Completed The Walking Dead (Season 11) [AMC]

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
Season 7 :twd:

TWD S7 Banner.jpg

This is right up my alley and looks pretty cool.

wd.jpg

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC has greenlit The Walking Dead as a six-episode series based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. The Walking Dead tells the story of life following a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, traveling in search of a safe and secure home. Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually, Teachers, Strike Back) will portray the lead role of Rick Grimes while actor Jon Bernthal (The Pacific, The Ghost Writer) will portray the character Shane, who worked with Rick in the police department before the zombie disaster. Other cast includes Laurie Holden (The Shield), who plays Andrea, one of two sisters who join the survivors of the zombie plague, Steven Yeun as Glenn, an expert scavenger and Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break), who plays Rick's wife Lori.

The Walking Dead begins production in June in Atlanta with six, one-hour episodes for season one. The series is set to premiere in October 2010 during AMC Fearfest, the network's annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films. AMC announced development of The Walking Dead in August 2009 and announced the pilot in January of this year.

About the Producers
Robert Kirkman serves as an executive producer on the project and three-time Academy Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) serves as writer, director and executive producer. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk), chairman of Valhalla Motion Pictures, serves as Executive Producer. David Alpert from Circle of Confusion serves as Executive Producer. Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter, The Shield, Dark Angel) will also serve as Executive Producer, and Jack LoGiudice (Sons of Anarchy, Resurrection Blvd) will serve as Co-Executive Producer.

"AMC strives to make original shows that play like movies and The Walking Dead is a perfect complement to the network’s celebrated movie franchise, Fearfest, which has always been an important destination for our audience," said Charlie Collier, AMC President. "With its depth of story and the remarkable talent attached, The Walking Dead gives us an opportunity to raise the bar significantly within this popular genre, and continue our commitment to being the home of premium programming on basic cable."

"The Walking Dead is that rare piece of material that plays on many levels," says Joel Stillerman, Senior Vice President of Programming, Production and Digital Content. "Kirkman's series brilliantly captures the social commentary and ongoing human drama of the zombie apocalypse; and let's us kick a little zombie you-know-what from time to time."

Last edited by a moderator:
But it appears there is overlap in the timeframe. I think what is going on with Beth is going on at the same time as with the Hunters and ricks group, cause remember Daryl and Carol leave during that time

Yeah I enjoyed the episode as well, but was a little disappointed about leaving the cliffhanger with Daryl from the previous week unresolved. But I like it sometimes when they branch off from the main characters, but I see some of the other posters points, I think if it was a stronger character then Beth, such as Daryl people would have probably got into more. I think Emily Kinney did a great job carrying the episode on her on though, I really like seeing her grow from the troubled teenager from the farm, into somebody how can take care of herself.
What sucks about that cliffhanger is that I don't think we get back with Rick until Episode 6! Now I wish they had moved it to the pre-credits scene of this week's episode or Episode 6.
Yeh, my thoughts on Beth and the actor are the same as yours. She held the episode by herself remarkably. Hopefully, we see her turn into like Carol 2.0.
And I think that's what the show has to keep doing .. introducing characters, having character growth or killing them. I don't think we can have Rick and co. going around in circles for 10 seasons.

Rover

Reactions: cbs777
But it appears there is overlap in the timeframe. I think what is going on with Beth is going on at the same time as with the Hunters and ricks group, cause remember Daryl and Carol leave during that time

This is true, the storyline for Beth is going on at the same time as The Hunter/Termites storyline. Time isn't moving forward until Daryl gets back to the Church and Rejoins Rick.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx with young Chris Rock.
I get you. The episode would've been more effective if the main group actually remembered Beth .. at least her sister could lol. Daryl is probably the only one who cares and that will link the main story with Slabtown in episode 6.
But I still enjoyed it because it continues the main theme of the season and had some good character development.
By Walking Dead standards, it was good.

Rover
@rover : young Chris Rock :hilarious:

Yeah, wonder when we see HIM again and If...

