The Wolverine (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

I'd say go for it. Its a nice popcorn flick which could have been awesome showing at least some more blood (but thats just my preferrence)

You cant go wrong with it. Way better than #1 imho.

And for the steel. Yeah it should have been white or some light yellow to llok like some sort of ancient japanese paper - but ok. Now its adamantium colored - fits the plot very well ^^

Rang my local HMV had sold 5 already but around 40 left, was going to pop in on my lunch break but it was raining so going in tomorrow, they've told me I should be ok but not to leave it any later

Just got back from picking my copy up, only a couple of steelbooks alongside the dvd and amaray Blu's on the 'new release' section, none at all in with the regular A-Z bluray section, but a big box full behind the counter which my preordered copy was taken from. So either they have yet to put the majority of the stock onto the shelves or the lions share of the copies have been pre ordered ...either way Ive got mine so Im happy

Yes its grey and not white/cream but in my experience of white steelbooks the paint finish always looks a bit odd so Im happy with the brushed silver look and silver 'claws'

gonna watch the extended cut now...might as well make use of my day off work :D

Picked up mine today, they had tons in stock at Canary Warf. The steel itself looks really nice, especially likel the rain splashing down in the back cover.

Just been in Hmv Plymouth to buy one for an Xmas present. They had about half a dozen copies on display £22.99 also got Pacific Rim for £17.99

Behind the counter for €39.99!!!!

how can they justify the price, it would be cheaper the get a fellow ninja in the UK to pick up 1 and pay for shipping....

Totally agree. Definitely wouldn't hand over €40 for it.

They won't sell out in Ireland for that price and might be able to pick one up after Christmas for half that.

Reactions: Snollygoster
There were only 3 in my local HMV EEK!. Managed to get a nice minty one :) :

photo44.jpg

Oh and I saw loads of the Avatar steel on the shelves, still at £9.99 if anyones interested :thumbs:

Edit: Wow, just reading the posts from the Irish peeps, can't believe how badly you get shafted with the prices :(

Last edited:
Reactions: BluRoo98
how can they justify the price, it would be cheaper the get a fellow ninja in the UK to pick up 1 and pay for shipping....

Group Buy price works out the same when sterling converted to Euro
Group Buy price £32 Sterling EU Delivery
£32 Sterling = €38.20 Min may be more

Yes its expensive HMV Ireland
I have contacted them to explain to me why its €39.99
as I think price should be only €29.99 and that's taking into account Vat/Exchange Rate difference for Rep of Ireland

Group Buy price works out the same when sterling converted to Euro
Group Buy price £32 Sterling EU Delivery
£32 Sterling = €38.20 Min may be more

Yes its expensive HMV Ireland
I have contacted them to explain to me why its €39.99
as I think price should be only €29.99 and that's taking into account Vat/Exchange Rate difference for Rep of Ireland

The 3D amaray is €27.99 do it shouldn't be much more than that

Got a couple from the guildford store this morning. Had already paid £5 deposit on each and they had mis labeled the price on the shelf only had to pay £14.99 each today. Was happy with that.had to go straight to work so not even looked at them yet!