Underappreciated films - take a moment to check them out!

Speed Racer ! A movie way ahead of is time

speedracericecavex3rkm.gif

Speed-Racer.jpg
It's amazing how many people hate this, I find it very entertaining :D

Here's one, I was surprised when I saw it first about how much I enjoyed it and how absurd it slowly gets in a satisfying way. Kevin Bacon's performance is also just stunning to watch, he convinced me in every scene no matter what happened, bravo.
large_yaf4WwHOAghlGQeC9qovOarLo27.jpg

It's amazing how many people hate this, I find it very entertaining :D

Here's one, I was surprised when I saw it first about how much I enjoyed it and how absurd it slowly gets in a satisfying way. Kevin Bacon's performance is also just stunning to watch, he convinced me in every scene no matter what happened, bravo.
large_yaf4WwHOAghlGQeC9qovOarLo27.jpg

Do yourself a favor and see this movie. The filmmaking is first rate. A real hidden classic.
I kid you not: Kevin Bacon should have gotten an Oscar for this.
And Gary Oldman is a genius as always (he should get an all around Oscar!).
The camera work is Scorsese-esque stunning.
MPW-52869

Do yourself a favor and see this movie. The filmmaking is first rate. A real hidden classic.
I kid you not: Kevin Bacon should have gotten an Oscar for this.
And Gary Oldman is a genius as always (he should get an all around Oscar!).
MPW-52869
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be sure to check that out! I haven't been that huge fan of Bacon (I have always adored bacon though :drool:), but after seeing more of his movies a few years ago I must say that he is a superb actor who definitely deserves more appreciation. I need to watch his TV-series The Following at some point.

Also Gary Oldman, brilliant actor too indeed, should get that one Oscar at some point before it's too late. Would be a shame if he ended up like Peter O'Toole, who's fate is even more sorrowful because he actually got nominated various times but never won. At least Oldman got nominated from Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, that nomination felt like "hey you're still doing a great job!" :D. Well after all Oscars are just meaningless trophies and us "cinemaphiles" can tell who's a great actor/actress and who's not, we don't need the Academy for that.

Reactions: nefilim
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be sure to check that out! I haven't been that huge fan of Bacon (I have always adored bacon though :drool:), but after seeing more of his movies a few years ago I must say that he is a superb actor who definitely deserves more appreciation. I need to watch his TV-series The Following at some point.

Also Gary Oldman, brilliant actor too indeed, should get that one Oscar at some point before it's too late. Would be a shame if he ended up like Peter O'Toole, who's fate is even more sorrowful because he actually got nominated various times but never won. At least Oldman got nominated from Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, that nomination felt like "hey you're still doing a great job!" :D. Well after all Oscars are just meaningless trophies and us "cinemaphiles" can tell who's a great actor/actress and who's not, we don't need the Academy for that.
Gary Oldman is my favorite actor hands down. If you want to see him and Tim Roth be hysterical- see ROSENCRANTZ AND GUILDENSTERN ARE DEAD. Fantastic.
Here is another hidden gem. Again with Mr. Bacon. It is coming out on blu ray for the first time on September 15th.
This is Christopher Guest's FIRST movie- before doing WAITING FOR GUFFMAN, BEST IN SHOW and A MIGHTY WIND. It is THE BIG PICTURE with Bacon, Teri Hatcher, Martin Short, J.T. Walsh, Michael McKean and Jennifer Jason Leigh. It is about a film student who tries to make his way in Hollywood after graduating from film school.
Great, great satire on Hollywood.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Paperinukke