Note: No inside art
Purchase here

Pics courtesy of Chipvideo!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

**NOTE - PICTURE BELOW SHOWS CUSTOM INSIDE ART (Pic Thanks to Natombi!) ACTUAL RELEASE IS BLANK ON INSIDE!!

attachment.php

TheThing Front.jpg
TheThing Front Unwrapped.jpg
TheThing Back.jpg
TheThing Spread.jpg
TheThing Horizontal.jpg
The Thing Custom Art.jpg

can someone confirm if this has the same codec and special features that the US BD had please

can someone confirm if this has the same codec and special features that the US BD had please

According to BD Forum they both use the VC-1 codec. Also on a comparison of the special features are the same. Look HERE for the special features from the US version and compare them to this picture.

ThingFR2011Blu-raySteelBook-back2.jpg

Hope that helps. :)

Reactions: bigrob
I really like the look of this one! Wish I would have ordered it..... i pre-ordered the German one and would rather have this one. Oh well.....

For my understanding, you haven't missed the train yet. People are still reporting of getting the Steelbook edition, while ordering via Amazon France.

excuse me but what means "debossed" / "embossed" thanks ;)

Jayce, Embossed means there are raised letters/art/cover
Debossed means there is inset, "stamped in" letters/art/cover

Here is a thread with all the titles that are Embossed/Debossed that we know of.

Hope this helps. Cheers. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
it's not a remake friend

it's a prequel to the 1982 original. I do admit that there are "echos" of JC's original in there

overall i really enjoyed it

does anyone know if we order this from the US and we receive the standard amaray , if we will be able to return/exchange it for another copy without having to pay for shipping to send it back ?

i ordered recently a steelbook from Amazon.de and it arrived damaged, i emailed them about it and they told me to keep the old one and they will send me another copy for free. Does Amazon.fr work the same way ?

does anyone know if we order this from the US and we receive the standard amaray , if we will be able to return/exchange it for another copy without having to pay for shipping to send it back ?

i ordered recently a steelbook from Amazon.de and it arrived damaged, i emailed them about it and they told me to keep the old one and they will send me another copy for free. Does Amazon.fr work the same way ?

It's not listed as a steelbook, so if you get an amaray and want to send it back, they may make you pay for return shipping. If it was listed as a steelbook, and they sent you an amaray, they would probably send you a steelbook free of charge and let you keep the amaray. It seems that most people who ordered did get a steelbook though, but it's been out for a little now. Not sure how much steelbook stock they have left of this. Good luck!

It's not listed as a steelbook, so if you get an amaray and want to send it back, they may make you pay for return shipping. If it was listed as a steelbook, and they sent you an amaray, they would probably send you a steelbook free of charge and let you keep the amaray. It seems that most people who ordered did get a steelbook though, but it's been out for a little now. Not sure how much steelbook stock they have left of this. Good luck!

haha i hate this im thinking i might just have to buy it off someone from eBay