The Martian (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Special Edition Silver Label No.8) [China]

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date:Feb 2016
WWA steelbook,limited 500 copies
Group Buy open in Feb (date TBA)

The Martian.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In Mr. Bluray's packaging the steelbook would survive a nuclear blast. Took me a good while to even open the box. :joy:
I like people that use excess packaging. Always useful having packaging material at home for free, always makes itself useful :D

@wxlinkswd Would it be possible for you to inquire as to why 2 obvious resellers were between them able to acquire half the allocated stock of this Steelbook and sell them on eBay, all the while the OFFICIAL HDN GB was cancelled due to lack of stock. I'm sure many folk here would like a full, honest and transparent explanation as to exactly what transpired and an assurance that this incident will NOT be repeated. Thank you.

@wxlinkswd Would it be possible for you to inquire as to why 2 obvious resellers were between them able to acquire half the allocated stock of this Steelbook and sell them on eBay, all the while the OFFICIAL HDN GB was cancelled due to lack of stock. I'm sure many folk here would like a full, honest and transparent explanation as to exactly what transpired and an assurance that this incident will NOT be repeated. Thank you.
Wow did that really happen? I know the GB's got cancelled but I didn't realise resellers took a load of the stock. That sounds really unfair. I'm sure there will be an answer/excuse as to how that happened, the question is will we ever really find out?

Thats one of the reasons why I stopped completing HDZeta lately :/

Reactions: ty233 and harry
Didn't the guys selling on eBay have the exact same price as they would have been in GB? (Not inflated)
I thought I saw them on eBay for $70 - which is what they usually cost anyway.

Reactions: Actarus
Didn't the guys selling on eBay have the exact same price as they would have been in GB? (Not inflated)
I thought I saw them on eBay for $70 - which is what they usually cost anyway.

They are 70 plus shipping and HDZeta direct GBs here on HDN is usually 60 USD or less, including shipping costs.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Even @ eBay, it's cheaper than FAC's version even with a more limited print run

Despite the more limited print run of the HDzeta edition it is not as wanted as the FAC (The FAC Fullslip version is much more sought after even though it is limited to 1000 unit).
I have both copies and trying to stay objective, the HDzeta is nice but more simplistic than the FAC. When holding in Hands, the Quality of the FAC is Far Superior(from the lush Fullslip and all that this exclusive package contains). FA did not plan it this way, but they created something very special and one can only see how special it is when holding in hands.

I am not saying that the HDzeta is not worth owning, but there is a reason why it sells for less than the FAC edition on the secondary market.

My two pennies' worth? I agree with you. The booklet is much better than the FAC one. Admittedly, the FAC full slip is great but HDzeta as a total package is great too.
I have never purchased an HDzeta release before, do they stack up to kimchi dvd/blufans?

ADVANCED WARNING

thumbs-up.jpg

Extremely limited GB of this (and other OABs) will be coming over the next few days.

Still working on quantity but it will not be many (possibly less than 10) and will be strictly be limited to 1 per person and first come first served. Any PM's asking about this will not be answered to and no sign ups will be accepted via PM