The Wizard of Oz (75th Anniversary) (2D + 3D Blu-ray FuturePak) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 1st, 2013
Buy Link: Bestbuy.com
Amazon.com (Release date Nov 25,2014)

945755_10153080164605573_1187913231_n.jpg

Actual pictures (courtesy of urbeenjammin):

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 248
Last edited by a moderator:
Its wb so i wouldnt expect much. Wb releases have sucked in the us so far.

Apart from the waves which I agree are not up to par at all, individual releases have been superb in the USA.

Wrath of the Titans 3D BestBuy
Sucker Punch ComicCon
Halo Legends BestBuy
Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows BestBuy Exclusive
Green Lantern BestBuy G1
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 1 FYE
The Dark Knight Rises BestBuy
V The complete Season 1 BestBuy

Almost forgot Smallville the complete 8th season Metal slipcase BB exclusive.

They can do the job on individual releases ;)

Last edited:
An American classic one gets it's own release. People are discussing something you have not even seen, some doesn't even have the equipment. For example, the 3D conversion of The Lion King and others whose intention was not created for that format and they look great. Always be logical to get a 3D version and not pay the price ..... For me will be an excellent purchase and in Steelbook better yet. Hope the art in a full gloss.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigducknfish
If the 3d conversion is anything like Jurassic Park then this could be really cool. Having said that, I'm not really into this movie and would prefer a steel of this year's prequel.

Last edited:
Apart from the waves which I agree are not up to par at all, individual releases have been superb in the USA.

Wrath of the Titans 3D BestBuy
Sucker Punch ComicCon
Halo Legends BestBuy
Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows BestBuy Exclusive
Green Lantern BestBuy G1
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 1 FYE
The Dark Knight Rises BestBuy
V The complete Season 1 BestBuy

Almost forgot Smallville the complete 8th season Metal slipcase BB exclusive.

They can do the job on individual releases ;)

Yes the price suggests that this will get a decent Steelbook and won't be a bargain bin Steelbook like those from the Warner waves. Even some of those were decent and it's not as if Warner are incapable of releasing nice Steelbooks (as you have shown above), so I think this could turn out really nice.

My wife does not like the idea of ​​spending money on steelbooks.....but the all-time favorite to hers is TWoOZ...rapidly told her about this one on 3D she said "I don't care, but you find the way to get this one to me..

Reactions: Nyrvana
I can't expect much of a different cover for what it is. But I won't be purchasing this.

It IS 3D, and 3D is Gimmicky to begin with, so the cartoon look I see being normal.

My wife does not like the idea of ​​spending money on steelbooks.....but the all-time favorite to hers is TWoOZ...rapidly told her about this one on 3D she said "I don't care, but you find the way to get this one to me..

Funny how their opinions change when it's something they want! I'm hoping this one somehow gets released in Canada as well.

I wish they would stop printing "3D" on the flippin steelbook. Please just put it on the info card! How difficult is it for them to understand that they are alienating all the 2D only collectors by making a permanent 3D steelbook without a 2D only version as an option.

One of the only releases I have ever seen that did it right is the Transformers Dark of the Moon. They did a lot right with that one. First of all they offered 2D only version. But even without that, the 3D version had no mention of 3D on the steelbook, so 2D only collectors could at least just sell off the 3D disc :thumbs: