The Wizard of Oz (75th Anniversary) (2D + 3D Blu-ray FuturePak) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 1st, 2013
Buy Link: Bestbuy.com
Amazon.com (Release date Nov 25,2014)

945755_10153080164605573_1187913231_n.jpg

Actual pictures (courtesy of urbeenjammin):

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 244
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna buy this :thumbs: I just don't like the "3D" on the cover :angry:

Still no damn link? What store is gonna sell this? :wtf:

Based on the way Wally World provided information about The Man of Steel preorders and no one knew (and really still do not) what they were actually buying, I would say this pretty much has to be a Wal-Mart exclusive.

Releasing in a week and a half without a word? CHECK!

Thanks Wal-Mart!

According to the ad bainbridge posted on BD, it looks like BB is getting a collectible case that looks like a SB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird. Wal-Mart had a listing for an exclusive as well so I thought it would be carrying the steelbook.

If I had the Futureshop steel I definitely wouldn't get this edition cover-wise. I'm getting the Ultimate release though, I really wanted to the first time around and the 3D with the re-release combined with everything else gives me an incentive to sell my current copy to plunge in.

Yeah and it's listed at $30...WOW... is it worth it???
I'm curious why it's not described as a "steelbook" in the ad.is it possible that it could be a future pack (metalpak) or some new metallic case... I remember a few years ago when we were introduced to the viva metal box at best buy.

Last edited:
I'm told no steelbook!

Something new then? Or probably a Metlpak then. We'll find out within 2 weeks then. We need our best buy "spies" to uncover the secrecy about this release.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

BRAND NEW/FACTORY SEALED BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE WITH COLLECTIBLE CASE

As it's listed on eBay ....???

No, as listed on best buy's ad directly.

just confirmed as a Metalpak from BR forum.
This is depressing news. I've never liked the Canadian Steelbook artwork for this movie and although this artwork was still far from perfect (I agree with lolwut that a movie like this deserves a classier treatment [namely that horrible, cheesy font],) it was a step in the right direction and I was up for buying this US release... until now. I hate Metalpaks SO MUCH. In my opinion, they're the worst metal packaging out there! They dent incredibly easy, the spines look like crap, and finding a copy that's in good shape ON RELEASE DAY is near impossible! Ugh, I'm so sick of these movie studios going the cheap route with their collectible releases just so it'll pad their pockets. Sorry for ranting, but this is so infuriating!