Completed The Walking Dead (Season 11) [AMC]

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
Season 7 :twd:

TWD S7 Banner.jpg

This is right up my alley and looks pretty cool.

wd.jpg

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC has greenlit The Walking Dead as a six-episode series based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. The Walking Dead tells the story of life following a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, traveling in search of a safe and secure home. Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually, Teachers, Strike Back) will portray the lead role of Rick Grimes while actor Jon Bernthal (The Pacific, The Ghost Writer) will portray the character Shane, who worked with Rick in the police department before the zombie disaster. Other cast includes Laurie Holden (The Shield), who plays Andrea, one of two sisters who join the survivors of the zombie plague, Steven Yeun as Glenn, an expert scavenger and Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break), who plays Rick's wife Lori.

The Walking Dead begins production in June in Atlanta with six, one-hour episodes for season one. The series is set to premiere in October 2010 during AMC Fearfest, the network's annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films. AMC announced development of The Walking Dead in August 2009 and announced the pilot in January of this year.

About the Producers
Robert Kirkman serves as an executive producer on the project and three-time Academy Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) serves as writer, director and executive producer. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk), chairman of Valhalla Motion Pictures, serves as Executive Producer. David Alpert from Circle of Confusion serves as Executive Producer. Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter, The Shield, Dark Angel) will also serve as Executive Producer, and Jack LoGiudice (Sons of Anarchy, Resurrection Blvd) will serve as Co-Executive Producer.

"AMC strives to make original shows that play like movies and The Walking Dead is a perfect complement to the network’s celebrated movie franchise, Fearfest, which has always been an important destination for our audience," said Charlie Collier, AMC President. "With its depth of story and the remarkable talent attached, The Walking Dead gives us an opportunity to raise the bar significantly within this popular genre, and continue our commitment to being the home of premium programming on basic cable."

"The Walking Dead is that rare piece of material that plays on many levels," says Joel Stillerman, Senior Vice President of Programming, Production and Digital Content. "Kirkman's series brilliantly captures the social commentary and ongoing human drama of the zombie apocalypse; and let's us kick a little zombie you-know-what from time to time."

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the best part of this series - following the characters to find out if they will meet a group like them. Maybe they never will?

I doubt they ever will, like you stated it would not be a show unless there was some kind of constant conflict.

What a great season so far. The writing has improved a lot.
I really liked how the show tried to justify the woman cop's 'methods' and the parallel's to how society works/worked.
She's still a mentalist though lol
I doubt they ever will, like you stated it would not be a show unless there was some kind of constant conflict.
Yep, all those episodes at Herschel's farm proved that. I didn't mind them, but they obviously weren't as good as what's happening this season.

Rover

I just didnt care for an episode with just her by her self with the n00b cast. Not that they were bad actors, but just wasnt my style. Much prefer when I see my fav characters .

I will admit I was not as engaged with the episode as I have been with the past ones so far this season. I was kinda going back and forth packign stuff. So I may have missed something cause up above @ocielz said "cliffhanger" and I dont know what he meant by that ... so I wonder if I missed a twist.

Reactions: rover and ocielz
Can they ever come across another group that is not crazy!?!

That is the best part of this series - following the characters to find out if they will meet a group like them. Maybe they never will?

But realistically how crazy is Ricks group, they are more normal but have done things!

Just finished watching Talking Dead, I can't believe they gave everybody in the audience a walking dead guitar.

I know I was like wtf, not that I can play but me likey @spawnshop did you see that

I just didnt care for an episode with just her by her self with the n00b cast. Not that they were bad actors, but just wasnt my style. Much prefer when I see my fav characters .

I will admit I was not as engaged with the episode as I have been with the past ones so far this season. I was kinda going back and forth packign stuff. So I may have missed something cause up above @ocielz said "cliffhanger" and I dont know what he meant by that ... so I wonder if I missed a twist.

I really liked this episode and there were Governor episodes that did not have Rick and Co so I am OK with this. Maybe this is a set up for the spinoff?

You might've missed that Carol ended up at the hospital. So Daryl is probably meeting up with Rick with young Chris Rock.
I get you. The episode would've been more effective if the main group actually remembered Beth .. at least her sister could lol. Daryl is probably the only one who cares and that will link the main story with Slabtown in episode 6.
But I still enjoyed it because it continues the main theme of the season and had some good character development.
By Walking Dead standards, it was good.

Rover

Reactions: ocielz
But realistically how crazy is Ricks group, they are more normal but have done things!

I know I was like wtf, not that I can play but me likey @spawnshop did you see that

I see your point on Rick and the others, but I also feel they have done some of those things out of necessity, they generally do try to help others they come across, albeit with a necessary gauge of caution.

I would like to have one just to hang on the wall, here's the link to their shop. I like Rotting Corpse, The Woods, Triptych and the one from the show last night.

Walking Dead Guitars

Last edited:
You might've missed that Carol ended up at the hospital. So Daryl is probably meeting up with Rick with young Chris Rock.
I get you. The episode would've been more effective if the main group actually remembered Beth .. at least her sister could lol. Daryl is probably the only one who cares and that will link the main story with Slabtown in episode 6.
But I still enjoyed it because it continues the main theme of the season and had some good character development.
By Walking Dead standards, it was good.

Rover

Yeah I enjoyed the episode as well, but was a little disappointed about leaving the cliffhanger with Daryl from the previous week unresolved. But I like it sometimes when they branch off from the main characters, but I see some of the other posters points, I think if it was a stronger character then Beth such as Daryl, people would have probably got into more. I think Emily Kinney did a great job carrying the episode on her on though, I really like seeing her grow from the troubled teenager from the farm, into somebody now that can take care of herself.

Reactions: rover