Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 22, 2016
Purchase link: The Jungle Book (live)
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

11270347-1044412519595183.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those two posters I used on the first concept go really well together... it's almost as if they designed them with the steelbook in mind. As far as I can see, there isn't a single poster for this film that I don't like, so they can't go wrong unless they decide to go with a completely new/random design like they do with their Marvel steels. Hopefully there will a number of different releases like you said... even if the steelbook ends up being WWA, then someone will at least make a nice slip for it, I'm sure. :D

They do go really well together and yeah it is like it was meant to happen.

True all the poster art for this is amazing, for the single character posters I particularly like the shere Khan one with the wolves behind him on the cliff edge.
But those two front and backs for the 1st mockup you have done are definatley my favourite.

Knowing them it will probably be simplistic and random. It's hard to tell, Cinderella was basic with nice art on the back, Tomorrowland was the same but maleficent and into the woods had decent front art and either no back art (maleficent) or writing (into the woods - but it still looks cool)

Well I thought because kimchi did Cinderella they might do this too.
But if this does have cool art a bit like Oz (although was a catalogue title) then I'll happily keep it

Reactions: Noodles
Decided to have a crack at this. Here's my concepts...

View attachment 233740 View attachment 233741

AWESOME @Noodles both of em :drool::drool::drool: And yes surprisingly every single official artwork they released looks beautiful!

I watched it yesterday and it's perfect :drool::drool::drool::drool: Highly recommended for everyone who loves this tale :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I may double dip on this movie and I really hope we will get some nice Full Slips, Lenticulars and Steelbooks for this :emb: Will pass on zavvi since its above 26 EUR and they don't ship from european ground :squint:

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles and harry
Just watched it last night in 3D imax and to say this was stunning is an understatement !!
One of the best films I have seen in in a fair few years where you come out of the cinema thinking AMAZING !!
In fact it's that good I have just gone and ordered a second steelbook before it's sold out incase of damage , I hope they do this steelbook justice because it will be a GEM.

I hope Film arena can do this in a superb slipcase with lenticular etc ..... I can just see and feel the texture on this slip now .... DROOL !!
@carllenc @Collector03601

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo
They do go really well together and yeah it is like it was meant to happen.

True all the poster art for this is amazing, for the single character posters I particularly like the shere Khan one with the wolves behind him on the cliff edge.
But those two front and backs for the 1st mockup you have done are definatley my favourite.

Knowing them it will probably be simplistic and random. It's hard to tell, Cinderella was basic with nice art on the back, Tomorrowland was the same but maleficent and into the woods had decent front art and either no back art (maleficent) or writing (into the woods - but it still looks cool)

Well I thought because kimchi did Cinderella they might do this too.
But if this does have cool art a bit like Oz (although was a catalogue title) then I'll happily keep it
Yeah, the character posters look great too... really colourful and vibrant. The majority of them would make an awesome lenti!

They're definitely hit or miss with their live action movie steels. If there's a teaser poster image for the film, then they usually go with that (Cinderella and Tomorrowland). Thankfully, there wasn't a teaser poster (not a really simplistic one anyway) for Jungle Book... as far as I'm aware anyway.

It seems to be a popular film, and even critics are praising it, so I reckon there's probably a good chance it'll get special treatment from the usual Asian retailers.

AWESOME @Noodles both of em :drool::drool::drool: And yes surprisingly every single official artwork they released looks beautiful!

I watched it yesterday and it's perfect :drool::drool::drool::drool: Highly recommended for everyone who loves this tale :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I may double dip on this movie and I really hope we will get some nice Full Slips, Lenticulars and Steelbooks for this :emb: Will pass on zavvi since its above 26 EUR and they don't ship from european ground :squint:
Glad to hear you enjoyed the film mate. I wasn't that bothered about it at first, but all the positive feedback is kind of getting me excited about it now lol.

I wouldn't worry pal... this will no doubt get released elsewhere, and will probably be cheaper too. So many nice artwork options... someone HAS to do a full slip for this!

