The Hateful Eight (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Blu Collection) (KimchiDVD Exclusive No.42) [Korea]

Futurhythm

Premium Supporter
May 16, 2013
In Technicolor
Release date: September 30, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip OST - Full Slip - Lenti - One Click
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip Type A or Lenti Type B) - $34.99 (Full Slip Type C) - $118 (One Click)
HDN Group Buys: hosted by Cooey - hosted by Kaka1888

FS 1.jpg FS 2.jpg Lenti.jpg

Scanavo Slipcase thread HERE

Steelbook Fullslip + OST Limited Edition (A) : 1,800 copies (USD41.99)
Steelbook Lenticular + OST Limited Edition (B) : 1,250 copies(USD41.99)
Steelbook Fullslip Limited Edition (C) : 1,000 copies (USD34.99)
One Click ($118.00)
OneF.jpg
1.jpg 3.jpg 2.JPG
1.jpg
993853_523205094527243_2558843538489062092_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the OC (Lenti Slip for a friend, Full Slips for me). It's a surprise (to me) that the Lenti Slip sold out first - and that only well after an hour after going live. It wouldn't have been hard to order the editions separately, but you never know beforehand which release creates greater interest (e.g.: Spotlight).

Don't forget to consider that the Lenti is 1250 print run vs 1800 Full Slip A.

But then again I thought Full Slip A was the first to be sold out as well, followed by Lenti, and what appears to the unpopular Full Slip C.
Sometimes the Unpopular one can turn out to be the nicest one, e.g Captain America KimchiDVD Full Slip A proved very unpopular from the group buy and that turned out to be the one everyone now wants. Okay it sold out straight away on direct pre order but it was there for the taking for quite a few days in the GB :thumbs:

Sometimes the Unpopular one can turn out to be the nicest one, e.g Captain America KimchiDVD Full Slip A proved very unpopular from the group buy and that turned out to be the one everyone now wants. Okay it sold out straight away on direct pre order but it was there for the taking for quite a few days in the GB :thumbs:

I never did comment on the quality my friend, purely making an observation that it 'appears' to be unpopular as it is still available. I will make a professional judgement when I have all 3 side by side.

I never did comment on the quality my friend, purely making an observation that it 'appears' to be unpopular as it is still available. I will make a professional judgement when I have all 3 side by side.
It's (Full Slip C) now SOLD OUT too :)

Also to add CA A1 sold out instantly on the live pre-order, never returned for cancellations and where as the unpopular Hateful 8 Fullslip is still available. But we will see those that ordered both including me can opinionate which is better.

Edit - now sold out with a print run of 1000 vs 1800 for Full Slip A

Ordered Fullslip with OST from th GB.But that lenti been tempting me ever since.And this morning i crumbled and bagged me one.I got a sneaky feeling all these editions are going to look good in hand:thumbs:

On Scanavo's site here there is in mention of embossing but the images from Kimchi show a definite border round the edges. It looks like it could just be glossy without any embossing.
You meant I gather scanavo not listing anything about embossing

The title will most likely will be embossed as it does show the usual border if that image is correct

You meant I gather scanavo not listing anything about embossing

The title will most likely will be embossed as it does show the usual border if that image is correct
Yeah it just shows a flat image and lists gloss in the finishes. No mention of any embossing, hopefully there is and it's just listed incorrectly.

Reactions: paulboland
Scanavo posted this on facebook
Better quality image than that's listed on their website

If this is actual photo then looks as if there is no embossing but scanavo often use mock up images that look like actual photos

FB_IMG_1473372927384.jpg

Kimchi Facebook
International Customers

The Qty for the Unpaid orders and cancellation orders will be re open at 12th Sep. 2016 18:00 (Korean Time).

If you have the order No.(as unpaid order) and you want to get...
send email to "[email protected]" with your order No. and paypal account until today.

otherwise... unpaid orders will be canceled without notice.

Thank you for your interesting in Hateful 8 Steelbook

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
can't believe I missed all of these... I'd be happy with any of them. I have the HMV one that I'm more than happy with but I have a soft spot for kimchi!

"This SteelBook® edition is covered in a glossy varnish and the metallic shine is used to create a great effect in the trees and snow of the artwork."

Source: Steelbook.com

So, this sounds quite like the effect of Ex Machina Mondo for me. Can't wait too see how this turns out!

Reactions: subbuteo