Purchase links:
Amazon ES
FNAC ES
Price: €17.66 (Amazon) - €18.99 (FNAC)

51U3-SlAm2L._SY400_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: blusteel980
Could you please tell me, what kind of mailer did amazon.ES use? I have also ordered 1 copy, and getting worried a bit...
By the way, amazon.DE uses mostly very nice cardboard box, folded directly to house a steelbook...
Like HUBMUSWELL said a pretty poor cardboard envelope which doesn't offer any protection at all. Thankfully one of my two arrived fine. This is how my damaged one turned up:
1zf7w5w.jpg

Amazon.de have been sending me steelbook a in a variety of different mailers recently. From the large frustration free boxes to just loose in a box.

Amazon.de's packaging is GREAT.

False. I've ordered from them 25 or 30 times, and they use the same ultra-sh*tty methods that Amazon US uses. Bubble envelopes, "boxes" that are nothing more than cardboard envelopes that can be easily crushed because they have no actual sides--and when they actually ship something in a real box, they just throw the items in loose with a single air pillow or, more often, nothing at all. If you order things like mediabooks, digipacks, or steelbooks from them, there will be about a 30-40% chance that you'll get dents, creased spines/sides, mashed-in corners, etc.

I've ordered from the Amazons in the US, the UK, Germany, France, Spain, and Japan. The only one that consistently uses methods that properly protect the product is the one in Japan--I've never received a single item from them with so much as one tiny dent, and I've ordered from them many, many times. They still use the same methods that Amazon US used up until around five or six years ago when they introduced their "frustration-free packaging" (translation: cheap-ass, minimal packaging that saves Amazon a little money).

Last edited:
False. I've ordered from them 25 or 30 times, and they use the same ultra-sh*tty methods that Amazon US uses. Bubble envelopes, "boxes" that are nothing more than a cardboard envelope that can be easily crushed because it has no actual sides, and when they actually ship in a real box, they just throw the items in loose with a single air pillow or, more often, nothing at all. If you order things like mediabooks, digipacks, or steelbooks from them, there will be about a 30-40% chance that you'll get dents, creased spines/sides, mashed-in corners, etc.

I've ordered from the Amazons in the US, the UK, Germany, France, Spain, and Japan. The only one that consistently uses methods that properly protect the product is the one in Japan--I've never received a single item from them with so much as one tiny dent, and I've ordered from them many, many times. They still use the same methods that Amazon US used up until around five or six years ago when they introduced their "frustration-free packaging" (translation: cheap-ass, minimal packaging that saves Amazon a little money).
Amazon.jp kills it in shipping! They rock! Not only super well packed but faster than light delivery!!
I Love Amazon JP!
image.jpg:D;)

Amazon.jp kills it in shipping! They rock! Not only super well packed but faster than light delivery!!
I Love Amazon JP!
View attachment 217195:D;)

:rofl: Did you concoct that image yourself? Regardless, it's awesome!

I love them, too. I forgot to mention their insanely fast delivery. I don't know how they do it--I think it usually takes three business days max for me to receive their packages! And it's not just their packaging that rules. I'm pretty sure that in order for me to have never received an item from them with even the slightest damage, they must have incredible quality control as well, especially considering how huge they must be. I'm sure that some of the damaged stuff I've received from other Amazons was actually the result of rough handling in their warehouses rather than shipping injury, given that the packaging itself is sometimes in perfect condition when what's inside is not.

This is probably stereotyping, but it seems like Japanese people in general care more about the details of things than the rest of the world. Hey, like me!

Anyway, we're definitely going off topic.

Reactions: C.C. 95
False. I've ordered from them 25 or 30 times, and they use the same ultra-sh*tty methods that Amazon US uses. Bubble envelopes, "boxes" that are nothing more than cardboard envelopes that can be easily crushed because they have no actual sides--and when they actually ship something in a real box, they just throw the items in loose with a single air pillow or, more often, nothing at all. If you order things like mediabooks, digipacks, or steelbooks from them, there will be about a 30-40% chance that you'll get dents, creased spines/sides, mashed-in corners, etc..

Well, I have only ordered from them twice, but both times they shipped using a box that folds in on itself several times to form a protective inner box for the steelbook.
No dents, dings whatsoever.

I'm sorry you've had a different experience than I have.

