The Wicker Man (1973) - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 17, 2023
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $21.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

Wicker Man Best Buy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lionsgate release in USA

StudioCanal licence their releases to Lionsgate in USA

No info yet on artwork or disc extras

Should be same 4K remaster as StudioCanal if lionsgate release has any difference will be encoding

This is half the price as the upcoming U.K. 4K release lol

Same or different art? Sure different for that price, or less discs than the U.K.?
steelbook pricing is just arbitrary at this point.. theres literally nothing in the uk release that justifies the difference.. and its almost 2,5x the price..

Reactions: goufcustom
This is half the price as the upcoming U.K. 4K release lol

Same or different art? Sure different for that price, or less discs than the U.K.?
I'm willing to bet it'll be a lionsgate PET release, with different art to the UK. Less discs too. This will probably be the final cut only, like the last lionsgate release. 1 4K and 1 blu-ray.

Nice. So the UK 4K collectors edition art. I do like it, personally I really like the studiocanal 4k steel artwork even more though.

I think this artwork is just trying to cash in on Midsommars success. It's very similar with that lady wearing the flowers and all.

I watched the movie recently and I don't remember that lady/imagery getting a lot of screen time to be honest.