Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 20th, 2013
Purchase link: Amazon.it
Price: EUR 28.59
The pack consists of 3 discs.
- 1 Blu-ray 3D version of the film cinematrografica
- 1 2D Blu-ray disc with the extended version of the film (Extended Edition) and audio commentary by director
- 1 2D Blu-ray disc with the film version of the film + extras

91yzGafddXL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I pre-ordered mine and also added two other Steels The Interpreter & Twilight and used the code AGOSTO13 and got 30% off The Interpreter & Twilight V.A.T. Deducted also all in one package so Shipping charges for all 3 to Bahrain came to EUR 15.70 but have to wait till release date of Wolverine for all to ship together. Not bad!!

If this follows the Life of Pi route which was released by FOX then HMV will price this at 21.99 in-store but being an exclusive they can play around with the pricing. If this is priced 21.99 or under I think this will be the version to purchase.

mosts French cinemas are showing dubbed films?

That's not really true. Some small cinemas may only show dubbed versions of the biggest films, that happens. Then, you'll have other small cinemas showing arthouse films only in subtitled version. And between those, you have multiplexes showing big films and (sometimes) arthouse films in subtitled and dubbed version. I'd say overall, it's 50/50 between dubbed and subtitled ;) (probably 80/20 in small cities, sadly).

I'll wait until the artwork for the French version of Wolverine is released. If it's the same as this one and the HMV edition, I'll buy the French one. If it's not, then we'll see.

That's not really true. Some small cinemas may only show dubbed versions of the biggest films, that happens. Then, you'll have other small cinemas showing arthouse films only in subtitled version. And between those, you have multiplexes showing big films and (sometimes) arthouse films in subtitled and dubbed version. I'd say overall, it's 50/50 between dubbed and subtitled ;) (probably 80/20 in small cities, sadly).

I'll wait until the artwork for the French version of Wolverine is released. If it's the same as this one and the HMV edition, I'll buy the French one. If it's not, then we'll see.

I see that we are in the same city but I cannot let you say that it is 50/50 for french theaters. 90% of french theaters show movies in french language. Some small theaters shows "underground" movies in original languages. And sometimes, in multiplexes, you have big films subtitled. But that's very rare. And I go to the movies 3 or 4 times a week so I know what I'm talking about.
Sorry for the HS

I can let you say that maybe 90% of them do show American films with dubbing, but of those 90% at least half of them also have a few subtitled showings each day. Therefore, they count as cinemas showing subtitled films, ergo it's definitely so much more than 10% of cinemas showing subtitled films. I too know what I'm talking about, I guess.

Let's take downtown Nantes. There are two cinemas I go to, Katorza and Gaumont.

- Katorza always shows films in their original language and offers no dubbing, period.

- Gaumont offers dubbing for foreign films 90% of the time, sure, but that doesn't stop them from having subtitled showings of the same films !

Right now : Red 2, Jobs, The Conjuring, Kick Ass 2, Elysium and Now You See Me all have subtitled showings at Gaumont Nantes. That means, out of 9 live-action American films, that's 6 of them in original version each day — I'm not including The Lone Ranger which also had subtitled showings early August, otherwise it'd be 7, only The Heat and Percy Jackson have no subtitled option.

Therefore, both theaters fall in the category of theaters showing subtitled films. If it's 100% for downtown Nantes, it's probably closer to 50% for the whole country, and it's certainly much higher than 10%.

Sorry for the off-topic, guys. Let's get back on it... uh, here's hoping the steelbook will actually be white, not silverish, otherwise it could be a bit hard to see Wolverine's claws and it'd look weird.

Last edited:
Amazon have updated the listing (Google Chrome translation):
The pack consists of 3 discs.
- 1 Blu-ray 3D version of the film cinematrografica
- 1 2D Blu-ray disc with the extended version of the film (Extended Edition) and audio commentary by director
- 1 2D Blu-ray disc with the film version of the film + extras

I'll probably go for this for a number of reasons which I posted in the Hmv thread, but will decide when in hand pics are up.

Reactions: BluRoo98
I've looked at all the steelbook releases this movie is getting, and I can't figure why this .it one isn't going to be the most sought after in the world.

-It doesn't have that ugly "3D" under the title
-It's the only release where the claws are going to be metallic
-It has three discs

I couldn't find any information about the HMV version being anything special, so why are users here waiting for both versions to be released before they decide which one to buy?

(I'm seriously asking why because I (can only afford to) want one version of this movie, and I want the best one)

How do you know it's the only one without 3D in the title or it's the only one with silver claws?

The last HMV image on their site showed exactly the same as the one in the OP in this thread!! Chances are this will be universal art work exactly the same all over the world

The last HMV image on their site showed exactly the same as the one in the OP in this thread!! Chances are this will be universal art work exactly the same all over the world

This is very likely. Remember Prometheus, among others.

How do you know it's the only one without 3D in the title or it's the only one with silver claws?

I guess I overlooked the image shown on the HMV website and how the claws look silver (this is the website, right? http://www.hmv.com/film/the-wolverine/) But the 3d logo is still there and there's no mention about how many discs are included.

I don't even get the Prometheus reference that APSmith is referring to, so I'm at a loss here =(

I would like to know for sure that this won't have 3d all over it . Guess we may have to wait for actual pics.