Reactions: adarkcorner
:rofl: Did you concoct that image yourself? Regardless, it's awesome!

I love them, too. I forgot to mention their insanely fast delivery. I don't know how they do it--I think it usually takes three business days max for me to receive their packages! And it's not just their packaging that rules. I'm pretty sure that in order for me to have never received an item from them with even the slightest damage, they must have incredible quality control as well, especially considering how huge they must be. I'm sure that some of the damaged stuff I've received from other Amazons was actually the result of rough handling in their warehouses rather than shipping injury, given that the packaging itself is sometimes in perfect condition when what's inside is not.

This is probably stereotyping, but it seems like Japanese people in general care more about the details of things than the rest of the world. Hey, like me!

Anyway, we're definitely going off topic.
:thumbs:
Yeah, I adjusted an existing image and put signage and a steelbook in his hand, etc.!:D
I never do this- but I actually leave Packaging/Shipping feedback on Amazon JP, just to tell them how awesome they are! Sometimes I get stuff so fast, I joke that they have a secret warehouse somewhere in my basement.:rofl:
Plus they just have killer stuff too. My greatest Christmas gift this year was getting my buddy the Amazon JP exclusive Book style releases of the 3 LORD OF THE RINGS and HOBBIT Blu rays. We had lamented a month earlier that the Book-style DVD sets of LOTR were so awesome, and how it was too bad they didn't rerelease the blus that way... (Then I dropped those JP LOTR & HOBBIT blu rays on him and he freaked!).
We need some of the other Amazons to go over there for training!
(Looking directly at you Amazon France and Amazon Italy!!!)
3116968.gif

Reactions: adarkcorner
Well, I have only ordered from them twice, but both times they shipped using a box that folds in on itself several times to form a protective inner box for the steelbook.
No dents, dings whatsoever.

I'm sorry you've had a different experience than I have.

I think I know the type of package you're talking about. That packaging is primarily a problem with digipacks, because it can be easily crushed (flattened)--this results in digipacks kind of collapsing, which creases the spine and/or the top and bottom sides. Steelbooks and mediabooks would require A LOT of pressure/weight to collapse, so that packaging seems to work alright for those. But I only get that type of packaging about a third of the time, and they definitely sometimes use it for digipacks.

That said, If you're only ordering steelbooks from them, and only one or two at a time, you'll probably be safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc Dooley
I have just received mine, but they have sent me an UNSEALED copy with dents and scratches. :(
I have ordered it, when only 2-3 copies were sent back to stock after OOS.
Anyone experienced something like this regarding the last remaining copies?

I have just received mine, but they have sent me an UNSEALED copy with dents and scratches. :(
I have ordered it, when only 2-3 copies were sent back to stock after OOS.
Anyone experienced something like this regarding the last remaining copies?

I would contact them immediately and request they do sthg about it (and they will).

Their English help page is here. Or you can initiate a support request by clicking on Contáctanos (you'll be asked to sign in with your account credentials).

From there you'll see drop-down menus where you can select the reason you're initiating a support request (screenshot attached), it should look something like this. Click on E-mail and type your message etc... You should hear back from them soon afterwards (within 24 hours).

Screen Shot 2016-02-18 at 13.09.44.png

Reactions: zoltan_g
I would contact them immediately and request they do sthg about it (and they will).

Their English help page is here. Or you can initiate a support request by clicking on Contáctanos (you'll be asked to sign in with your account credentials).

From there you'll see drop-down menus where you can select the reason you're initiating a support request (screenshot attached), it should look something like this. Click on E-mail and type your message etc... You should hear back from them soon afterwards (within 24 hours).
https://www.amazon.es/gp/help/customer/contact-us/ref=hp_ss_qs_v2_l7_t1
Thank you very much! I have already initiated a return procedure, and asked for a full refund.

Really sorry to read about all the issues with shipping...I got lucky and got mine to US in an A1 mailer without any damage, or so it seems as it is still sealed....definitely Amazon ES and IT are pretty poor in their shipping....

One good thing I noticed in my recent orders was that Amazon FR has taken some feedback and their packaging has improved....they used separate steelbook boxes inside a large box for my last order...similar to Amazon DE....hopefully this will be a practice with all Amazon websites soon.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Marc Dooley