The Pixar Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
This thread is for the titles that have been released to date.

For a poll to share your thoughts on future releases (2015 and on) , please click here

Limited edition are limited to 4K-5K.

The Pixar Collection link

#13: Ratatouille (May 18th, 2015) - Buy
#12: Wall·e (May 18th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#11: A Bug's Life (May 11th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#10: The Incredibles (May 4th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#09: Brave 3D (April 7th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#08: Cars 3D (March 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#7: Up 3D (March 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#06: Monsters Inc 3D (February 17, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#05: Toy Story 3 (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#04: Toy Story 2 (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#03: Toy Story (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#02: Monsters University (November 25th, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)
#01: Finding Nemo (June 3rd, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)

thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Monster's University looks like a joke compared to the rest of them!

I disagree. I really like The Monsters U design and think it is going to be one of those ones that look far better in person than it does in the pictures. I think the blank gray area on the front is going to be just left shiny bare steel like the Seven Psychopaths steelbook which will really make the colors on Mike and Sully pop.

Reactions: Ricker
I'm really hoping for the incredibles and walle next. The incredilbes is a great film without a steelbook anywhere in the world yet and walle is also a great film and probably the most visually stunning. None of the steels for that film harness the artwork oppertunities in my opinion. A brave steelbook hasn't been created yet that wouldn't be bad either.

Reactions: chunk
I'm really hoping for the incredibles and walle next. The incredilbes is a great film without a steelbook anywhere in the world yet and walle is also a great film and probably the most visually stunning. None of the steels for that film harness the artwork oppertunities in my opinion. A brave steelbook hasn't been created yet that wouldn't be bad either.

there is an incredibles german steelbook mate but sadly its covered in german text.:angry:

i have incredibles dvd steelbook.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

when you look at the pixar collection so far, the designs dont have any coherence. i would have preferred if they went a similar route to Ghibli with their steels. unify them in their design. would have made a better collection.

and that monster uni steel is an abomination. i havent seen that film, really want to. a steelbook would be perfect but i refuse to own something so ugly.

Now we have the news Monsters Inc. 3D is being released why wasn't the rest of the collection the same? They all are available in 3D. Miffed.com

I'm assuming sales must be bad on the other releases so zavvi have dropped the price and included 3D for future releases to hopefully increase sales. I just want gloss though :( I'm hoping the future releases are super glossy :scat:

Reactions: WKRP
i have incredibles dvd steelbook.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

when you look at the pixar collection so far, the designs dont have any coherence. i would have preferred if they went a similar route to Ghibli with their steels. unify them in their design. would have made a better collection.

and that monster uni steel is an abomination. i havent seen that film, really want to. a steelbook would be perfect but i refuse to own something so ugly.

It just goes to show this whole collection was an afterthought. Some orginal art and some sort of unifying design would have made these really special.

^ They can't even unify the design on the 3 Toy Storys released together. There I said it again.

Not unified is like what the North American releases were, big logos on 1+2 and then Buzz alone on 3 with a different spine design.

I'm really excited for them myself. I might not bother with Monsters Inc though because I already have the Jumbo with the 4-disc set, I don't care about 3D and wouldn't be fussed having one be 3D by itself when none of the others are.