Transformers: Age of Extinction - June 27, 2014

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
From IMDB:
A mechanic and his daughter make a discovery that brings down Autobots and Decepticons - and a paranoid government official - on them.
With: Mark Wahlberg

Trailer:
[media=youtube]ubGpDoyJvmI[/media]

Original post:
Although nothing is official...

JASON Statham is being lined up to star in the next Transformers movie.

Huge opening weekend box office returns have convinced studio bosses to green light Transformers 4 but with a new male lead.

And Jason, who’s dating Rosie Huntington Whitely, is said to be the hot favorite.

“One of the stars being mentioned is Rosie’s boyfriend Jason Statham,” says a Hollywood insider.

“It’s clear the franchise still has huge potential but with a new leading man capable of taking Transformers in a new, darker direction. Jason could be just the man to do that and his relationship with Rosie would be an added bonus in marketing the movie.”

Rosie recently revealed how her movie role bought her closer to Jason.

“He’s extremely proud and he’s extremely excited to see the movie,” she said . “I love his films and now I get to love doing action too. So that’s something that we definitely share in common now.”

Attachments

• hr_Transformers_4_1.jpg
    hr_Transformers_4_1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 332
  • transformers4-teaserposter.jpg
    transformers4-teaserposter.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 420
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I can't even stand them. I hate how they always put plots in their films, and it always at the expense of explosions and stuff... like WTF's wrong with 'em?!

Horhay, scroll up a bit, I think Murdock was suggesting that the Nolan's come help out May with the franchise. Keep it civil folks-Autobots are never gentle! :scat:

Hmmm interesting, direct sequel means Megatron won`t be the villain

I don`t know enough about the Transformers universe to know of any other villains :emb: is there some?

Last edited:
If they're truly serious about rebooting the franchise and they want to make it darker, ditch the humans. Have most of the action take place on Cybertron. Show the events that led up to one of the greatest civil wars in the universe, and the destruction of a planet.

Also focus on Optimus and how he rose to become one of the greatest Primes, as well as one of the most respected leaders. He was initially a Librarian, so please show this as well. I can imagine that the library on Cybertron was the Universal equivalent of the Great Library of Alexandria. Let's see that.

Also show the friendship between Optimus and Megatron and how they initially fought on the same side in the civil war, and what led to the downfall of their friendship.

End the movie with the death of Cybertron, and show 2 fleets heading away from the doomed planet. There is no happy ending in this movie. It involves the complete and utter destruction of not only the homes of the autonomous lifeforms, it also involves the destruction of their souls.

You really want to be serious about this reboot? Get Simon Furman involved in the screenwriting. Seriously. His knowledge of the Transformers canon and universe is probably second to none.

What I've described above is the equivalent of Hollywood making a Predators movie, with no humans appearing, but with 2 (or more!) Predator clans fighting each other. However, movies like this will not get made. Sad really, as digitalbabe is probably drooling at the thought of having both a Predator and Transformers movie as I've described, made.

Reactions: ocielz and Drum18
And in TF5, show us the death of Optimus, the passing to Ultra Magnus and then the rise of Rodimus with Unicron trying to destroy the world! :scat:

Reactions: prodigy1985