The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey (Extended Edition) (Blu-ray Slipbox + Cards) [Japan]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: November 13, 2013
Purchase link: Amazon.co.jp
Price: ¥ 5,799 ($60 US)
Notes: 5 discs, comes with a 64 pages booklet (The World of Hobbits) and a Gollum card.

Part of The Hobbit Trilogy collection from Amazon.co.jp
Unexpected Journey | Desolation of Smaug | Battle of the Five Armies

01.jpg 02.jpg
71-IPcbfzTL._AA1000_.jpg

71WXcyiOqDL._AA1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
oh man, really tempted to get this, looks like it'll go really nicely with my DVD extended edition sets

Is it safe to assume this will be a bit shorter than the DVD LOTR extended editions since it looks G2 in the picture

oh man, really tempted to get this, looks like it'll go really nicely with my DVD extended edition sets

Is it safe to assume this will be a bit shorter than the DVD LOTR extended editions since it looks G2 in the picture

It looks that way, the outer box looks the same size as the amaray case.

Sticking with my collectors edition from Japan. :D

This is just one :ass: ugly jumbo steel from WB....:p Plus it will no doubt have their standard cheap matte finish as seems to be the norm from them now. :movie:

Tooooooooo many nightmares still with the finish on the 2D Version they gave us last year.....

Last edited:
Sticking with my collectors edition from Japan. :D

This is just one :ass: ugly jumbo steel from WB....:p Plus it will no doubt have their standard cheap matte finish as seems to be standard from them now. :movie:

You got a link to the Japan set. I seemed to have missed that.

And as I posted in the Capt America thread,

I think that we all have to admit now that we'll have to get used to it. Matte dull finishes ARE the standard. No more gloss. Looks like theres a shortage of gloss or the gloss machine is broken.

Gloss appears to be available in short supply perhaps and at a premium which it seems studios dont want to do, so, matte is here to stay and rule the world

I think that we all have to admit now that we'll have to get used to it. Matte dull finishes ARE the standard. No more gloss. Looks like theres a shortage of gloss or the gloss machine is broken.

Gloss appears to be available in short supply perhaps and at a premium which it seems studios dont want to do, so, matte is here to stay and rule the world

As far as I guess, reason why matte and dull finish is popular for publisher nowdays ...

Scratch on the steelbook

Scanavo always recommend matte and dull finish, zero finish for resistance to publisher.

Maybe someone can comfirm that why many of publisher release matte and dull finish.

Sent from my SHV-E330S using Tapatalk

Reactions: ricster

I don't mind matte buddy as long as its of the quality that ES gave us for Star Trek....:thumbs: BUT I am done buying steelbooks from WB with their zero cheap finish. Much rather get a nice slipcover or collectors edition of the film than another crap finished WB Steel....:p

Link for Japan Collectors Edition.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/思いがけない冒険-エクステンデッド・エディション-Amazon-co-jp限定-映像特典ディスク付-Blu-ray/dp/B00E7L91YY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=ZCHHB3UWH5B7&coliid=I3GM991ME19QJJ

I don't mind matte buddy as long as its of the quality that ES gave us for Star Trek....:thumbs: BUT I am done buying steelbooks from WB with their zero cheap finish. Much rather get a nice slipcover or collectors edition of the film than another crap finished WB Steel....:p

Link for Japan Collectors Edition.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/思いがけない冒険-エクステンデッド・エディション-Amazon-co-jp限定-映像特典ディスク付-Blu-ray/dp/B00E7L91YY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=ZCHHB3UWH5B7&coliid=I3GM991ME19QJJ

That looks really cool. Looks like the artwork from the Spanish release (which I'm sure was a steel at one time). I went with the US release with figurine to match my LOTR sets.

I'm seriously considering cancelling this UK steel now and saving the cash for something else.

It is expensive ric. But as we know that's the norm for Japan, plus the quality will be superb with that edition and I don't mind paying for a bit of quality.....:D

This is the only edition I will be getting for The Hobbit. I do like the US edition though....Decisions, Decisions......:hilarious:

I copied the product description into google translate and it seems that this edition brings a 6th disc. Can anyone confirm this?

Marked as "Shipping Soon" on Amazon JP. Only a few more days :D

This is one I can't wait to get... Been holding out for the extended version, so this'll be my first time watching it :movie:

Marked as "Shipping Soon" on Amazon JP. Only a few more days :D

This is one I can't wait to get... Been holding out for the extended version, so this'll be my first time watching it :movie:

Please, let us know how many discs are included when you receive it. When I put the Amazon description in Google translate, it seemed to mention a bonus 6th disc.