The 'Shiny Bling Effect' SteelBooks™ thread

MayFlower

Premium Supporter
Sep 28, 2011
I have compiled a list of shiny bling effect artwork steelbook. If you put these steelbook against a light, and move it back and forth, you'll see a shiny effect with certain areas in the steelbook.

This is not a complete list since I can only vouch for the ones that I own.

If you know of any other shiny bling effect steelbook in your collection, then please share with us.

Picture is a plus. I'll try to take a picture of them as soon as I learn how to show the effect through the camera.

MOVIES SECTION:

DE.gif
John Rambo with tattoo [left arm and weapon]
DE.gif
Wanted (1st Print) [gun]
DE.gif
Zimmer 1408 [door edge in the background]
DE.gif
Tron Legacy 3D [middle characters, orange suit on left and shield on the right]
DE.gif
Faster [bullet]
DE.gif
Gladiator (Universal Wave) [ shield, sword, armor]
DE.gif
Underworld: Evolution [Shinny eyes]
DE.gif
Pans Labyrinth (1st Print) [the girls shadow and pathway]
DE.gif
The Dark Knight (1st Print) [sparkle flames]
DE.gif
Hellboy 2 [Pistol on the front cover]
DE.gif
Hanna [her blue eyes]
DE.gif
Fast & Furious 5 (Universal Wave) [Toretto's cross, necklace, three guns also have bling]
DE.gif
Sucker Punch First Press [flame on the cover and knife]
DE.gif
Paul [big eye's]
DE.gif
Hot Fuzz (Reel Heroes series) [Gun, watch, police tag, helmet]
DE.gif
Scott Pilgrim (Reel Heroes series) [sword]
DE.gif
Kill Bill (black suit) [blade of Uma's sword]
DE.gif
Robin Hood (Original version) [Horse's halter, on noseband and just in front of ears]
taiwan.png
Gladiator [shield, sword, armor]
FR.gif
Tintin [motorcycle front body and handlebar]
FR.gif
Planet of the Apes [eyeball, ape, bridge, etc]
FR.gif
X-Men Origins: Wolverine [claws on the front and back cover]
FR.gif
The Dark Knight [Orange Batman logo in building left and right side are shinny]
FR.gif
The Thing [The crevasse where the spaceship is showing on the back cover]
CA.gif
Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen [Optimus Prime face and lettering in the front and back cover]
CA.gif
Blade [sword/blade]
CA.gif
The Dark Knight Futureshop [ orange sparkles near the bottom]
CA.gif
The Dark Knight [orange sparkles near the bottom]
CA.gif
Hot Fuzz [Glasses]
Netherlands.png
The Dark Knight [orange sparkles on front plus windows in building]
Netherlands.png
Fast and Furious 5 [ cross with chain, gun, watch]
Netherlands.png
Gladiator (10th Anniversary) [sword, shield and armor]
poland.jpg
Gladiator [sword, shield and armor]
UK.gif
Minority Report [eyeball]
UK.gif
Hurt Locker [bombs on the front cover]
UK.gif
Drive [car]
UK.gif
In Time [time on JT's arm]
UK.gif
Prince Of Persia (Flames around Jake's arm, Necklace, Armour, girl's Dress, etc]
UK.gif
Highlander [Sword]
UK.gif
Paul [big eye's]
AU.gif
Transporter 3 [gun and bracelet on the front cover]
AU.gif
Knowing [flame under the Earth plus the numbers are shinny]
SE.gif
Tron Legacy [original guys clothes]
SE.gif
Priest [weapons]
ES.gif
Twilight Saga - Twilight [eyes]
ES.gif
Twilight Saga - New Moon []
ES.gif
Twilight Saga - Eclipse []
ES.gif
Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn Part 1 []
US.gif
Halo Legend (BestBuy) [ weapon and stripe]
US.gif
Fast Five (BestBuy) [cross chain and gun]
US.gif
Ratatouille [tower and city]
US.gif
A Bug's Life [blue sky]
US.gif
Cars [eyeball and track]
US.gif
Monsters Inc. [monster's eyes and lips in the front, shadow and background in the back]
US.gif
UP [balloons in the front, instruments and bird face in the back]
US.gif
Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn Part 1 [ring in the back cover]
US.gif
A Trip To The Moon [rocket is shiny and so is the immediate background behind the moon]
US.gif
Lord of the Rings trilogy (BestBuy) [surrounded letters]
china.jpg
Let The Bullet Fly [eyeball]

Ironpack Release:
china.jpg
Romeo and Juliet ironpack [armor suit and background candles]
china.jpg
Moulin Rouge ironpack [dress and diamonds on hat]

PS3 GAMES SECTION:

DE.gif
Darkness II [gun and dragon's eye]
UK.gif
Lord of the Rings War in the North - [weapon and helmet]
AU.gif
Transporter 3 [gun and bracelet on the front cover]
US.gif
Call of Duty Black Ops [gun and wrist bracelet]
US.gif
Star Wars The Force Unleased [light saber handle]
US.gif
Assassin's Creed III [weapons]
US.gif
Devil May Cry 4 [claw]
FR.gif
Saint Seiya [armor front and back]

Last edited by a moderator:
EVERY steelbook in the play.com Fox Wave will have some effect where metal shows through. However, its not just bland metal ... as incorporated within it will be the 4 colour print etc. where artistically needed. :scat:

That is awesome news!

