Other pics:
ThisisEnglandSide.jpg

ThisisEnglandBack.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 225
Last edited by a moderator:
Any recommendations on whether to blind buy or not? Maybe a quick synopsis of the film for a lonely American??? THANKS!

set in the 80s, a young boy struggling with the loss of his father finds himself getting in with 'the wrong crowd,' in this instance, a group of skin heads.

just incase you arent familiar with the skin head culture in USA, it was typically working class people who listened to ska/two-tone music and wore their hair shaven (hence 'skin head'), but the culture/fashion was later hijacked by racists/extreme politics...

The film focuses on the boy growing up during this time in england.

it definitely is recommended.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonnie123
set in the 80s, a young boy struggling with the loss of his father finds himself getting in with 'the wrong crowd,' in this instance, a group of skin heads.

just incase you arent familiar with the skin head culture in USA, it was typically working class people who listened to ska/two-tone music and wore their hair shaven (hence 'skin head'), but the culture/fashion was later hijacked by racists/extreme politics...

The film focuses on the boy growing up during this time in england.

it definitely is recommended.

Also a mention that Thomas Turgoose who plays Shaun is truly amazing in this role and steals the show. But Stephen graham and the guy who's plays woody are awesome too. Actually they are all amazing in it. And if I'm correct most of these kids was plucked from the streets and not actual actors. Shane is an amazing director

Last edited:
yeh, it has memorable performances all round. i dont think the fact it is set in england matters, the message is universal. it is a touching film.

you might have to watch with subtitles though haha the accents are un-apologetically local

Reactions: Flloydo
yeh, it has memorable performances all round. i dont think the fact it is set in england matters, the message is universal. it is a touching film.

you might have to watch with subtitles though haha the accents are un-apologetically local

I think that's why I love this film because of the northern-ness of it. And I'm from Essex. Could of easily be set anywhere in the uk but works better with the Sheffield/ Nottingham vibe

Reactions: levi
The success of the film in the UK also led to a spin-off TV series called This Is England '86, which was set 3 years after the film and used the same actors/characters. The series was also a big hit and led to a second series, which was set 2 years after the first one and is named This Is England '88. A third installment (This Is England '90) is currently planned and will hopefully begin shooting soon!

Many of our overseas members may not be interested in this steelbook, but I still expect it to sell out fairly quickly... Zavvi are based in the UK, so the majority of people who visit their site are probably British, and the film is obviously very popular with us Brits. I even have two friends who don't usually care about fancy editions/steelbooks that are wanting a copy of this, so it seems it's not just us collectors that are interested in this release.

+1 Easily the best artwork for this film till date IMO

Meh, the teal colour scheme is a tad tacky and the blue in the title clashes.
Have you seen the Optimum 10 years HMV exclusive amaray?
7252_medium.jpg
It's basically the Little Whit Lies artwork seen here
tie+little+white+lies+mag.JPG
I have that and I love it, I wish they used it because i prefer it to this.

EDIT: Noodles beat me to it. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut
Joe Gilgun is amazing in this. I wish they would do the whole series. Maybe that would finally spark enough fanfare to get them back on track for the third season. And if this plants an idea for Misfits on Steelbook I will lose my marbles!

Ordered. I was looking for some codes too but don't seen to be any. This should not be £17.99 but I do love this film and have been sucked in.