The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Feb 17, 2011
Release date: October 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon - Zavvi - HMV - Arrow Films (Sold Out)
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £24.99 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi - Hmv)

91fkjH5rswL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not listed by arrow in the description for the steelbook that it includes a booklet

The limited edition box set has an exclusive book so that might be the reason

If any changes in regards to a booklet in the steelbook arrow would post details on facebook
I will ask them if they will include one
Yeah, thats right - i noticed from the get- go there was no mention of a booklet, but didn't really think about it until others started mentioning it. Sometimes i've noticed that if Arrow include a book in a deluxe edition then they'll include a slimmed down ( booklet ) version, of that book, in the next release. But also, both of these releases are limited.........very unusual for Arrow NOT to include booklet in a limited release of theirs.

Reactions: paulboland
Hey, BluSteel2012 - If your pre-order was cancelled, could you please DM us with your order number and we'll take a look. We haven't cancelled any orders.

Same goes for anyone in this thread - Please message us your order number privately and we'll take a look :)
Hey.

No, I'm good. The person earlier in the thread thought you had cancelled his orders but it looks like they were cancelled by someone else through his account or something? :confused:

So my apologies for jumping the gun on that.
Thanks for the reply though :thumbs:

Reactions: zavvi
Hey.

No, I'm good. The person earlier in the thread thought you had cancelled his orders but it looks like they were cancelled by someone else through his account or something? :confused:

So my apologies for jumping the gun on that.
Thanks for the reply though :thumbs:
That was me. Was my fault, not Zavvi's. A few strange things happened with my accounts using that email and pw. I've changed and re-ordered :thumbs:

That was me. Was my fault, not Zavvi's. A few strange things happened with my accounts using that email and pw. I've changed and re-ordered :thumbs:

Did you manage to re order any other items that were cancelled?

Very odd though.

Did you manage to re order any other items that were cancelled?
Very odd though.
I only re-ordered the steelbook from Zavvi, ordered the special edition from Amazon. Yeah, really weird about my account, just happy it has been sorted. A few other weird things went on around the same time in a few of my other log-ins. Anyway, that's enough talk about that! CANNOT wait for this release!! Bravo Arrow.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Arrow confirmed today that the run of Steels would only be 4000. They are increasing the run of the standard Blu-Ray from 4000 to 6000 units.

Reactions: robbodoc
Arrow confirmed today that the run of Steels would only be 4000. They are increasing the run of the standard Blu-Ray from 4000 to 6000 units.
You mean the Limited Edition have been increased to 6000

Standard Blu-ray release has not announced yet but likely will be brought forward for a release by end of the year or early next year

"You mean the Limited Edition have been increased to 6000". Correct. Standard = Non-Steel for this forum. :Looking forward to both!

Shame Arrow are not releasing the 2 disc version that Shout released last year.
Arrow transfer is approved by Dean Cundey (dop) and John Carpenter himself and is bound to be far more satisfactory than the Universal and SF releases.
Shout Factory < Arrow
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, HMV finally in the game although the price being the same as Amazon (for the steelbook) is a bummer.
At least the £19.99 for the boxset will mean a re-think by Amazon and I'm expecting their OTT price of £29.99 to be adjusted post-haste.

Last edited: