The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Feb 17, 2011
Release date: October 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon - Zavvi - HMV - Arrow Films (Sold Out)
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £24.99 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi - Hmv)

91fkjH5rswL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've just ordered the limited edition from Amazon, seems a better complete package than the steel but really annoyed with Zavvi for canceling both my orders.
Yeah, whats all that about?! All i can think of is that they might have oversold on their allocation? I've ordered both, as i think they both look great, but i agree with you - the limited edition i just about prefer over the steelbook.

• Thanks
Reactions: davhyl
Yeah, whats all that about?! All i can think of is that they might have oversold on their allocation? I've ordered both, as i think they both look great, but i agree with you - the limited edition i just about prefer over the steelbook.
I've now ordered through Amazon in case Zavvi screw me over as well.
Something really strange has gone on, I think I've left myself logged in somewhere and my orders were canceled through my account, Zavvi did not cancel them. Don't even know why someone would do that, though. Time to scan for viruses etc and change my pw.

Didn't Amazon charge £24.99 for the burning??
I think they MIGHT have done but only after release day, and also after coming back in stock after they'd previously sold out..........i think? If i remember correctly they were £17.99 initially, but i could be wrong.

Something really strange has gone on, I think I've left myself logged in somewhere and my orders were canceled through my account, Zavvi did not cancel them. Don't even know why someone would do that, though. Time to scan for viruses etc and change my pw.
Yeah, that is odd!!

I thought all Arrow steelbooks and blurays had booklets with them. Shame.
Most times yes a steebook does but not always

Only way to know for sure is when in hand arrow do though usually clearly list if it does include a booklet in product descriptions but it's not listed with this steelbook

Most times yes a steebook does but not always

Only way to know for sure is when in hand arrow do though usually clearly list if it does include a booklet in product descriptions but it's not listed with this steelbook

Seems a shame if not. When I ordered the zavvi listing said booklet included, now it's been removed. So I'm guessing it's not!!

Seems a shame if not. When I ordered the zavvi listing said booklet included, now it's been removed. So I'm guessing it's not!!
Zavvi previous listing had
Steelbook and Limited Edition details

Zavvi previous listing listed the main extras you get on both releases
  • Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative, supervised and approved by director John Carpenter and director of photography Dean Cundey
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
  • Original Mono and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary by John Carpenter and actor Kurt Russell
  • Who Goes There? In Search of The Thing an all-new feature length documentary produced by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures exploring the history of The Thing, from the original novella to John Carpenter's terrifying science fiction classic. Featuring new interviews with the cast and crew, as well as authors, historians, and critics
  • 1982: One Amazing Summer an all-new retrospective documentary produced by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures about the unforgettable films released in the summer of 1982
  • John Carpenter's The Thing: Terror Takes Shape archive documentary on the background and production of the film
  • Vintage Featurettes
  • Outtakes
  • Behind-the-Scenes
  • Trailers, Teasers, TV and Radio Spots
  • Still Galleries

Zavvi had on the steelbook website listing also available with a link to purchase
Limited Edition Blu-ray with exclusive
Poster
Lobby Cards
Book containing new writing on the film

They removed the limited edition details and link from the steelbook listing

That is what you saw in regards to the Book

I think they MIGHT have done but only after release day, and also after coming back in stock after they'd previously sold out..........i think? If i remember correctly they were £17.99 initially, but i could be wrong.
RE: THE BURNING steelbook
Movie Mail was certainly £19.98 - 17.99 + 1.99 P&P (paid on the 23/8/16)
HMV was certainly £17.99 (paid on the 6/10/16)
Amazon could have been £17.99 although I paid £20.30 (also on the 6/10/16)

Find it REALLY hard to believe that Arrow will not include one of their customary skinny booklets inside this steelbook.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C'mon Arrow and allocate a bunch to HMV so they can be bought at the correct price of £17.99 each.

Last edited:
Yeah, bad play by Arrow if they don't put a booklet in there - usually it's at least blu disc plus booklet in their steelbooks, and often times there's a dvd in there as well = more bang for your buck. The burning and driller killer both are dual format steelbooks with booklets...........and were also £17.99.

Yeah, bad play by Arrow if they don't put a booklet in there - usually it's at least blu disc plus booklet in their steelbooks, and often times there's a dvd in there as well = more bang for your buck. The burning and driller killer both are dual format steelbooks with booklets...........and were also £17.99.
It's not listed by arrow in the description for the steelbook that it includes a booklet

The limited edition box set has an exclusive book so that might be the reason

If any changes in regards to a booklet in the steelbook arrow would post details on facebook
I will ask them if they will include one

• Thanks
Reactions: lights and Vegano