The Official "Netflix USA" Service and News Discussion

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
I didn't want to thread-jack Glen-Bob's Canada thread, so I started another. Please merge if I am duplicating with another general USA Netflix thread.

Feel free to discuss Netflix in general in this thread.

And for now, I have a specific question-

Is there any rhyme or reason to how long things stay streaming? For instance, I've heard some people are starting to get rid of TV seasons because they are streaming. Do they eventually become unavailable again, or once they stream they stream? There seem to be some instances where there is some expiration date. Been a NF member for almost 10 years and we use streaming regularly. But before I chuck some old DVD's, I want to be sure, I don't have 1 hr, 43 min, 21 secs to watch 7 seasons of Xena:)

Thanks all,
DB

I'm not sure about the time frame. But Dexter Season 1 has been available for streaming for more than a year. I watched season 1 and 2 last year sometime and they're still available for streaming now. There was a foreign movie I had in the list, and the beginning of this year is when it was made no longer available. Not sure how long it was there either, but I did have it in my que for a year already before they take it out.

Per Hackingnetflix, some customers offered $7.99 streaming only plan...

"Is Netflix Testing a U.S. $7.99 Per Month Streaming-Only Plan?

RUMOR: A reliable source tipped me off that Netflix is testing a U.S. $7.99 per month streaming-only plan, and for $2 per month more the plan adds 1 DVD out at-a-time. Netflix already offers a $8.99 unlimited streaming plus 1 DVD out at-a-time plan, so the pricing seems strange, but Netflix does price testing from time to time. Netflix recently launched a $7.99 per month Canadian streaming-only service, so the pricing seems about right with the exchange rate.

Netflix also offers a limited $7.99 streaming-only plan for Starz Play, with no DVDs:
Has anyone been offered a Netflix $7.99 per month streaming-only plan? Would you be interested in subscribing to a streaming-only account?"

I'd possibly be interested in that if they would add more of the newer movies to the streaming list. I like the one out with streaming plan though.

Ive never used netflix but im seriously debating it. I want 1 blu out at a time and possible streaming. or just 2 blus.

Hey Wreck, yeah, definitely try it out-they've increased their HD streaming a bit, and the convenience of being able to try some shows or movies out is cool. Have had it for 9 years, and love it. Each week it seems, more "newer" content is being added, so it definitely is worth a look. We've switched back and forth between different plans, but generally the 1 or 2 out unlimited seems to work best for our house. Good luck evaluating:)

+1 We've been with them for just a couple of months, but really like it. Right now we are on the streaming and one SD disk. Kinda thinking about adding the BR disks though.

REMINDER: Dont send movies that you purchased back instead of the netflix movie. It may not be returned to you haha. I shipped Beauty and the Beast Blu instead of Kick-ass and now I am waiting to see if they returned it. I call immediately after i noticed and they said that gives me a better chance of getting it back

Hey Wreck, yeah, definitely try it out-they've increased their HD streaming a bit, and the convenience of being able to try some shows or movies out is cool. Have had it for 9 years, and love it. Each week it seems, more "newer" content is being added, so it definitely is worth a look. We've switched back and forth between different plans, but generally the 1 or 2 out unlimited seems to work best for our house. Good luck evaluating:)

We've had it for a long time and love it. Great for the kids as they have a ton of kids movies on there.

It sucks too, but how else is the movie industry going to make some money?

oh I know what you are saying, it will either affect one or the other. I just choose to be patient and watch other stuff.

I've been with Netflix for years now. When they got sued my subscription got bumped from 3 to 4 discs for free indefinitely :p so I pay for 3 and get 1 disc extra for free.

I didn't like the disc based with the PS3 though, I hardly used it. Now my TV gets Netflix directly and I watch more stuff on there than my Satellite :p