The Wicker Man (1973) - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 17, 2023
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $21.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

Wicker Man Best Buy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
USA release is just The Final Cut that's why is lot cheaper than UK

2 Discs
4K UHD and Blu-ray
  • NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THE FINAL CUT OF THE FILM
  • DOLBY VISION/HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
  • Revisiting the Locations
  • The Wicker Man at 50
  • Robin Hardy's Script: The Lost Ending
  • Britt Ekland Interview
  • Behind-the-Scenes Gallery
  • Wicker Man Enigma
  • Burnt Offering: The Cult of The Wicker Man
  • Interview with Robin Hardy and Christopher Lee (1979)
  • Worshipping The Wicker Man
  • The Music of The Wicker Man
  • Interview with Robin Hardy (2013)
  • Trailers
  • Restoraiton comparison
  • Optional English, English SDH, and Spanish subtitles for the main feature

Wicker Man Best Buy.jpg

Reactions: milky
USA release is just The Final Cut that's why is lot cheaper than UK

2 Discs
4K UHD and Blu-ray
  • NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THE FINAL CUT OF THE FILM
  • DOLBY VISION/HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
  • Revisiting the Locations
  • The Wicker Man at 50
  • Robin Hardy's Script: The Lost Ending
  • Britt Ekland Interview
  • Behind-the-Scenes Gallery
  • Wicker Man Enigma
  • Burnt Offering: The Cult of The Wicker Man
  • Interview with Robin Hardy and Christopher Lee (1979)
  • Worshipping The Wicker Man
  • The Music of The Wicker Man
  • Interview with Robin Hardy (2013)
  • Trailers
  • Restoraiton comparison
  • Optional English, English SDH, and Spanish subtitles for the main feature

View attachment 561793
come on, the uk edition is over 50USD with current exchange rates.. you think the extra cut is worth 2,5 the price? and what about the extra slipcover you get with the US.. theres no defending imo

come on, the uk edition is over 50USD with current exchange rates.. you think the extra cut is worth 2,5 the price? and what about the extra slipcover you get with the US.. theres no defending imo
UK SteelBook has 3 cuts of the film all in 4K
The Final Cut /Theatrical Cut/Director's Cut
4 Discs (2 x UHD and 2 x Blu-ray)

UK SteelBook artwork is better

UK SteelBook has 3 cuts of the film all in 4K
The Final Cut / Theatrical Cut/Director's Cut
4 Discs (2 x UHD and 2 x Blu-ray)

UK SteelBook artwork is better
the artwork isnt objectively better lol.. if anything people sway towards this edition and those liongates are usually a much much nicer package visually than any uk counterpart (slip design+finish)

as for the extra cuts on one extra disc (extra blu ray is kinda obsolete): yeah, no thank you for 30$ extra.. but i understand youre very interested in alternate cuts and a complete package, so maybe it makes more sense to you

I like both but I do think the U.K. art is better imo. Uses the colours I like most too
*you* think that its better *imo*.. thats fair enough.. i dont.. and its a valid point to assume the us one will have nicer finish and a more intricate design with the slipcover, so i dont see a reason to charge more for subjectively better art.. that was my whole point

I pre-ordered this a couple months ago and just had the order cost refunded, with no notification about it from BB (saw the credit on my card transactions). The listing page for this steelbook on their site now says "Coming Soon" rather than "Pre-order", which is both odd and not a good sign for it actually being released. Since they announced they're phasing out all physical media soon, I'm thinking they just canceled this release entirely. Either that or it didn't sell enough to justify the release actually happening.

I pre-ordered this a couple months ago and just had the order cost refunded, with no notification about it from BB (saw the credit on my card transactions). The listing page for this steelbook on their site now says "Coming Soon" rather than "Pre-order", which is both odd and not a good sign for it actually being released. Since they announced they're phasing out all physical media soon, I'm thinking they just canceled this release entirely. Either that or it didn't sell enough to justify the release actually happening.
There were in-hands copies of this sold on ebay already, so no it will be released and people started receiving them already

Just checked, and it’s available to order for me. I suspect they didn’t have enough copies in your distribution region, so your order got cancelled and that’s why it’s not allowing you to order more

Wow, thanks for the follow up. And that's some serious BS. I don't see why where I'm located would make any difference since items could be shipped from anywhere. It wasn't even supposed to be released until the 17th anyway, so I'm wondering how people are already receiving them. I'm gonna be pissed if I can't get one because of this and it sells out (though I'd be kinda surprised about that).

Where are you located that you are able to order one, if you don't mind saying?

Lionsgate are phasing out physical media??

Wow, thanks for the follow up. And that's some serious BS. I don't see why where I'm located would make any difference since items could be shipped from anywhere. It wasn't even supposed to be released until the 17th anyway, so I'm wondering how people are already receiving them. I'm gonna be pissed if I can't get one because of this and it sells out (though I'd be kinda surprised about that).

Where are you located that you are able to order one, if you don't mind saying?
They have different distribution localities, so not everything can be shipped everywhere. I’m located near NYC. Very often I’m not able to order some steelbooks, while my friends are able to order them in Florida or West Coast etc.

It’s not uncommon that pre-orders are days early, so they arrive before a release date. Been happening for years

Pretty sure that Lionsgate will continue milking this ca$h cow with a different retailer. Remember that lead time for any steelbook release is months, but that doesn't mean a distributor can't shift the other to another retailer that wants in.

Plausibly, here's another thought...I remember how record shops / small media retailers - like in my area Bull Moose, could get a sub allocation of a steelbook if it's considered trade wide....but they could also do something like how they'll do
an "indie store exclusive" for vinyl.

Despite these big retailers dropping physical media, the demand is there, we know it is.

Reactions: Lutzo