Completed The Walking Dead (Season 11) [AMC]

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
Season 7 :twd:

TWD S7 Banner.jpg

This is right up my alley and looks pretty cool.

wd.jpg

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC has greenlit The Walking Dead as a six-episode series based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. The Walking Dead tells the story of life following a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, traveling in search of a safe and secure home. Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually, Teachers, Strike Back) will portray the lead role of Rick Grimes while actor Jon Bernthal (The Pacific, The Ghost Writer) will portray the character Shane, who worked with Rick in the police department before the zombie disaster. Other cast includes Laurie Holden (The Shield), who plays Andrea, one of two sisters who join the survivors of the zombie plague, Steven Yeun as Glenn, an expert scavenger and Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break), who plays Rick's wife Lori.

The Walking Dead begins production in June in Atlanta with six, one-hour episodes for season one. The series is set to premiere in October 2010 during AMC Fearfest, the network's annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films. AMC announced development of The Walking Dead in August 2009 and announced the pilot in January of this year.

About the Producers
Robert Kirkman serves as an executive producer on the project and three-time Academy Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) serves as writer, director and executive producer. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk), chairman of Valhalla Motion Pictures, serves as Executive Producer. David Alpert from Circle of Confusion serves as Executive Producer. Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter, The Shield, Dark Angel) will also serve as Executive Producer, and Jack LoGiudice (Sons of Anarchy, Resurrection Blvd) will serve as Co-Executive Producer.

"AMC strives to make original shows that play like movies and The Walking Dead is a perfect complement to the network’s celebrated movie franchise, Fearfest, which has always been an important destination for our audience," said Charlie Collier, AMC President. "With its depth of story and the remarkable talent attached, The Walking Dead gives us an opportunity to raise the bar significantly within this popular genre, and continue our commitment to being the home of premium programming on basic cable."

"The Walking Dead is that rare piece of material that plays on many levels," says Joel Stillerman, Senior Vice President of Programming, Production and Digital Content. "Kirkman's series brilliantly captures the social commentary and ongoing human drama of the zombie apocalypse; and let's us kick a little zombie you-know-what from time to time."

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't watch TWD anymore, but if I did, I'd be pretty pissed with AMC for spoiling the episode on Facebook less than 5 minutes after it was over. Let me chime in since I now know what happened, though:

I guess offing a Greene is becoming a mid-season tradition, eh? Hopefully Maggie watches her back during the mid-season finale of Season 6.

you cannot be a moral center and survive, though I do not understand why Beth's character took that initiative to stab Dawn and not leave it to Darryl or Rick to sort out. I mean the trade was done peacefully up to that point and I think it could have been completed peacefully afterwards.

I assumed she put the scissors in case the trade went bad. Better than randomly killed by a walker but really a pointless death imo

As to AMC Spoiling it, I had no idea as I typically stay away from social media during shows like that. Half my feed is Walking Dead or Star Wars trailer reactions or posts about episode seven

Great episode last night!

That's a big reason I stay away from social media on any show. I stopped Following Sons of Anarchy and any Actor from the show. LIKE them but don't follow. TWD is the only show I watch when it airs and all others I wait till they are release on Blu.

Oh yeah, also SHOCKED that
Beth got killed

And also not sure what will happen with
Morgan now...
He looked like an "easy" Guy at the end... walking around, laughing and thinking... till he sees
that one Name he knows there: Rick Grimes
:wow: :confused: The wait is soo LOOOOOOONG now till the second half of S5 is on air!!!

Beth stabbing Dawn was one of the biggest WTF moments in the series history. I mean, what was the point other than to spark a to the death shootout.

There was some brilliant acting in it the reactions to Beth's death was just spot on. But my god Tyreese is so annoying I swear he messes up everything.

That was a great mid-season finale; surprisingly well directed for an episode of TWD. Almost everything made sense and the action was good as well.
It's great to see Rick acting bad-ass and morphing into this series' Walter White.
But the final scene of Maggie crying almost broke the episode for me. So the showrunners expected us to care about Maggie after she's done nothing all season, didn't even remember she had a sister until like 10 minutes ago and is only serving the function of Glenn's GF/wife. I hope Lauren Cohen can move on because she has way too much talent to be stuck in a crap role like this.
There was some brilliant acting in it the reactions to Beth's death was just spot on. But my god Tyreese is so annoying I swear he messes up everything.
Sorry, how did Tyreese mess up? I think I missed that.

AMC has debuted a new video for the remaining 8 episode of “The Walking Dead” with the cast and crew teasing what we can expect from the characters and storylines.

*SPOILERS in the Video*

popcorn2.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: PunkNinja and rover
Sorry, how did Tyreese mess up? I think I missed that.

I think, we , the comic book readers were expecting a badass Tyreese but the show version is just a wimp. They put him to babysit Little Ass kicker and doesn't want to hurt anyone(-____-)
In the comics he was Rick's right hand man and a good leader that butted heads with Rick. I was looking forward to seeing Ty on the show but not like this........not like this :'(

Reactions: Jace88
I think, we , the comic book readers were expecting a badass Tyreese but the show version is just a wimp. They put him to babysit Little Ass kicker and doesn't want to hurt anyone(-____-)
In the comics he was Rick's right hand man and a good leader that butted heads with Rick. I was looking forward to seeing Ty on the show but not like this........not like this :'(
Right. I haven't read the comics, but I've heard that Tyreese is meant to be more badass. Like at the beginning of the season, why didn't he kill that Terminite who threatened baby Judith?! lol
I guess at the moment, Daryl is sort of playing that role. Maybe if things change later in the show, Tyreese will take over that role.

Rover

Reactions: ocielz
I think they will get to.....
Alexandria some time soon.....there are teasers for a "wall" of some sort. /

I think they will get to.....
Alexandria some time soon.....there are teasers for a "wall" of some sort. /

Yep I can see them going the same approach as season 2
with death (s) in final episode then the quote of, "where next.." with Alexandria in the background (similiar to how they showed the prison).

Or they could get to Alexandria within 2/3 episodes then end the season with teaser to next big villian ...

Reactions: spawnshop
yeah. my thought is
they get to Alexandria, and season finale is intro of Ezekiel.....season 6 will be next villain [Spoiler/]