But also a bit unsure know WHY she (well, the one at the very end ;)) came there and WHEN that happened!?!
Curious to see the next Episode and hopefully i will know THEN and not in Episode 7 or 8 or even only in the 2nd half of Season 5 :ohno:

Reactions: rover
@ocielz Best scene of the episode? :hilarious:
I'll be the first to say it but a pretty mediocre 5th episode.
There was some good stuff like the action scenes which TWD always does well, the 'building the base' montage and the reveal at the end (pretty obvious coming from a scientist :p).
But nothing happened narratively until the last 2 minutes. The flashbacks were awful (see Orange is the New Black to see how it's done). You only needed the last flashback to understand all of Abraham's backstory, then roll into opening credits.
Sometimes .. TWD can be very frustrating.
But I'll be back next week.

Rover

Reactions: ocielz
the walking dead is seriously a love hate relationship. Sometimes its the love of your life and cant live without it, sometimes your indifferent and sometimes you want to just bash her brains in... and all this happens within an hour :wtf:

but like always and like most people, ill be back for more :happy:

Hmm .. I think the writers want us to believe that there's been some time between young Chris Rock escaping the hospital and Carol arriving in the hospital. Maybe it's a few hours, or a few days.
You're not stupid .. it's the writers/directors that are stupid lol

I want to ask you .. what's up with the flashbacks? What do you think was the point of them this week?
I didn't like them last week; don't like them this week.
They could've combined the last 2 episodes into 1 and done some cool editing with how young Chris Rock leaves the hospital and meets Daryl/Carol.

Reactions: MK50
Hmm .. I think the writers want us to believe that there's been some time between young Chris Rock escaping the hospital and Carol arriving in the hospital. Maybe it's a few hours, or a few days.
You're not stupid .. it's the writers/directors that are stupid lol

I want to ask you .. what's up with the flashbacks? What do you think was the point of them this week?
I didn't like them last week; don't like them this week.
They could've combined the last 2 episodes into 1 and done some cool editing with how young Chris Rock leaves the hospital and meets Daryl/Carol.

SORRY, CAN NOT INSERT SPOILERS :-( SO DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED EPISODES 5 and 6 YET!!!

Think most of the Flashbacks are to give us an idea where Carol was after Rick told her she can not be with them anymore!
But also not sure WHY we need to know that :-/
BUT still, young CR just made it through the fence in front of the Hospital when they entered the parking there with injured Carol???
Maybe it took them a few days to bring Carol there after the car accident as young CR was away from the Hospital before if i am right...

Think the Flashbacks of this last episodes were ok, but the other Flashbacks of last week :-( Only the very last with Eugene meeting up with him was ok...
Still looking forward to the final two episodes of the first half :)

Think most of the Flashbacks are to give us an idea where Carol was after Rick told her she can not be with them anymore!
But also not sure WHY we need to know that :-/
BUT still, young CR just made it through the fence in front of the Hospital when they entered the parking there with injured Carol???
Maybe it took them a few days to bring Carol there after the car accident as young CR was away from the Hospital before if i am right...
Think the Flashbacks of this last episodes were ok, but the other Flashbacks of last week :-( Only the very last with Eugene meeting up with him was ok...
Still looking forward to the final two episodes of the first half :)
Yep, me too. It's time for some action-filled episodes now.
I think the flashbacks have to do with the theme of this season, which is examining what kind of person it takes to survive the zombie world.
The characters live and die by the rules/morals they establish. If someone comes around that doesn't like your rules, it leads to conflict. Almost like real life ;)
Like with Carol, we know she's heaps strong because we see her surviving by herself in the flashbacks. Then we see how she wanted to shoot young CR when he was running away but Daryl stopped her. I think she realises that her 'rules' are different to Rick's group, so she knows she can't stay with the group because it'll lead to some kind of conflict later on. That's why she wants to leave.
It's a really good idea but I feel that the writing/directing isn't doing a good job of telling us clearly.

Reactions: MK50
I really enjoyed tonights episode! :thumbs: I just can't believe the mid-season finale is upon us! :( :banghead:

NOOOO!.jpg

Next Sunday I'm gonna treat myself to some more ZOMBIE Wings! :twd: :chicken: :D