The Shawshank Redemption (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook #174) (FilmArena Collection) [Czech Republic]

May 26, 2013
France
Release date: May 3, 2023 December 1, 2023
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: CZK 1799
Group buy: Hosted by carllenc
Note: WWA steelbook, FullSlip XL, 3D Lenticular magnet

The Shawshank Redemption.jpeg

499329-bc3b6d1819acfce84b408e51f7b1365f.jpg
Dear collectors,
let us politely inform you that we have selected the following movies for the FAC, together with our distribution partner MagicBox .
We plan WEA FAC steelbooks for these titles: The Shawshank Redemption Papillon, DIRTY DANCING, THE THING and BACKDRAFT.
The first title SHAWSHANK is timelined for 2Q 2016 in this year , the rest belong to the plan for the year 2017.
Thank you for your support and look forward to working with you .

Team FA

Last edited by a moderator:
Popped an order in direct, just wish FACs weren't so bloody expensive nowadays... hopefully claw some decent $$ back shifting that pos wwa steel separately. German steel is king.

Reactions: Nova
Bought this, The Little Things, and A Clockwork Orange for about $73 each shipped direct. FilmArena and MantaLab are still the cheapest premium releases.

Reactions: Veronica Mars
Bought this, The Little Things, and A Clockwork Orange for about $73 each shipped direct. FilmArena and MantaLab are still the cheapest premium releases.
Nova are still the cheapest to the U.K. Cheaper than the rest by quite a lot

Pig (The last one I got) at pre order $49 including shipping. Last manta (black Adam) was $71 Including shipping

I mean if you bulk them together and average out the cost like that, yeah. Little things was one of their super cheap 991czk releases because it's not 4K though. The other 2 are around 1500czk, plus half extra in shipping, a painful pill to swallow.

Shawshank by itself direct was £82 shipped to the UK. That sucks, hard. Manta direct for their equivalent is nearly £15 cheaper. Nova are the kings of cheap. I know they're not 4K.. but 1917, Grindhouse and Pig WEA steels were around £40.

Reactions: Flloydo
Nova are still the cheapest to the U.K. Cheaper than the rest by quite a lot

Pig (The last one I got) at pre order $49 including shipping. Last manta (black Adam) was $71 Including shipping
Oh, right, I forgot about NovaMedia, last real premium I bought from them was 3 and a half years ago, John Wick 3.

What’s wrong with them? I think Covid is no longer a valid excuse nowadays.
It was announced in 2016....whats another 3 months? Coincidentally "A Clockwork Orange" has also been delayed and Shawshank now is "limited" to 1001 copies instead of 751......good news all around :whistle:

Noticed the "availability" of this was changed to 3 days today, when it said 14 yesterday (they have been on holiday since 24th July). Hopefully means it'll be due to ship this week!

Noticed the "availability" of this was changed to 3 days today, when it said 14 yesterday (they have been on holiday since 24th July). Hopefully means it'll be due to ship this week!

That is said to lot of items on their site... even for regular BD's... doesn't mean it'll release then.

That is said to lot of items on their site... even for regular BD's... doesn't mean it'll release then.
Well the fact that they've purposefully updated it today should indicate otherwise. It doesn't appear to be automated, or it wouldn't have jumped forward 11 days in 24hrs.

They've been on holiday since 24th July, so it'd make perfect sense for many items to be due for dispatch in a few days time, seeing as they're back to work today.

Hello,

Is there someone who got an idea please why this FAC is not shipped yet ?
I send an email & message facebook, with no answer !
My order status still said "registered" !

I don't mind waiting, but I'd like to have an info please ... we are end August so this delay is weird.

Thanks in advance for your answer .... ,)

Hello,

Is there someone who got an idea please why this FAC is not shipped yet ?
I send an email & message facebook, with no answer !
My order status still said "registered" !

I don't mind waiting, but I'd like to have an info please ... we are end August so this delay is weird.

Thanks in advance for your answer .... ,)
Nobody knows as far as I'm aware. FAC haven't said anything. I don't think there's any specific issue with the release, they're just running late and haven't provided a new release date. The same goes for the other 3 or so titles that were supposed to release around the same time.

Reactions: vinny
They do take the piss with launching new releases but constantly pushing back older releases. They have rarely got anything out on time and they seem to be getting worse.
All of the latest releases are lacklustre at best so they are just going to be stuck with even more unsold stock.

I agree, though I have been a loyalist and had most of their releases....it has become worse and worse, now going the CM route....that was a big reason I avoided the most recent wave of announcements from them...