maybe a pictured EXAMPLE on how they are digging into the boxes too far with their box openers.

db started an entire thread for this very issue, during the Jungle Book fiasco. All the feedback was passed back to Zavvi. They clearly haven't eradicated the issue though.

I received a spine slashed copy of the Goonies. Which I returned for a replacement, only to get a refund. The exact opposite of what happened when I tried to get a refund for The Jungle Book and got a replacement.
fp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This steelbook looks amazing in hand and the colors inside ads so vibrant even through the steelbook plastic

Hi guys,

Can someone help me out. Wondering if my version is dented. I wasn't overly impressed by it in general so was quite negative to start with, but when I noticed it again, the letters appeared slightly pressed in on the embossed Font. Most noticeable in the photo from the letter N. I can't work out if it's just me being anal but I wonder if your versions look the same from this angle? It's less noticeable when standing the steelbook up.

Sorry for my OCD!

A tight shrink wrap will cause embossing & debossing to pop in weird ways.

If you press that section in wih your thumb (gently) does it bounce back or stay that way?

Reactions: SteelbookGuy
So I've just opened my copy and noticed the steelbook casing feels limp in comparison to what I would expect from a Steelbook. I don't think I have any gloss cases so is this something considerably noticeable for you guys?

I've also tried the From Dusk Till Dawn Zavvi Exclusive in comparison and it feels considerably light too, but this goes all the way back. It feels like there is hardly any tension when opening the case.

I've noticed in a lot of the reviews and photos people will take snaps of a case fully spread showing both the front and back. I was always a tad on the ocd side so thought I'd only ever open them half way so they don't break. Although this title feels loose it does actually clasp into place. Is this to be expected with glossy SB's in comparison to others? I.e. Drive HMV Exclusive feels solid compared to the Goonies? Have I got another crap copy?

I already had the Amaray, but when the Steelbook arrived I watched it again, and enjoyed it more than I have in years. The magic of Steelbooks, or was I just in a good mood? Beautiful Steelbook anyway.