The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #100) [China]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: July 2024 (TBC)
Group buy: hosted by Wreck

53788032403_5561b6fd8a_o.jpg53790194273_11ffdfbd6e_o.jpg53788032408_c435ebd4a1_o.jpg53788135004_6fcc498e77_o.jpg
53727043630_6f127e3d34_o.jpg53726601846_e446d2eabd_o.jpg53788235835_91e64c22eb_o.jpg53789981366_2697683935_o.jpg53788033038_f75079b53c_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So why do people have to buy both sets and Ocs twice on multiple group buys. It pi**ses me off.
Surely it's just to resell and then by proxy, to gatekeep the limited editions from other collectors until prices rise. It's BS. I get limited means limited but it's borderline scalping...no, it is scalping.
No one possibly needs 2 sets of Trilogy Ocs and 2 sets of 3 individual slips.
Come on people.
:whistle: :happy:

("I'm buying it for other people"...hmm, nope, invariably that's also BS.)

And before anyone says, "stop whining", nope, I'm just stating a fact. :LOL: No one needs multiple copies of the same thing. Fact
Agreed 100%. Especially OC's, who needs more than one? Lol. Collectors stopping other collectors

Reactions: TheWildEye
So why do people have to buy both sets and Ocs twice on multiple group buys. It pi**ses me off.
Surely it's just to resell and then by proxy, to gatekeep the limited editions from other collectors until prices rise. It's BS. I get limited means limited but it's borderline scalping...no, it is scalping.
Come on people.

And before anyone says, "stop whining", nope, I'm just stating a fact. :LOL: No one needs multiple copies of the same thing. Fact
Wait I’ve missed something here. Who’s buying 2 lots of each?

Come on people.

And yet you're projecting your personal opinions as somehow fact.

You accuse others of "gatekeeping" when by using the term "needs", you're wanting to gatekeep what others are allowed to purchase.

Now, if the rules from the outset are 1 per person across all editions, I'm fine with that... but they weren't. That's a problem with the people making the rules; don't blame buyers for navigating within those rules to maximize what they can obtain.

Why don't we take this to the extreme and just say that OCs shouldn't be allowed to exist at all because nobody "needs" multiple versions of the same movie's steelbooks. After all, by eliminating OC's from the mix, then the individual versions would go 3x as far, right?

Where does it end?

• Haha
Reactions: TheWildEye
And yet you're projecting your personal opinions as somehow fact.

You accuse others of "gatekeeping" when by using the term "needs", you're wanting to gatekeep what others are allowed to purchase.

Now, if the rules from the outset are 1 per person across all editions, I'm fine with that... but they weren't. That's a problem with the people making the rules; don't blame buyers for navigating within those rules to maximize what they can obtain.

Why don't we take this to the extreme and just say that OCs shouldn't be allowed to exist at all because nobody "needs" multiple versions of the same movie's steelbooks. After all, by eliminating OC's from the mix, then the individual versions would go 3x as far, right?

Where does it end?
Brother. So, no one buys multiple Ocs, multiple slips on multiple groups across multiple sites?
There are buyers out there who scoop up great swathes of the same items. That's a fact. Not a personal opinion.
You talking utter nonsense. Clearly one of the people I'm talking about.

Nope. Why would you say that. No one is confused. Quite the opposite.
So, wait. Members DONT buy multiple sets on multiple group buys on different sites?
Hmm, yes, okay. :hilarious:
Yeah but who are you referring to here?

I mentioned in the return of the king that VIPS on the other site were allowed to request both OCs and DLs and we have the opportunity to cancel one set or both or keep both once the beauty shots were shown. And I also said in the same message that I personally cancelled my OC order due to the artworks being a major letdown. So I was wondering if you got confused by me saying I cancelled 3 OC sets? meaning the 3 films not 3 sets of each.

I would’ve cancelled the DL order too but they have semi saved it with the art changes. So I kept the order on part fomo and part preferring the art update

Reactions: Mararagan
"I'm buying it for other people"...hmm, nope, invariably that's also BS.)
I am actually buying for other people, but with Blufans direct shipping, I can enter their addresses, so that's convenient.

Where does it end?
One gets to hold it on even days, the other on odd days of the month?
Or three sleep with it Monday & Thursday, Tuesday & Friday, and Wednesday & Saturday, having a threesome on Sunday...

I am actually buying for other people, but with Blufans direct shipping, I can enter their addresses, so that's convenient.

One gets to hold it on even days, the other on odd days of the month?
Or three sleep with it Monday & Thursday, Tuesday & Friday, and Wednesday & Saturday, having a threesome on Sunday...
I know you buy for others. Seen your hauls and heard you talk about it many times.
You can always use the spares for bookends :LOL:

Apparently the DL’s have an even smaller print run than originally planned due to a shortage in 4K extended discs. Fyi

It means for some GBs (most likely all?? No idea) you can only have the DL’s OR OC’s and not both. Which makes sense