Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release Date: February 10th, 2014
Price: £14.99
Buy Link:
Zavvi
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook with Matt Finish and Embossed Door and Title Treatment. This product is limited to 4000 copies.

Pre-order goes live September 7 2013

Artwork:
10851837-1378457196-493258.jpg

10851837-1378457235-670947.jpg

10851837-1378457254-643414.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 310
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind the artwork myself, it's the same one that was used on the Special edition DVD from a while back. They could have used more original art but i will get this regardless!:)

I wouldn't mind this design so much if they planned on releasing the other Kubrick films in a similar style "set" (like they did in Spain), but as a one-off it feels a bit odd.

I wouldn't mind this design so much if they planned on releasing the other Kubrick films in a similar style "set" (like they did in Spain), but as a one-off it feels a bit odd.

Did you not see the Kubrick poll thread? ;)

I expect to see all of the title from that thread (A Clockwork Orange next, followed by Full Metal Jacket and then 2001: A Space Odyssey) all in this style. They'll probably do the missing ones too (Barry Lyndon, Eyes Wide Shut and Lolita).

Did you not see the Kubrick poll thread? ;)

I expect to see all of the title from that thread (A Clockwork Orange next, followed by Full Metal Jacket and then 2001: A Space Odyssey) all in this style. They'll probably do the missing ones too (Barry Lyndon, Eyes Wide Shut and Lolita).

If they are indeed going to release all Kubrick films in this style, then they should say so now in order to prevent collectors from being misled. I would prefer to hold off and wait to see whether they release a box set (like they did in Spain), rather than buy each individually and then have them release a box set at the end

Reactions: Steeler and Flip
I'm surprised by all the negative comments, I think it looks great, especially the back. My major disappointment is that it's a matte finish. But I'll still buy it, but only if it's the longer version we have in the US.

Pass. The same boring artwork used on the DVDs. If they release other Kubrick titles the art will probably be just as plain :(.
Would have loved something like this:

22the-shining22-poster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Flloydo
as i already have the kubrick box-set + the US extended cut blu-ray i don't think i will triple dip on this, and will save my money rather on films i don't own yet,
but i like the artwork, and cannot recommend "the shining" enough to those who have not seen this yet. it's one of the best horror movies ever made, if not THE best one. A must-see!

Why did this have to be matt. What a disappointment. I'm picturing the door featuring both embossing & debossing, with a glossy finish, it would have been great. The choice of a matt finish has me worried though. I really think this one NEEDED a gloss finish.

Both Zulu and Final Destination 5 look amazing in their glossy finery. This could have too.

Such a shame that The Shining won't actually shine. :(

Reactions: lolwut