The Pixar Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
This thread is for the titles that have been released to date.

For a poll to share your thoughts on future releases (2015 and on) , please click here

Limited edition are limited to 4K-5K.

The Pixar Collection link

#13: Ratatouille (May 18th, 2015) - Buy
#12: Wall·e (May 18th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#11: A Bug's Life (May 11th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#10: The Incredibles (May 4th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#09: Brave 3D (April 7th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#08: Cars 3D (March 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#7: Up 3D (March 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#06: Monsters Inc 3D (February 17, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#05: Toy Story 3 (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#04: Toy Story 2 (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#03: Toy Story (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#02: Monsters University (November 25th, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)
#01: Finding Nemo (June 3rd, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)

thumb.jpg

Last edited:
"Planes" is a Disney movie. It's not produced by Pixar. It's just cashing in on the marketability of "Cars".

Planes is a mystery
Is it a Pixar film
Is it a Disney "Classic"

I know that it has been distributed by Disney but it is clearly based on the Pixar cars universe.

As I understand it was to be a straight to video release but John Lassiter had over ideas

So where does this fit?

Pixar is the more marketable of the two companies. Believe me, if it was a Pixar movie, they would have slapped the Pixar name all over it. It's produced by DisneyToon Studios. Pixar has no ties to the film outside of minor crossover characters; and that's only because Disney holds claim over both franchises.

Reactions: dfoles
Pixar is the more marketable of the two companies. Believe me, if it was a Pixar movie, they would have slapped the Pixar name all over it. It's produced by DisneyToon Studios. Pixar has no ties to the film outside of minor crossover characters; and that's only because Disney holds claim over both franchises.

That is correct. Planes is not a Pixar movie, and will not be in this collection

Planes falls into the same category as Wreck it Ralph. Production wise at least.
Which is why WiR is part of the Disney Collection and not the Pixar Collection

Last edited:
Planes falls into the same category as Wreck it Ralph. Production wise at least.
Which is why WiR is part of the Disney Collection and not the Pixar Collection
You're on the right track, but this is incorrect. Wreck it Ralph was produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios, the studio responsible for all the films that go into the 52 (and counting) "Classics". Planes on the other hand was produced at DisneyToon studios, a separate division that is responsible for all the direct to DVD spinoffs and sequels. Films produced by DisneyToon haven't been given any kind of label, and don't necessarily fit into any "collection".

You're on the right track, but this is incorrect. Wreck it Ralph was produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios, the studio responsible for all the films that go into the 52 (and counting) "Classics". Planes on the other hand was produced at DisneyToon studios, a separate division that is responsible for all the direct to DVD spinoffs and sequels. Films produced by DisneyToon haven't been given any kind of label, and don't necessarily fit into any "collection".

The Tinkerbell movies being produced by DisneyToon studios??

Yes, the Tinkerbell movies were all done at DisneyToon, same as Planes. Even though Planes got a wider theatrical release, these films 'belong' together if we're trying to label them as any sort of collection.

Tron Uprising is actually yet another entirely separate studio - Disney Television Animation.

For reference, here are full filmographies for each of Disney's major animation studios:

Walt Disney Animation Studios (the 'Classics'): http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Walt_Disney_Animation_Studios_films#

DisneyToon Studios (sequels and spinoffs): http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisneyToon_Studios

Disney Television Animation: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Television_Animation

Pixar Animation Studios: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pixar_films

There are outliers that don't 100% belong to any I these groups, such as the live action hybrids like Mary Poppins and the stop motion films like Nightmare Before Christmas, although they would fit best with WDAS, as they were produced there. They just aren't given the 'classic' label as the others are. There is also some confusion regarding early DisneyToon and Disney TV series, as the two studios were one and the same back in the early to mid 90s. They have since split and become their own identities. Disney now also own Lucasfilm Animation and Marvel Animation.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrH
^
Tinkerbell I think is among them along with the now canceled Tron Uprising Series.

Gosh dang it. I loved that show. I watched it when it was on XD and then numerous times since it is on Netflix. Will we ever see it released on blu ray? Probably not. DVD sure why not....man I wanted me some more Mandy Moore voice acting.

I'm very surprised Zavvi has yet to announce which three Pixar films will be released on February 10. I know it's a long way, but they've already announced The Shining, which will also be released on February 10, apparently.

I passed on the Monsters Inc Kimchi exclusive but I don't know if I'll be able to resist the Up Blufans group buy. Even if Zavvi is probably going to do them all eventually, I truly hope Monsters Inc and/or Up will be among these three :ohno: — let's keep the obvious answer (the Toy Story trilogy) for later on, shall we.