Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 22, 2016
Purchase link: The Jungle Book (live)
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

11270347-1044412519595183.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
PO'd but with the emergence of 4K discs I'm going to start being more picky with my purchases from now on...

I'm on my way to see this! I'm excited! Lol and I pre ordered this with a nice 15% discount! I have noticed that when they have this coupons zavvi SPain have 1 pound more expensive than UK....

I might get this on the strength of the reviews alone, although we must be cautious considering the finish of a certain highly-anticipated movie that is due out on Monday.

PO'd but with the emergence of 4K discs I'm going to start being more picky with my purchases from now on...

I'm with you there, will be re-doing my dining room into a home cinema later this year and upgrading to a 4K Dolby Atmos system..

However I still want to be able to watch 3D movies and 4K discs only come with the 2D BluRay at the moment... what would be idea for me is the 4K disc and a 3D regular BluRay in one pack, but that will never happen!

So this having the 3D disc still makes it relevant, at least that's how I sell it to myself! :)

Anyone know what happens if I ordered Bedknobs & Broomsticks and Jungle Book and used the JUNGLEBOOK code (for 10% off ONLY on B&B), then later cancelled the Jungle Book steelbook?

I'm with you there, will be re-doing my dining room into a home cinema later this year and upgrading to a 4K Dolby Atmos system..

However I still want to be able to watch 3D movies and 4K discs only come with the 2D BluRay at the moment... what would be idea for me is the 4K disc and a 3D regular BluRay in one pack, but that will never happen!

So this having the 3D disc still makes it relevant, at least that's how I sell it to myself! :)

I don't really understand Dolby Atmos, I thought it was just like the new DTSHD but it isn't is it?

I don't really understand Dolby Atmos, I thought it was just like the new DTSHD but it isn't is it?

Way off topic, but it's basically 7.1 or 5.1 as normal but adding 2 or 4 ceiling speakers to basically envelope you in a bubble of sound from all directions.. Hence the setup is usually 5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1.2, or 7.1.4 or more in the middle number if you have more subwoofers.. the last number being the ceiling speakers, though you can cheat and get speakers that bounce off the ceiling but they don't work as well..

• Helpful Post
Reactions: tommyh84
Anyone know what happens if I ordered Bedknobs & Broomsticks and Jungle Book and used the JUNGLEBOOK code (for 10% off ONLY on B&B), then later cancelled the Jungle Book steelbook?

Going by what happened to me the system will NOT allow you to cancel JUNGLE BOOK if you've already had delivery of an in-stock steelbook as part of the promotion.

What happened to me, you may ask? Well, I ordered THE MISSION IMPOSSIBLE COLLECTION in a similar promotion with an in-stock steelbook ages before the MIC was due for release and when I tried to cancel the MIC a couple of weeks before release the cancellation was rejected . . .
I did manage to get out of the purchase thanks to a lucky coincidence - my card had just been suspended because of "suspicious activity" and I didn't put in my new card details.

Reactions: JCC
I accidently preordered 2 and now i cant cancel one of them as it keeps coming up with a error message.
Same for me, I have reordered a copy on zavvi.de with the 15% code and now I can't cancel my first order on zavvi.com. But I think they'll fix the problem quickly.

I accidently preordered 2 and now i cant cancel one of them as it keeps coming up with a error message.

Just contact them asking to cancel, they will and it's months aways from release anyway so plenty of time

Every now and then a Steelbook comes along and it's reputation gathers pace, to the point, momentum creates a frenzy to own a copy at all costs. Jungle Book is that Steel of 2016.

Those that ponder will once again be kicking themselves in the clamour of trying to pick one up for anywhere near retail price. Trust in me, this is one not to be missing out on.

• Informative
Reactions: neo and Flloydo
Oh ****, i love them mate, my favourite is the 1st one. Beautiful front and back and the exact art I want
The second is awesome too and would happily buy it but I prefer the first.
Nice work
Cheers dude. :)

I'm quite happy with how they turned out, but I can't take all the credit... there's some stunning posters for this film. Would be a real big shame if Disney don't use any of them for this release!

Reactions: Flash and Flloydo
Cheers dude. :)

I'm quite happy with how they turned out, but I can't take all the credit... there's some stunning posters for this film. Would be a real big shame if Disney don't use any of them for this release!

Yeah that's why I love the mock up and your 1st design. I love that poster and the back art poster.
Truly beautiful art.
You really hit the nail on the head for my eyes for a steel design that I now know I'm going to be so dissapointed with the final design.

It will be criminal if they don't use their poster art for this release.
But we know they won't. (Fingers crossed)

That why I'll keep this on order for now but I'll most likely go for a kimchi exclusive for this release when/if it happens with an awesome slip or lenti. They will most likely use one of those posters

Last edited:
Reactions: Flash and Noodles
Yeah that's why I love the mock up and your 1st design. I love that poster and the back art poster.
Truly beautiful art.
You really hit the nail on the head for my eyes for a steel design that I now know I'm going to be so dissapointed with the final design.

It will be criminal of they don't use their poster art for this release.
But we know they won't. (Fingers crossed)

That why I'll keep this on order for now but I'll most likely go for a kimchi exclusive for this release when/if it happens with an awesome slip or lenti. They will most likely use one of those posters
Those two posters I used on the first concept go really well together... it's almost as if they designed them with the steelbook in mind. As far as I can see, there isn't a single poster for this film that I don't like, so they can't go wrong unless they decide to go with a completely new/random design like they do with their Marvel steels. Hopefully there will a number of different releases like you said... even if the steelbook ends up being WWA, then someone will at least make a nice slip for it, I'm sure. :D

Reactions: dan8885 and Flloydo