The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Feb 17, 2011
Release date: October 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon - Zavvi - HMV - Arrow Films (Sold Out)
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £24.99 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi - Hmv)

91fkjH5rswL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Love Pingu (and Thingu).

Grateful thanks to the stop motion heroes of the past, present (and future) . . . especially Willis O'Brien (known as OB) - KING KONG 1933, Ray Harryhausen - JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS , Jan Svankmajer - ALICE,, Nick Park with his CREATURE COMFORTS and my favourite THE WRONG TROUSERSl, Wes Anderson's FANTASTIC MR. FOX, Henry Sellick's NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS and CORALINE, Tim Burton's CORPSE BRIDE and FRANKENWEENIE and not forgetting the popular TV show TAKE HART from some years back with the marvellous Tony Hart and Morph.
Jimmy Murakami's hybrid WHEN THE WIND BLOWS deserves honourable mention . . . and of course other less famous exponents who have "kept it real" over the years.

Reactions: rj531
Arrow transfer is approved by Dean Cundey (dop) and John Carpenter himself and is bound to be far more satisfactory than the Universal and SF releases.
Shout Factory < Arrow
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, HMV finally in the game although the price being the same as Amazon (for the steelbook) is a bummer.
At least the £19.99 for the boxset will mean a re-think by Amazon and I'm expecting their OTT price of £29.99 to be adjusted post-haste.

Universal HD-DVD transfer was acceptable but they degrained it for the BD-release. SF fixed that but think they Region locked the BD.

...and if HDN are reading this thread, I wish for an App that isn't full of advertising for premium members. :)

few notes,

Ads aren't something that get put up and left alone in one spot in one day as a lot of testing has to be done for optimization. So that's why you may or may not have noticed some changes over the past week. It started strong, now is getting better... One banner is soon to disappear ... fyi .. so fine tuning is happening.

We have 2 apps coming soon (android and iOS)

However having no advertisements for premium members would come at the cost of a yearly subscriber model to off set the loss of the ad rev as the ad rev is significant in keeping this site alive. No ads, no site.

few notes,

Ads aren't something that get put up and left alone in one spot in one day as a lot of testing has to be done for optimization. So that's why you may or may not have noticed some changes over the past week. It started strong, now is getting better... One banner is soon to disappear ... fyi .. so fine tuning is happening.

We have 2 apps coming soon (android and iOS)

However having no advertisements for premium members would come at the cost of a yearly subscriber model to off set the loss of the ad rev as the ad rev is significant in keeping this site alive. No ads, no site.
Im a massive fan of HDN. Massive.

But when we talk about the why we collect, why we debate and discuss, and more importantly why we choose to use HDN, I'll encourage you to take a look a this clip https://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_how_great_leaders_inspire_action/transcript?language=en

It reminds me every day why, in business, I do things.

So happy I noticed amazonUK still had this last week. I prefer Zavvi for my steel book needs but they had sold out. Feelin' kinda lucky. Have it already on steel with green heads but like Jaws this movie is a must have in steel whenever it comes around.

Even better this is a newly approved 4K remaster by the man himself, John Carpenter.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vegano
So happy I noticed amazonUK still had this last week. I prefer Zavvi for my steel book needs but they had sold out. Feelin' kinda lucky. Have it already on steel with green heads but like Jaws this movie is a must have in steel whenever it comes around.
Yeah, i was able to order the steel from Arrow, and i got the other limited version from Amazon, as Arrow were already out of those. Considering there's an extra 2000 of the other limited version, and is apparently unavailable now as well, shows how super fast they were selling. I think both versions will come back on Zavvi and Amazon around release date but will not be around for very long when (if) they do.