Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release Date: February 10th, 2014
Price: £14.99
Buy Link:
Zavvi
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook with Matt Finish and Embossed Door and Title Treatment. This product is limited to 4000 copies.

Pre-order goes live September 7 2013

Artwork:
10851837-1378457196-493258.jpg

10851837-1378457235-670947.jpg

10851837-1378457254-643414.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 312
Last edited by a moderator:
I just cancelled mine. I have a feeling this is one of the titles we'll see for 9,99 or less in a few weeks.

Most of the Warner Bros. titles have eventually dropped, have they not? I'm still annoyed that I paid full price for The Town and Argo thinking that they'd sell out. Shortly after they dropped to like a fiver each if you bought either with another steel :angry:

I cancelled my entire wave for the Kubrick steels, I'm still angry at this poor artwork effort, not to mention that it WILL come down in price after a few weeks.

Edit:
OMG this is POST number 1234!!! for me :scat::oohyeah::D
Same. Just reminds of the game and twelve monkeys. Black and horrible matte :(

it's warner so region free for days :oohyeah:

Good. I've been wanting to see the UK cut for the longest time. I guess I'll finally own it with this steelbook.

I have the Digibooks for A Clockwork Orange and Full Metal Jacket, so I won't get those UK steelbooks. But since no special edition for The Shining exists here, I'll definitely be getting this. And the UK cut is more of an added bonus.

I think its refreshing to see different artwork for this. The original artwork is amazing, but it has been on countless releases over the years. Its nice to see something different.

I think its refreshing to see different artwork for this. The original artwork is amazing, but it has been on countless releases over the years. Its nice to see something different.

this artwork has been done before. i have it already as a slipcase with this art. the entire kubrik collection with these minimal artworks has been done before.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

i would have preferred something completely different.. maybe a throw back to the original theatre poster art, or something along those lines.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

i mean, look at this art http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/334/2/0/20f01166a1efd672c3586b7f9c0159f1-d33xpqg.jpg

better, i think

this artwork has been done before. i have it already as a slipcase with this art. the entire kubrik collection with these minimal artworks has been done before.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

i would have preferred something completely different.. maybe a throw back to the original theatre poster art, or something along those lines.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

i mean, look at this art http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/334/2/0/20f01166a1efd672c3586b7f9c0159f1-d33xpqg.jpg

better, i think

I probably should have done some research before posting then lol.

I do agree with that artwork looking better. I just looked at some of the original poster prints/various canvas prints for the shining and I now see why people are upset with the decision to use this artwork. I am happy that Zavvi decided against using the Jack Nicholson "here's Johnny" artwork that is on the US amaray release.

I am digging that typewriter artwork though, was that one of the original poster prints?

Reactions: levi
i'll wait til this hits below a tenner,no way is it worth 15 quid no matter how great it is of a film,same as FMJ and a clockwork orange,matte black finish with some embossing. nty

i just cancel my order, i'm just hoping this will drop down the road, even when i dont think 15 pounds is a lot, i just have so many releases to pay in February so this one has to wait...who knows i may get it for less than 10 pounds in a few months if not weeks!:)