Top Gun (Blu-ray SteelBook)-Embossed (Play.com Exclusive) [United Kingdom]

thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Release Date: November 5, 2012
Purchase link: Top Gun
Notes: Embossed title, debossed border, spot gloss, inside artwork, clean artwork on back cover, 1 disc edition

33273582_500x500_1.jpg

Actual pics thanks to zesty:
TopGun-1.jpg

TopGun-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
too many releases coming too quickly from play.com,hard on the wallet even tho the prices are gr8.afraid to miss out on any,i will just keep buying

If Play makes a great back and inside artwork for this, then for sure the German release will be obsoete and inferior...they are doing great so far...

Well everyone who is quick to say it will be the same artwork might find themselves on the wrong this time around.

Play are looking at using different artwork for this release which hasn't been used before on any Top Gun releases, so stay tuned and we'll hopefully have more info soon. ;)
Great news! But does that mean this is a Play.com exclusive then?

Great news! But does that mean this is a Play.com exclusive then?

I think it was pretty much a given that it was a Play.com exclusive. The question is do I assume this will have awesome artwork and sell my German steelbook now?

Well everyone who is quick to say it will be the same artwork might find themselves on the wrong this time around.

Play are looking at using different artwork for this release which hasn't been used before on any Top Gun releases, so stay tuned and we'll hopefully have more info soon. ;)

Great news! I don't really like the look of the German steelbook.
any info on what the Watchmen artwork will be like?

I've held off from buying a Top Gun because that artwork has been used to no end. I'll wait to see what Play has up their sleeves. They seemed to be doing great releases recently so I don't see why this won't be a home run too, right?

So, folks complain about the German editions being re released but in the uk and without all the German writing all over it...and thats a bad thing??

...no pleasing some people :dunno:

For the record, Ive never seen Top Gun, its one of those films that back in the day got so much attention I was sick of it and the bloody song, so avoided it ever since...

I've held off from buying a Top Gun because that artwork has been used to no end. I'll wait to see what Play has up their sleeves. They seemed to be doing great releases recently so I don't see why this won't be a home run too, right?

I think its going to be the same cover art... Shooter is exactly the same on the front as the german release except this one has back and inside art (no blu banner either).

I think this will be exactly the same as shooter for layout... same cover, new back and inside art with no blu banner.

Reactions: cityguyste
I think it was pretty much a given that it was a Play.com exclusive. The question is do I assume this will have awesome artwork and sell my German steelbook now?
I only assumed otherwise because the thread title doesn't state that it's an exclusive, nor does Play.com themselves... that's usually all I go by. :p

I think its going to be the same cover art... Shooter is exactly the same on the front as the german release except this one has back and inside art (no blu banner either).

I think this will be exactly the same as shooter for layout... same cover, new back and inside art with no blu banner.

it wont be .... Horhay was reporting on our behalf. The art proposed is different art then having ever been used to my knowledge. Front/Back/Inside. So far looks pretty cool. :D