Underappreciated films - take a moment to check them out!

havent seen nil by mouth, but do know what it's about...meant to few times rent it ... have get hold of it. and add maybe add Tyrannosaur to make it triple feature

:rofl:

yes those pills i'm popping do not help. i am depressed and like to feed it ...

:cautious:
Oddly, (and I am certainly not comparing myself to your situation Nef) sometimes when you are bummed- sad movies are more comforting than happy movies. Kind of a sympathetic feeling I guess. (Does that make sense?)
When I was the most miserable, I hated sunny days- because it reminded me that everyone else was happy.
That is why I love rainy and snowy days! I should live in Finland!!
The_Killing_Fields_film.jpg
Music Score by Mike Oldfield! The only score he's done since Tubular Bells for The Exorcist!

Oddly, (and I am certainly not comparing myself to your situation Nef) sometimes when you are bummed- sad movies are more comforting than happy movies. Kind of a sympathetic feeling I guess. (Does that make sense?)
When I was the most miserable, I hated sunny days- because it reminded me that everyone else was happy.
That is why I love rainy and snowy days! I should live in Finland!!

Music Score by Mike Oldfield! The only score he's done since Tubular Bells for The Exorcist!

totally agree.

...and that goes for music too. guess that's why i love joy division, the cure, black sabbath, the doors etc etc....

Reactions: C.C. 95
I dunno about underrated but a couple of movies i don't see on tv very often..but faves of mine..
A Perfect world
Bubba Ho Tep
Mystery Men
and a few i remember seeing waaay back but wouldn't know how they would hold up now..
Gotcha
Misfits Of Science
The Boys From Company C

I dunno about underrated but a couple of movies i don't see on tv very often..but faves of mine..
A Perfect world
Bubba Ho Tep
Mystery Men
and a few i remember seeing waaay back but wouldn't know how they would hold up now..
Gotcha
Misfits Of Science
The Boys From Company C
I second Bubba Ho Tep!
But, Misfits Of Science is a TV show.

Bubba Ho-Tep has an awesome concept.
Bruce Campbell as Elvis and Ossie Davis as black JFK vs the cowboy Mummy.

If you want something completely different, watch this. I don't know if I actually like it or not, but it was an experience at least.

jVAjmkV88Ww1SXHticgRJ0Qt4Fq.jpg

Right_stuff_ver1.jpg

awesome cast and brilliant film !
Hells YEAH! LOVE The Right Stuff! I think it was the first 3+ hour film that I wanted to keep going at the end!
Feels short! (A tribute to Philip Kaufman's brilliant direction).
The Mediabook blu ray is great.
PS- the shots of the X-1 flying through the clouds? A model airplane on a wire with a smoke machine in Philip Kaufman's back yard! (Now THAT is OLD SCHOOL!!)

Reactions: nefilim
Hells YEAH! LOVE The Right Stuff! I think it was the first 3+ hour film that I wanted to keep going at the end!
PS- the shots of the X-1 flying through the clouds? A model airplane on a wire with a smoke machine in Philip Kaufman's back yard! (Now THAT is OLD SCHOOL!!)

same here. and felt same when watching Apocalypse.Now !

This Philip Kaufman movie should have gotten more attention back in the day. But it was either dubbed a rip-off of American Graffiti or The Warriors (in equal measure).
wanderers.jpg

....And most people forget that Philip Kaufman is the Co-Writer of the Original Story of this small movie:
$_35.JPG

Reactions: Paperinukke
same here. and felt same when watching Apocalypse.Now !
I agree, although I am not a fan of the REDUX version. It takes the journey to a metaphorically 'spell-it-out-for-you' - type of affair. And I'm sure you have seen HEARTS OF DARKNESS...
but if you haven't- run don't walk, to see it.
(And I mean Eleanor Coppola's Doc, not the John Malkovich TNT movie of Joseph Conrad's Novel.)

Last edited:
Reactions: nefilim
So that's where that Armageddon joke came from?Guess i should find it online somewhere.

In Bruges
History of Violence
Oldboy (Not Spike Lee's)
I saw someone mention Takashi Miike, so I'll throw another family friendly title out called Ichi the Killer :rofl:
Cannibal! The Musical
Dark City (One would wonder what movie The Matrix ripped off)

In Bruges
History of Violence
Oldboy (Not Spike Lee's)
I saw someone mention Takashi Miike, so I'll throw another family friendly title out called Ichi the Killer :rofl:
Cannibal! The Musical
Dark City (One would wonder what movie The Matrix ripped off)

excellent list !