Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 225
Last edited by a moderator:
quite surprised and relieved this hast sold out

in for 2:scat:

Really?

I never hear of this movie and I don't think I am the only one here.
Swingers sold out only after like 3-4 days. In my opinion this will still be on for a week from now.

Really?

I never hear of this movie and I don't think I am the only one here.
Swingers sold out only after like 3-4 days. In my opinion this will still be on for a week from now.

It probably doesn't help that you haven't heard of it if you're outside the UK, seeing as how it had a fairly limited release.

I'm just glad Zavvi are faring to the Indie film crowd other than big blockbuster mainstream cinema. I don't mean to sound like a formidable hipster when I say this, but there's some hidden gems out there and those who haven't heard of it are missing out IMO. I've missed out on some releases due to not having seen it and I die a little inside when I see 'Texas Chainsaw', a poor remake not even worth a penny (the artwork is very nice though) sells out at £17.99 in under 24 hours whilst this still remains in stock. :wtf:

its a sad fact but many foreign films simply dont sell to an american audience. americans like their films to at least feature people who talk american lol

they even remake perfectly acceptable films (seemingly) just to have the story told in an american setting or with american actors.

a few examples that spring to mind are Seven Samurai (the magnificent seven,) The Grudge, Vanilla Skies, Let the Right One in etc the same with foreign tv series too....

maybe one day there will be a This is America film? lol

shane meadows films are not about trying to win an international audience or create a blockbuster, they have a sincerity and realism to them by casting 'real people' and placing them in their natural surroundings... local, obscure places and telling 'real stories'...

it is simply a very good film, regardless of where you are from, a good story/message is universal.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

it definitely isnt boring though. it is entertaining, its funny, its heartfelt, its tense etc.

its a sad fact but many foreign films simply don't sell to an American audience. Americans like their films to at least feature people who talk American lol

they even remake perfectly acceptable films (seemingly) just to have the story told in an American setting or with American actors.

a few examples that spring to mind are Seven Samurai (the magnificent seven,) The Grudge, Vanilla Skies, Let the Right One in etc the same with foreign tv series too....

shane meadows films are not about trying to win an international audience or create a blockbuster, they have a sincerity and realism to them by casting 'real people' and placing them in their natural surroundings... local, obscure places and telling 'real stories'...

it is simply a very good film, regardless of where you are from, a good story/message is universal.

Don't know if this is entirely true. I think that is a misconception that all Americans just watch only what Hollywood puts out. I mean look at all the Criterion Collection and how much money that makes.
I think a lot of Americans just don't announce that they watch foreign films.
I preordered this even though I haven't seen it in a long time.

Don't know if this is entirely true. I think that is a misconception that all Americans just watch only what Hollywood puts out. I mean look at all the Criterion Collection and how much money that makes.
I think a lot of Americans just don't announce that they watch foreign films.

of course there are americans who enjoy foreign films, but im obviously speaking about the average cinema goer. the criterion collection is marketed to enthusiasts/film lovers, people who are open to all films... just as eureka is marketed to a similar audience here in europe. its not for everyone. but i was just pointing out how hollywood will remake foreign films for its american audience... that says something about what the american film industry thinks about the average movie goer...

Last edited:
its a sad fact but many foreign films simply dont sell to an american audience. americans like their films to at least feature people who talk american lol

they even remake perfectly acceptable films (seemingly) just to have the story told in an american setting or with american actors.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

it definitely isnt boring though. it is entertaining, its funny, its heartfelt, its tense etc.

I actually prefer the American versions of vanilla sky and let me in

I am 100% American and I definitely prefer UK humor and sensibilities in film and television. Some of my favorite TV shows are Fresh Meat, Coupling, This is England, Big Train, Luthor, Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, The Inbetweeners, I Am Alan Partridge, The IT Crowd, The Mighty Boosh, Spaced, Pramface, and of course Misfits; and that's just off the top of my head. Between this and the ready availability of Steelbooks I'm starting to wonder why I haven't just moved yet -lol

I am 100% American and I definitely prefer UK humor and sensibilities in film and television. Some of my favorite TV shows are Fresh Meat, Coupling, This is England, Big Train, Luthor, Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, The Inbetweeners, I Am Alan Partridge, The IT Crowd, The Mighty Boosh, Spaced, Pramface, and of course Misfits; and that's just off the top of my head. Between this and the ready availability of Steelbooks I'm starting to wonder why I haven't just moved yet -lol

You should watch peep show

You should watch peep show

How Not To Live Your Life is another good tip.

On topic, I don't really care how long this takes to sell out just as long as Zavvi keep releasing a wide range of films that cater to every audience. I think their recent announcements have proved that the smaller print run strategy is more than just a gimmick to boost flagging sales. They could be going for summer blockbusters and endless re-releases of previously successful titles which would sell out in minutes (like some other retailers seem to be doing), instead we are seeing lots of niche and cult titles, I think that has to be applauded.

League of Gentleman and Life on Mars, even though the latter is not a comedy it's top notch though.

Anywho, I best be getting back onto that topic now...

^

The current UK amaray release is region B only. Most likely the steelbook will have the same disk. And StudioCanal as distributor -> region-locked.

I was hoping he was going to be inside art. Considering he's not on the front or back

Reactions: hayemaker