Now I can justify to my wife why so many of each of them land on the shelf on June 4th! :D I'm sure she'll understand :ohno:

Reactions: digitalbabe
I just added:

US.gif
Monsters Inc. [monster's eyes and lips in the front, shadow and background in the back]
US.gif
UP [balloons in the front, instruments and bird face in the back]

I will check and confirm tonight after work. Wait, this thread is so happening I might just well skip work on a nice sunny day in the Pacific NW and go home to my steelbooks :hilarious::hilarious:

Sorry for not getting back to this thread sooner but no, IM2 TW does not show any bling effect.

Reactions: MayFlower
Thanks everyone for their contribution.

Because of this list, I found myself buying 2 titles already. I had no intention of buying them, but I have a reason now :)

Which part in the artwork is shiny bling?
The blade. Pun intended. Technically the handle. Although looking at it now, it could be construed as a pseudo effect.

EDIT:The Gladiator Taiwan is also the same steelbook for Poland and Netherlands.

which Tron? which countries? and what part is bling bling?

Tron/ Tron Legacy have some bling bling :)

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I just added Blade.

technically, the Gladiator Taiwan is not the same material used for Poland and Netherthand. They do have similar artwork, but I read that they are different. I need someone who owns it to confirm what part is shiny.

The blade. Pun intended. Technically the handle. Although looking at it now, it could be construed as a pseudo effect.

EDIT:The Gladiator Taiwan is also the same steelbook for Poland and Netherlands.

which Tron? which countries? and what part is bling bling?

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I just added Blade.

technically, the Gladiator Taiwan is not the same material used for Poland and Netherthand. They do have similar artwork, but I read that they are different. I need someone who owns it to confirm what part is shiny.

ApmFiNVCAAMK-0C.jpg

Here is the polish version. Exactly the same.

The complete Reel heroes wave of MediaMarkt got such a shiny effect (Hot Fuzz, Kickass, Hulk, Hellboy 2, Pitch Black, Riddick, Serenity, Scott Pilgrim, Shaun of the dead, Van helsing & wanted)

I need your help to identify the shiny effects for each one. Thanks,

Can anyone else own these series identify the shiny bling effect against a light?

The complete Reel heroes wave of MediaMarkt got such a shiny effect (Hot Fuzz, Kickass, Hulk, Hellboy 2, Pitch Black, Riddick, Serenity, Scott Pilgrim, Shaun of the dead, Van helsing & wanted)

Last edited:
Man so many shiney bling bling steelbooks been mentioned on here that are already in my possession but for some reason I've never spotted these effects before, I tell you I Am color blind lol

I just received I Am Legend 1st Press German steelbook, and no shiny bling effect :)

I was hoping it had some shiny bling effect :(

I believe Indiana Jones FS has the shiney effect around Harrison Ford, I Am Legend German 1st Press one has some nice effect too, you can see Will's shadow & on his right shoulder behind him the biohazard sign... Can anyone double check these two and confirm plz

Last edited:
I just received I Am Legend 1st Press German steelbook, and no shiny bling effect :)

I was hoping it had some shiny bling effect :(
In my eyes it does :hilarious:

Congrats on adding another awesome and rare title to your amazing collection bud :scat:

not sure if anyone has told you bout a trip to the moon yet, but the rocket is shiny and so is the immediate background behind the moon.. it looks like it's some sort of cloud of something, i donno exactly what it's supposed to be, but it's not the whole front cover of the steel...

I think those neon lights at the club is hurting your eyes :D It makes you see everything shiny LOL.

Thanks!

In my eyes it does :hilarious:

Congrats on adding another awesome and rare title to your amazing collection bud :scat:

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

thanks, I just added those info.

Unfortunately, the type of movie and no inside artwork push me away from getting this one. I'm sure many find it interesting.

not sure if anyone has told you bout a trip to the moon yet, but the rocket is shiny and so is the immediate background behind the moon.. it looks like it's some sort of cloud of something, i donno exactly what it's supposed to be, but it's not the whole front cover of the steel...

you don't gotta open it may!

i was the same way, but in the end i was thrilled i pre ordered it

SO happy with the look of the steel, and pretty limited

but like you i'm not interested in the movie inside haha