Reactions: Flloydo and dan8885
Glad to hear you enjoyed the film mate. I wasn't that bothered about it at first, but all the positive feedback is kind of getting me excited about it now lol.

I wouldn't worry pal... this will no doubt get released elsewhere, and will probably be cheaper too. So many nice artwork options... someone HAS to do a full slip for this!

I also wasn't bothering about it since the previous Disney Live action movies wasn't that really good. But WOW this is worth to watch and especially in the cinema!
If you like the story or the animated movie give it a go! You'll be not disappointed!

Yes I'm also pretty sure it will be released elsewhere. Kimchi for example did Cinderella so I hope they go also for Jungle Book :)

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
I also wasn't bothering about it since the previous Disney Live action movies wasn't that really good. But WOW this is worth to watch and especially in the cinema!
If you like the story or the animated movie give it a go! You'll be not disappointed!

Yes I'm also pretty sure it will be released elsewhere. Kimchi for example did Cinderella so I hope they go also for Jungle Book :)
Same here... I'm never really a fan of their live-action kids films. Especially when they're a "reimagining" of an existing animated version, which was already great! But you've all convinced me... I'll definitely give this a go now. :D

Reactions: dan8885
Same here... I'm never really a fan of their live-action kids films. Especially when they're a "reimagining" of an existing animated version, which was already great! But you've all convinced me... I'll definitely give this a go now. :D

The feeling was also a little bit like when I went to Force Awakens. So much nostalgia to see all the characters again, it felt like something special.
The animation was so perfect and 3D brought a great depth to the movie. I can't think of any negative point. It's what you would expect for this movie!

Is that a first. A remake that's every bit as good a the original. Seems to be getting rave reviews all round. Might get a chance to see it next Wednesday. At the minute they are showing 3D showing only but once a 2D showing appears, I'll give it a chance.

The feeling was also a little bit like when I went to Force Awakens. So much nostalgia to see all the characters again, it felt like something special.
The animation was so perfect and 3D brought a great depth to the movie. I can't think of any negative point. It's what you would expect for this movie!
Haha I can understand that... I was exactly the same with TFA. One thing that originally put me off with this film was having such a well known cast voice the animals... I found it quite distracting in the trailer, as I just kept imaging the actors faces lol. I get the impression that the story is so immersive that it's not a problem though?

Haha I can understand that... I was exactly the same with TFA. One thing that originally put me off with this film was having such a well known cast voice the animals... I found it quite distracting in the trailer, as I just kept imaging the actors faces lol. I get the impression that the story is so immersive that it's not a problem though?

I was forced to watch it with german audio so I can't tell :sour: But I thought at the cinema it will be even better with OV! You'll become close with the characters, I don't think you'll imagine Steve Zissou when Baloo is talking :D

I was forced to watch it with german audio so I can't tell :sour: But I thought at the cinema it will be even better with OV! You'll become close with the characters, I don't think you'll imagine Steve Zissou when Baloo is talking :D
Nobody will ever do it as great as the late phil harris

:hilarious:

Thankfully I've only seen that film once, so I'd be more likely to picture Peter Venkman. :p

As the blurb went for the 1967 animated film "He'd been raised by wolves, captured by apes, hunted by a boy-eating tiger and adopted be a bumbling bear named Baloo. Who'd have thought the jungle could be so much fun?"
As the blurb went for the 1940 live action film - with *Sabu as Mowgli - "Mowgli, half boy, half wolf . . . armed only with a knife and the love of a girl, meets the challenge of Shere Khan, the killer tiger!"
As the blurb goes for the new 2016 one "The legend will never be the same" (whatever that means).
*Best remembered as the beggar-boy in the fantastical THIEF OF BAGDAD (the second and best version of the story IMO).
P.S. Any fan of classics may be interested in the "Buster Keaton: Complete Short Films 1917 - 1923" well-priced at the moment at Amazon (GBP 27.49) - Eureka Masters of Cinema #150 in the collection.

Anyway, can't wait for the artwork for this and hope the front STAYS AS IS.